What's new

PowerA announces new FightPad - PowerA Fusion FightPad for PS4/XB1/NS

C-Sword

Noob
What? They just stole the Saturn's design. Looking at that d-pad, it doesn't look as accurate as the one on the M30. I'll still get it though, cause I'm a sucker for fightpads. I do like that all the buttons have the same shape and size.

Btw, did you pre-order the SN30 Pro Plus? Can't wait to get mine this week.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What? They just stole the Saturn's design. Looking at that d-pad, it doesn't look as accurate as the one on the M30. I'll still get it though, cause I'm a sucker for fightpads. I do like that all the buttons have the same shape and size.

Btw, did you pre-order the SN30 Pro Plus? Can't wait to get mine this week.
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was exactly the Saturn design lol, but given that the feel of the Saturn pad is so good in the hands, I'm not even mad. I just hope the d-pad is solid.

I did not, but I'm gonna get it eventually.

Man these look sick. Want.

Wonder how they compared to MadCatz' fightpad, I love that thing much more than the Hori Fighting Commander

Hope these are good, just found it strange when MK and Samsho got launched we didn't see any Fightpad or really much accessories around those games especially MK... Maybe I missed it, but found it odd... Let's just hope they are not crap and the DPad is actually something to write home about, it's not THAT hard to do a good dpad, but we'll see.

C-Sword

Noob
Hope these are good, just found it strange when MK and Samsho got launched we didn't see any Fightpad or really much accessories around those games especially MK... Maybe I missed it, but found it odd... Let's just hope they are not crap and the DPad is actually something to write home about, it's not THAT hard to do a good dpad, but we'll see.
WB likes to do business with PDP and we know how bad their controllers are, I'm actually glad we didn't get any.

I used one this weekend at the Evo booth and the dpad is as good or better than the OG Saturn dpad ( i use one regularly ). The pad has some weight to it which might be a plus or minus to some people, and the face buttons are decent but they are the loose/clicky kind with barely any travel and minimal click feedback.

C-Sword

Noob
The PS4 version doesn't seem to have a button that replaces the touchpad, that could be a deal breaker to some.

C-Sword

Noob
The SN30 Pro Plus is the best pad for MK11

I've been using the SN and G Classic editions of the SN30 Pro + with Mortal Kombat 11 and the new Samurai Shodown. If you're going to play fighting games, I'd suggest the G Classic edition, its d-pad is less hard on your thumb, it actually feels kind of slippery. Certain characters in Mortal Kombat 11 have combo strings that require you to slide your thumb rapidly from one button to another (ex: Liu Kang's X, Y, X, Y), if you just press them regularly, the string isn't going to come out, it's definitely much easier to do on the G Classic because X and Y are convex.

I did struggle with both d-pads when trying to perform super special moves consistently in the new Samurai Shodown, you have to be extremely precise with the inputs ( ➡↘⬇↙⬅➡ B + A) . The M30 still has the best d-pad and is the controller I'd recommend if you want to play fighters that have a lot of circle motion inputs like Samurai Shodown, The King Of Fighters and Guilty Gear.

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I had to buy a new XB controller and I swear less than 1 month in one of my buttons is already getting sticky

Be interested to hear feedback from anyone who gets this