What's new

PR Balrog gives us his thoughts on INJUSTICE, patches and does he agree with Filipino Champ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Neither the games (to some degree) nor the wins are relevant, when it comes to making a name for yourself.
The competition is relevant and MK2 and UMK3 don't have that competition. Besides that games do matter, when it comes to such an extreme comparision ... there is a difference if you play MK2, or if you play UMVC3, which is a much harder game by default.

You can't honestly believe that REO winning at MK2 and UMK3 against 5 other people puts him on the same level as Justin Wong making it to TOP 8, or even winning some games like UMVC3, SF4 and SFxT.
You have to be trolling, you have to. There is no way in hell you're such an idiot.
Of course I agree with you... I was just pointing out a simple notion. I think you are over thinking it. I am not going to repeat my purpose of posting... look at the post you quoted... read it again... become enlightened.

SZSR

Noob
The minimum requirement for REO to be winning at Capcom games is to give a damn about them. As far as I can see, no fucks given.

REO excels at all MKs, not just MK9. IIRC, he won three MK tournaments at one tournament.
He's also won in Injustice. He's also insane at Smash and other games.

All this in the smaller expanse of time that the current MK community has existed, while the SF community never really had a great lull like we did.

To those who say Capcom players have done more, it's easy to do that with a scene that's been around and thriving for 10+ years and is headlining all the major events.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Multiple versions of the same game is not playing a lot of games. And stop bringing up Smash bros thats just desperate. And the FGC gives no fucks if you are in the guiness book of world records, i had no idea till you just said it. What is it most hoodies worn during a video game.
I'm sorry but remind me.... isn't Smash at EVO?

Smash has one of the BIGGEST scenes in the FGC.

The minimum requirement for REO to be winning at Capcom games is to give a damn about them. As far as I can see, no fucks given.

REO excels at all MKs, not just MK9. IIRC, he won three MK tournaments at one tournament.
He's also won in Injustice. He's also insane at Smash and other games.

All this in the smaller expanse of time that the current MK community has existed, while the SF community never really had a great lull like we did.

To those who say Capcom players have done more, it's easy to do that with a scene that's been around and thriving for 10+ years and is headlining all the major events.

totally agree with this. SF and all the other "harder" games have been out for centuries an shit so of course they've been under the big spotlight for a while. mk9 JUST came out in 2011 the damn game isnt even 5 years old yet lol its kinda still being put on the spotlight and with injustice just coming out and it not even being a couple months old yet mk players are STILL kicking ass and taking names in that too!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
lol I usually work more then 8 hours a day, commute for 2 be a father for 5 a husband for 2 sleep for 7.

My game time comes outta my sleep time, I literally only played about 2 hrs a week leading up to UFGT and still almost made it outta my pool lol

I feel bad for people that put in a shit load of time and go 0-2.

But I guess if you have no job and still have a place to live, and have no real aspirations to do anything else in life besides play video games, then yah 16 hrs a day seems legit. I can understand that if your a still a kid and living at home. But what are you gonna do when your 40 years old and have no career and no money saved up for retirement, and your alone in a basement still playing 16 hrs a day to spend money to go to a tourny and go 0-2?

but I digress, to each there own.

Don't think I'm trying to sound all high and mighty, shit I wish I had nothing else to do but game, but I also wouldn't be wasting that much of my life doing it when there is so much more shit to do before I die.
You assume I will continue to do this when I have something better to do.

Of course I agree with you... I was just pointing out a simple notion. I think you are over thinking it. I am not going to repeat my purpose of posting... look at the post you quoted... read it again... become enlightened.
REO would stand in a better light, if he was playing tennis and bodying people in matches.
That would be more relevant to his credability than playing and winning in MK2 and UMK3, since by playing tennis he would stay in shape and could defeat Justin Wong, when it comes to running 50 yards as fast as possible.

MK2 and UMK3 don't matter and they never did. What REO does there does not matter. REO is playing only one game that is viable right now (MK9 is not, since it lacks competition and support - even from its own community). REO is no where near other top level guys, since you can only consider yourself a top level guy, if you're versatile and have multiple viable fighting games to back it up with and the Capcom fighters are such kind of games and at the same time also harder than the stuff REO plays and they have more well established and overall better competition.

Let's all stop talking shit on here and see who wins in Injustice. It may be a NRS game but it barely resembles MK9. I suppose that settles the score.

Belial

Noob
I was actually going to step up for REO until he made that post. Wow
I just wish NRS did a game thats not a garbage for once. That'd be a real eye-opener for MK world.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
May I point something out.

A player isn't irrelevant because they only choose to play the MK games exclusively, or the soul calibur games, or the tekken games.

Players choose to play what games they like, unless they're sponsored and can actually afford to practice every game out there, A high level MK/Injustice player is NOT irrelevant because they only choose to play those games, Since when have we all started deciding what fighting games are more important than others?

MK and Injustice are the most important fighting games to ME, so I play them at the highest level possible, So long as you and the community are passionate about your game, who gives a fuck what the outside world thinks.

A high level MK/Injustice player is NOT irrelevant because they only choose to play those games, Since when have we all started deciding what fighting games are more important than others?
No one ever said that. Not even I said that and I'm probably the main person who is downgrading REO and the MK9 community in this thread.

You all don't get it.
REO is a great player and I acknowledge that, but he is nothing, when it comes to the overall community. NOTHING. Why? He never acomplished anything.
He builts himself up on the fact that he was playing all of the MK games competetively, but 1) how many of them were actually competetive to such an extend like SF 3rd Strike or MVC2? Judging by the game mechanics and the competition? And 2) How many of these games did he play at the same time? I guess not that many, since he was playing the most recent one, so his focus was always directed towards one game.

One game without any real name in the FGC, because unfortunately that's how the FGC is. No one ever cared about old MK games competition-wise. MK9 was the first game that actually started something for this community.

Do I think that REO could do well in Capcom games? Yes, in fact I do.
But does that mean ANYTHING? No, because he never played these games. He has NOTHING to back it up with, NOTHING.

When it comes to judging great players... great people... it's about what they have acomplished and not what kind of a potential they have. REO does not deserve to be mentioned in the same line as the likes of Justin Wong and Chris G, because they did so much more than him. And yes, I think that these two players surpass even guys like Daigo and Infiltration. Not in their own respective game and that applies even for Injustice, but they consistency with the amount of games they play >>>>> everything anyone here in this community ever did and for you you have to shut the hell up.

Death

Noob
I lold when killzone called mkf Timmy

@claude

I agree with you man and I do think reo is an amazing fg player. But using old mk games as part of your reasoning is kinda weak IMO

Dude, Muhamad Ali is TOP 5 Sports man overall (of all times)
And he was a Boxer, he didnt do any other sports.
SO NOW GTFO
Spielst du mal wieder den Klassenclown?

That's not a valid argument. Video games are not sports, no matter how much you want them to be. Rules of nostalgia don't apply to them.
Besides that... (MK9 = boxing, MMA = UMVC3).
Would a boxer like Ali make a great transition to MMA, just because he is talented? The chance is there, but he never did, so there is no point discussing that.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Its funny that you guys get worked up over the trolls jaym and killzone, its just like fchamp he can say alot about injustice but hes never found in a tournament.

Just learn to block or ignore them, this community will be here and continue to do well with or without them.

No one ever said that. Not even I said that and I'm probably the main person who is downgrading REO and the MK9 community in this thread.

You all don't get it.
REO is a great player and I acknowledge that, but he is nothing, when it comes to the overall community. NOTHING. Why? He never acomplished anything.
He builts himself up on the fact that he was playing all of the MK games competetively, but 1) how many of them were actually competetive to such an extend like SF 3rd Strike or MVC2? Judging by the game mechanics and the competition? And 2) How many of these games did he play at the same time? I guess not that many, since he was playing the most recent one, so his focus was always directed towards one game.

One game without any real name in the FGC, because unfortunately that's how the FGC is. No one ever cared about old MK games competition-wise. MK9 was the first game that actually started something for this community.

But does that mean ANYTHING? No, because he never played these games. He has NOTHING to back it up with, NOTHING.

When it comes to judging great players... great people... it's about what they have acomplished and not what kind of a potential they have. REO does not deserve to be mentioned in the same line as the likes of Justin Wong and Chris G, because they did so much more than him. And yes, I think that these two players surpass even guys like Daigo and Infiltration. Not in their own respective game and that applies even for Injustice, but they consistency with the amount of games they play >>>>> everything anyone here in this community ever did and for you you have to shut the hell up.
Chris G and Justin Wong can't even get out of pools for SF in Japan. Best in the world? lol

JLG

Noob
Don't think I'm trying to sound all high and mighty, shit I wish I had nothing else to do but game, but I also wouldn't be wasting that much of my life doing it when there is so much more shit to do before I die.
I have thought about this subject for so many years and always tried to make logical sense of it. Unfortunately, I still have not come up with an acceptable conclusion. I agree with you that there is so much we can do before we die. But here's the problem: we STILL die, and I do not think the ancient Egyptians were right about being able to take your "toys" with you to the afterlife (not that I believe in one, anyway).

Are we just trying to cram as much fun into our lives before we end up in the dirt, or do we really think that what we do will somehow last far into the future? My favorite poem is Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley, so it looks kind of bleak.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I have thought about this subject for so many years and always tried to make logical sense of it. Unfortunately, I still have not come up with an acceptable conclusion. I agree with you that there is so much we can do before we die. But here's the problem: we STILL die, and I do not think the ancient Egyptians were right about being able to take your "toys" with you to the afterlife (not that I believe in one, anyway).

Are we just trying to cram as much fun into our lives before we end up in the dirt, or do we really think that what we do will somehow last far into the future? My favorite poem is Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley, so it looks kind of bleak.

I'm still pissed I won't live to see flying cars like in Back to the Future 2 and the jetsons, one day I may get over that one lol

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

You all don't get it.

I'm sorry but this is probably the most idiotic bias post I've ever read on here. He hasn't accomplished anything? I'm pretty sure its just you and people like you that thinks so. Putting him in the top 5 in the world I can understand your point, but someone saying he wouldn't even be in the top 50 is ridiculous.

He is know to be the top player in mk2 and umk3, placed second at Evo 2011, won two MLG back to back, consistently place in the top 3 in MK9 in 2011 and 2012, in Guinness book of world record, and is a top player in Injustice. He even listed as #1 in national fighting game website. If non of those seem like an accomplishment in the fgc to you, I'm sure there is a number of us on here that would love to be listed under those accomplishments. And im pretty sure jwong, PR Balrog, and Chris G wouldn't agree on Your statement that REO hasn't accomplish anything just because he doesn't play Capcom games.

Status
Not open for further replies.