What's new

Breakthrough - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] Ferra/Torr Block Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@BillStickers think I'm gonna trust the execution of the guy who mains the character in question.
Nah, its fine Kamikaze.
The fight is over. If they want to believe there is an infinite here, let them.
They can sit there and wait for the nerfs to come, if they do.

Then maybe they'll eventually sift through more of our old news until they find the other like 20 broken things we've developed.

Like +15 bowl girl, or 50% meterless lackey combos, or god forbid they discover the other ACTUAL infinite in Vicious.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Yes I'm sure lowering the number of plus frames of a full screen overhead projectile that absorbs other projectiles would destroy this character :rolleyes:
Is ferra/torr the new shinnok or something the character is complete garbage outside of the temporarily relevant ruthless variation, the oh is negative on hit anyways

What you suddenly realized is the character has corner pressure woopty doo its day 1 tech

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Nah, its fine Kamikaze.

Then maybe they'll eventually sift through more of our old news until they find the other like 20 broken things we've developed.

Like +15 bowl girl, or 50% meterless lackey combos, or god forbid they discover the other ACTUAL infinite in Vicious.
It is over, but I still need to know for myself. I'll try and post my results later tonight.

Is all that shit in the beta???

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It is over, but I still need to know for myself. I'll try and post my results later tonight.

Is all that shit in the beta???
I will verify there are exactly 5 characters who can't get out of it by normal means.
Kitana, Kenshi, and Erron have issues but you do need to be frame perfect, one mistake lets them get out.

Then there are 2 more characters who also can't get out that have not yet been discussed.

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I will verify there are exactly 5 characters who can't get out of it by normal means.
Kitana, Kenshi, and Erron have issues but you do need to be frame perfect, one mistake lets them get out.

Then there are 2 more characters who also can't get out that have not yet been discussed.
Yeah but it works Both ways if you are off by a frame then your opponent out of them chars listed need to do a just frame to capture on your frame off timing if they miss that frame then it's the same deal it was before

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeah but it works Both ways if you are off by a frame then your opponent out of them chars listed need to do a just frame to capture on your frame off timing if they miss that frame then it's the same deal it was before
Very true. The point of the matter, as I think we can agree, is that if the opponent is given any extra room to work with (given both sides involved) then it becomes less effective.

However, if there is no extra room either though good execution on the attacker side or poor reaction from the defensive side, then it retains full effectiveness on the 5 characters.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Very true. The point of the matter, as I think we can agree, is that if the opponent is given any extra room to work with (given both sides involved) then it becomes less effective.

However, if there is no extra room either though good execution on the attacker side or poor reaction from the defensive side, then it retains full effectiveness on the 5 characters.
Lk cant get out as well as Kotal, Kano, non tempest Lao,F/t, and Quan.

*Insert Doge here*

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
just throwing this out there seeing as the arguing seems to have settled,, smaller hitbox characters can escape before the toss I noticed, at the very least Mileena can meterless roll in between b121 and oh toss. (tho not during b12xxtoss)

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Nah, its fine Kamikaze.

Or lackeys oki double corpsehop 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 safe Setup, vicious 48% meterless boss toss trade combo or Ruthless being +15 after f2,pngc :DOGE

Kamikaze_Highlander

Or lackeys oki double corpsehop 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10 safe Setup, vicious 48% meterless boss toss trade combo or Ruthless being +15 after f2,pngc :DOGE
Are you like really good at the Corpse hop? I've been working on it and feel like it's inconsistent at best. I've got the "walk a step and jump in" set up working. But the run in cross ups are killing me. I could do with some help.

Blewdew

Are you like really good at the Corpse hop? I've been working on it and feel like it's inconsistent at best. I've got the "walk a step and jump in" set up working. But the run in cross ups are killing me. I could do with some help.
Incosistent in which way? When you do it mid combo you can just run over them. I feel like it's really incosistent when you try doing it after a raw charge but in that case I usually go for f2,charge when they try to wakeup since it breaks armor for one hitting wakeups instead trying to corpse hop. When they delay it whiffs but it's still safe.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you wanna get it easier you can just dash once if they end up right below you.

Kamikaze_Highlander

Incosistent in which way? When you do it mid combo you can just run over them. I feel like it's really incosistent when you try doing it after a raw charge but in that case I usually go for f2,charge when they try to wakeup since it breaks armor for one hitting wakeups instead trying to corpse hop. When they delay it whiffs but it's still safe.
Inconsistent in that, taking a step and jumping I can stuff Lao's spin every time. But running in and going for a cross up Is hit or miss. is going for the cross up worth it? Or should I just run over?

I'm usually doing it as a combo ender, or off of f2xxbf3 to eat wakeups.

Blewdew

I tried doing the dash but I don't like how long it takes to recover.

Also what kind of damage are you getting @Blewdew on set ups? without a jump in I'm only hitting 29% (on both, b232+4, f2, 4xxbf3, and on f2, njp, 4xxbf3)
I only go for the setup After f2 when I don't have meter or when I hit confirm after b121 when I don't have meter so I really don't get much damage out of it but that's not the Point of it imo. being 40+ is a huge advantage.

You should just run over instead of trying to cross up I think. Tried that as well for a longer time but my opponents got out way more often than it actually worked. I usually run over them until I'm directly over my opponent and then go for the 50/50 since after they try to wakeup with reversed Inputs they'll just stand there blocking. You can mix it up with d3(Bio uses d3 Slot lately),d1 or njp or whatever you want your choices should depend on wether the opponent knows how to deal with the corpse hop or not.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
There you go, according to the changes you can now backdash OH girl.
That means the infinite should be dead now, right? Since now everyone can avoid the OH toss.

Status
Not open for further replies.