What's new

Breakthrough - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] Ferra/Torr Block Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Oh sorry. I was talking about comboing off of b12 on airborne opponents.
No worries bro

I get your points though I don't think we labbed this against slow poking characters. But this tech has been known for so long and biohazard and madefrommetal used this since ever and no one complained yet. But after the beta f/t seems to be more on the radar now which is Not bad at all.

Blewdew

im pretty sure raptor is talking about without meter as he said its plus 6 into a 10 frame mid, some pokes can low profile it, but takeda cant.
Yeah I know just wanted to point that out lol. I mentioned something similiar a few weeks ago in a meta without ex moves f/t would be gg if you're cornered by them.

CabooseLeGoose

Le Scoop
That's not a relevant point. If you count variations as different characters, the game has like 70 characters. Our community isn't the biggest. Just because something is unchecked, doesn't mean that it's fair.

Besides, no character ever needed something like this, as you stated, especially a character like Ferra Torr, who is actually turning out to be quite good.
I think I minced my words. What I'm trying to say is that Vicious, only Vicious, needed the plus frames. The advantage should be dialed back now, with the buffs received. But before the Beta balance changes, attention should've been directed towards the slow poking characters as there has been multiple times where slow pokes have been a serious problem with the same characters these traps are an issue with.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Because it isn't a true Block infinite.

@Rude the Frame data of oh Toss has been posted several times in General disscusson. Do your research first before being a dick.
People immediately dismiss Raptor with such insightful gems as, "Day 1 bro," and I'm the dick?

Yeah, that makes sense. TYM is constantly dismissive of tech threads and talk, yet rarely ever can back up where and when the allegedly "known" tech was first found.

I'm sorry you're offended by me exposing the truth to a real shitty habit this site has with tech threads.

Get over it.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
People immediately dismiss Raptor with such insightful gems as, "Day 1 bro," and I'm the dick?

Yeah, that makes sense. TYM is constantly dismissive of tech threads and talk, yet rarely ever can back up where and when the allegedly "known" tech was first found.

I'm sorry you're offended by me exposing the truth to a real shitty habit this site has with tech threads.

Get over it.
This happens alot but its not a bad thing, for example reo posts alot of goro tech that has been known for a while, but when Reo does it that tech gets more exposure, feraa was plus since day 1. Raptor just wanted to put ferra torr under the light again considering the changes he got with this pressure, its ok if he posts tech that was already found some people may not know about it.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
http://testyourmight.com/threads/ask-ferra-thread-–-information-q-as.53095/

Its been right here the whole time. Last spoiler tag in the OP created in May, in the thread specifically made for other people to ask Ferra Torr players questions since they were underepresented... but nobody did I guess lol, so here come nerfs for something weve had since day 1 that no one cared about until unrelated buffs happened :(

Blewdew

Get over it.
I know that people hiding tech a lot lately but this is not the case with this. I'm sorry if it seemed cocky from me but this has been used in tournaments alot so this obviously isn't that new.

I think a better way to solve this Problem is to give takeda a faster poke. Though I think f/t won't keep the + Frames now anymore. Can anyone say something about the frame data of oh toss in the beta? And also ex oh toss.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This happens alot but its not a bad thing, for example reo posts alot of goro tech that has been known for a while, but when Reo does it that tech gets more exposure, feraa was plus since day 1. Raptor just wanted to put ferra torr under the light again considering the changes he got with this pressure, its ok if he posts tech that was already found some people may not know about it.
You missed the point. Even if it was known, simply dismissing the guy isn't okay.

Also, I'd be less annoyed if all these, "this was known" trolls would actually cite their sources.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

Not sure if this has been known but Ferra/Torr has a block infinite against some characters in the corner if they don't have meter. This is done by looping b121 Ferra Toss.

Ferra/Toss is I believe +6 on block and b1 is a 10 frame mid. After Ferra Toss if you immediately do b121 then Ferra won't be back in time for you to do another Ferra Toss. However, if you delay it a couple of frames you will get Ferra back and still be able to do the block infinite. Walking forward works best so you can visually see when to input b121.

As you can see in the video, there's nothing I can do besides block. There is a gap to backdash before Ferra Toss but I think only some characters can backdash it in the corner. I believe this is a block infinite on characters with 8 frame or slower pokes.

What's funny is that this has been in the game since day 1 and has never been patched lol.

Credit to @EMPEROR_KNICKS for making me salty and doing this shit to me online.

@colt
The guy that won our local Gamestop tourney used this.

Funny thing is, he won the tournament with it. Then, he forgot about it to move on to Infernal Scorpion.

Blewdew

You missed the point. Even if it was known, simply dismissing the guy isn't okay.

Also, I'd be less annoyed if all these, "this was known" trolls would actually cite their sources.
There are enough sources in this Thread now And it has been used since the beginning I'm sorry if I'm a troll because of that.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Can we at least change the title to something a little more accurate considering this isnt actually a blockinfinite. Somehing like "Ferra Torr block infinite on takeda in the corner with no meter only"?

I know everyones on the nerf Ferra Torr train right now but cmon

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If one character can't get out, I don't care if it was known since Day -3, it needs to be nerfed. The LAST thing we need to see is Takeda buffs to compensate. Jacqui had to get both versions of rocket nerfed because one and only one character, F/T of all of them couldn't get out. All you F/T players came in the Jacqui forum for the only time ever pushing for her nerf. Now all I have is memories of how good rockets used to be. No sympathy from me.

Paulo don't let me down. I expect this to be Jacqui'd on March 1st or I call bs. I'm itching to make a thread about hypocrisy and double standards. Don't give me more ammunition.

/AlphaOut

Wetdoba

All too easy...
If one character can't get out, I don't care if it was known since Day -3, it needs to be nerfed. The LAST thing we need to see is Takeda buffs to compensate. Jacqui had to get both versions of rocket nerfed because one and only one character, F/T of all of them couldn't get out. All you F/T players came in the Jacqui forum for the only time ever pushing for her nerf. Now all I have is memories of how good rockets used to be. No sympathy from me.

Paulo don't let me down. I expect this to be Jacqui'd on March 1st or I call bs. I'm itching to make a thread about hypocrisy and double standards. Don't give me more ammunition.

/AlphaOut
What do you suggest should be done then? Id be fine with plus 1 over plus 6, as long as I can D1 check afterwards. This is FTs primary pressure/meterbuild tool here it cant be butchered completely

What do you suggest should be done then? Id be fine with plus 1 over plus 6, as long as I can D1 check afterwards. This is FTs primary pressure/meterbuild tool here it cant be butchered completely
make ferra toss less plus? Takeda had a block infinite on jason and all they did was make sword drop less plus. Ronin is pretty much still the same and jason can get out.

That's all i got lol

Status
Not open for further replies.