What's new

PowerA announces new FightPad - PowerA Fusion FightPad for PS4/XB1/NS

I got it to work with all the fighting games on steam, you just have to check the Playstation configuration support in your general controller settings. I just found out that L2 and R2 are not actual triggers, they have no spring. I came very close to selling the controller, but after playing with it some more, I'm loving it now and keeping it
im not saying the controller doesnt work , it doesnt show Playstation inputs it shows Xbox inputs the controller is detected has Xbox one controller no matter what settings.

Also the controller does random shit with KOF XIV

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I've been playing a good amount of sets with this controller since this monday, so I've decided it's time to post some of my first impressions here:
  • DPad is godlike when compared to Dual Shock 4. I was a bit concerned about the floaty design, but it offers the right resistance when pressing and is precise. I can do BF moves all day without accidental jumpings. Really good for Command Grabs too. As for the drawbacks, I think it's placed a bit low and the raised edges could be a bit rough for long playing sessions. Also, It's worth noting that getting used to it can be a bit tricky after the prolonged use of DS4, which requires softer inputs.
  • Front buttons feel great. Good resistance to pressing and right size.
  • The triggers feel good, almost like buttons. Way better than DS4's for FBs and Wave Dashing. I really like them.
  • I don't like the L1, R1 buttons. Too sensitive and feel like if they were too thin.
  • Materials, weight and surface of the controller, dpad an buttons are legit, it feels as a quality controller should do.
  • Includes a 3.5 mm audio jack. Hori FGC not having it has always been a dealbreaker for me, preventing me from buying it.
  • Personally, I haven't had any issues reseting practice mode with the options button (pressing it twice) with pause delay enabled.

Overall, I'm happy with it so far.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
im not saying the controller doesnt work , it doesnt show Playstation inputs it shows Xbox inputs the controller is detected has Xbox one controller no matter what settings.

Also the controller does random shit with KOF XIV
I've never had this issue with what it's detected as, though sometimes it just doesn't get detected at all. Unplugging and reconnecting fixes that, though.

THTB

Just a report back.

This pad is the best in the business. The only thing close is the M30.

Getting bf inputs out of crouch in MK is so CLEAN. Digital triggers are CLEAN. Everything comes out so CLEAN. Unless you NEED the touchpad because you take advantage of every button, it isn't necessary. The controller is a joy to use, though, and most of the gripes are never bothersome to me.

My verdict is still very much a BUY.

Just a report back.

Getting bf inputs out of crouch in MK is so CLEAN. Digital triggers are CLEAN. Everything comes out so CLEAN. Unless you NEED the touchpad because you take advantage of every button, it isn't necessary. The controller is a joy to use, though, and most of the gripes are never bothersome to me.

How do you have your buttons set?

The trigger sensitivity gets in the way for me sometimes when doing combos it will register it as an input and won’t cancel into a special.

THTB

The trigger sensitivity gets in the way for me sometimes when doing combos it will register it as an input and won’t cancel into a special.
I use the default controls.

The key is resting your index finger on the triggers.

C-Sword

Noob

Triangle: FP
R1 (Face): BP
O: FK
R2 (Face): BK

Remap the shoulder buttons
R1: Flip Stance
R2: Block

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
All of you are amazingly skilled since you all can somehow manage to play any fighting game on a PAD! I have tried many times and failed. I just can't get the feel for the timing of any solid offense or defense while using a pad. I have a few really good ones too. My non-arcade-stick using friends love them when the come over for some games, though.

Triangle: FP
R1 (Face): BP
O: FK
R2 (Face): BK

Remap the shoulder buttons
R1: Flip Stance
R2: Block
Man you have no idea how much you’ve helped me, genuine life saver, I never paid attention to the remap toggle!

I was about to throw this shit up on eBay lmao.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
any of you opened it up to see how its looking inside and if its compatible to original ss parts?

I've been using this pad since it came out and I love it. The d pad is clean and accurate after you get used to it just like any new pad. For me it beats the M30 slightly bc I don't need a converter and the top row buttons are bigger. It's also wired.

Just like the posts before, the fingers should rest on the triggers. The sensitivity of the bumpers actually has had an advantage for me bc switching from the triggers to the bumpers is super easy and responsive. The weight is amazing. My favorite pad for the PS4 hands down.

All of you are amazingly skilled since you all can somehow manage to play any fighting game on a PAD! I have tried many times and failed. I just can't get the feel for the timing of any solid offense or defense while using a pad. I have a few really good ones too. My non-arcade-stick using friends love them when the come over for some games, though.
It's mainly bc of the era that people grew up in. I was raised on consoles and pad is all I know. Sticks are foreign to me but I learned for sf4. But now with these pads coming out I'm sticking with those

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
It's mainly bc of the era that people grew up in. I was raised on consoles and pad is all I know. Sticks are foreign to me but I learned for sf4. But now with these pads coming out I'm sticking with those
Yeah, that totally makes sense. I'm old and started playing games in the arcade back in 1981 when I was 7 years old. There were only trackballs and arcade sticks.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I tried a lot of pads but honestly the PS4 pad work perfectly well for MK.
Agreed, i have 3 different colors of it and i am happy with them.. I have tried Nacon and Razer Raiju and they were not fit to me.. but they are great when i am playing Witcher, Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption... i prefer standart Dualshock 4 V1 or V2 for fighting games. i think it's because of my old habit.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
Just a report back.

I completely agree with you!! I'm really happy with the power_A after using it for several weeks.

In my case my buttons are remapped this way:
Triangle, square, circle and x: default
R1 front button: throw
R2 front button: flip stance (makes it easier to wake up roll and FB input is comfortable when you get used to it)

Remap shoulder buttons:
R1 shoulder button: interaction/mb button
R2 shoulder button: block

THTB

More opinions on the pad, from other players.

Had a local Tekken player mess around with it, and outside of having to readjust movement, he approved of the pad. Even mentioned that doing pretzel motions was incredibly crisp.

@Kompetitor also tried it out, and really loved the way it felt. Also noted that, as someone who used a 360 pad in the past, that it felt very familiar for him.

More opinions on the pad, from other players.

Had a local Tekken player mess around with it, and outside of having to readjust movement, he approved of the pad. Even mentioned that doing pretzel motions was incredibly crisp.

@Kompetitor also tried it out, and really loved the way it felt. Also noted that, as someone who used a 360 pad in the past, that it felt very familiar for him.

Hi. Will the PS4 version work on PC? Thanks.

THTB

Also, taking off the faceplate works wonders! I was having issues using it for Tekken and trying to KBD on the right side, and that was largely due to the ridge around the d-pad being too high. I took it off, and it felt extremely comfortable to use.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Damn, the d-pad snapped off

thats like what...not even half a year? even the madcatz pads hold longer. disappointing to see that they seem to be trash in term of quality...or did you let it fall?

refund when possible and when not...open it up and make photos :3

Last edited:

C-Sword

Noob
thats like what...not even half a year? even the madcatz pads hold longer. disappointing to see that they seem to be trash in term of quality...or did you let it fall?

refund when possible and when not...open it up and make photos :3
I didn't drop the controller, I've been playing a lot of old SNK games with it like KOF 13, KOF 2002 and SVC Chaos.

I emailed PowerA and this is the reply I got:

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to PowerA Customer Support. Unfortunately, physical damage on the controller voids it warranty. The warranty can be viewed here: https://support.powera.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001074226-How-long-is-your-warranty-

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
I didn't drop the controller, I've been playing a lot of old SNK games with it like KOF 13, KOF 2002 and SVC Chaos.

I emailed PowerA and this is the reply I got:

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to PowerA Customer Support. Unfortunately, physical damage on the controller voids it warranty. The warranty can be viewed here: https://support.powera.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001074226-How-long-is-your-warranty-
did you bought it directly from them? in case you bought it from amazon go to them, they will replace it.
since you didnt dropped it they cant claime you misused it, their product is just shit. how long do you have it now?

C-Sword

Noob
did you bought it directly from them? in case you bought it from amazon go to them, they will replace it.
since you didnt dropped it they cant claime you misused it, their product is just shit. how long do you have it now?
A little bit more than 3 months, it also happened to some other people