What's new

Post Your Rank on Kombat League S1

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Console: PS4.
Position: Currently 7th.
W/L: 270/110.
Characters: Kano for the most part, but I also used a lot of Jade and Shang, and a bit of Lao and Baraka.

Demi-God to God got me pretty salty due to the number of people pulling the cable but I had a pretty good run from God to Elder God so I only had to play 37 games to rank up.
Nice man Congratulations making Elder God, there are only 10 Elder Gods on XB1 right now and yesterday there where only players that made God Rank, I wish I was in Elder God. I'm trying to get to Demi-God but its a struggle(I Want the Erron Black skin)

I only play 5-8 sets per day on Kombat League because:
70% of my matches are like playing in 15f delay. It doesn't even make sense since rollback is supposed to make it static 3f and only supports 7f delay with the static 3f delay. Its like I have to build momentum to get my buttons out when I'm trying to frame trap or counter poke. Maybe its the fact everyone is on WiFi? But I don't like FT2, I know you can adapt to it and its a different strategy but I feel its to YOLO live or die chaos and I'm a player that does better having adjustment period to figure out my opponent and adjust my gameplay based on them. Personally I like FT5 but I can handle FT3 too. I'm a Shang main and always use him no matter the matchup and try to find ways to overcome bad matchups. So I'm also struggling with that since 90% are Scorpion and the rest are mainly Cassie, Erron Black, Sonya which give Shang a hard time. I hate the lag so much it literally kills my fun on KL.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Where can you see your W/L without starting a new match? I tried looking at my Kombat Kard and doing the math, but the numbers didn’t end up matching what was shown next time I queued up.

Was Demi God, then didn't play for 2 days, then lost 5 games in a row including to a master.
Sitting at 3400 points now.

I got where I wanted though, so the next few weeks I'll spend playing kasuals, analyzing my replays and labbing up. Maybe next season I can make it to God, but I doubt it.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Too lazy to check rn since I'm sleeping soon.
PSN: tyronecarter35
W/L like 120/115 ish
Character: Jax

S+ Main

Noob
W/L: 37/19
didn't know that rank decays so I'm just one game into GM.

Characters:
Jacqui, Jade, the true kahn (shao kahn) and Erron black

Steven_a

Light Bringer
I just started yesterday. Kombat league is hella stressful lol

Console: PS4
W/L: 10/2
Character: Baraka

Afumba

Noob
48 hours of inactivity gets you -200 points
I think you lose 200 if you where in Elder God Rank when you where inactive. What rank where you when you lost 54?
Lost 200 in Grand Master, didnt play for 3 days.

Wish there were an actual penalty table for inactivity so one could check. With all the bugs and issues in this game no way to tell if you get screwed over or not.

LawAbidingCitizen

Lost 200 in Grand Master, didnt play for 3 days.

Wish there were an actual penalty table for inactivity so one could check. With all the bugs and issues in this game no way to tell if you get screwed over or not.
Yeah I'm sick of the points being so unfair. I lost 125 points last night from a single loss vs Master Rank. Do they expect us to never lose? Normally I lose -25 per loss vs other GM's. So from one loss I lost 5x the points normally just because a decent player hadn't climbed to Grand Master before playing me. So its not based on Skill or W/L just Rank.
I'm getting matched with Masters a lot and haven't played a single DemiGod/God/Elder God?
It just keeps putting us out of our favor why not even it out by letting us face Demi-God and gain 200 for win and only lose -20 for loss?

I hope they change it in S2 to have it Rank Locked where you can only play vs people in your rank and the points are the same for all. Win=50 Loss=25 in Grand Master!

Afumba

Noob
Yeah I'm sick of the points being so unfair. I lost 125 points last night from a single loss vs Master Rank. Do they expect us to never lose? Normally I lose -25 per loss vs other GM's. So from one loss I lost 5x the points normally just because a decent player hadn't climbed to Grand Master before playing me. So its not based on Skill or W/L just Rank.
I'm getting matched with Masters a lot and haven't played a single DemiGod/God/Elder God?
It just keeps putting us out of our favor why not even it out by letting us face Demi-God and gain 200 for win and only lose -20 for loss?

I hope they change it in S2 to have it Rank Locked where you can only play vs people in your rank and the points are the same for all. Win=50 Loss=25 in Grand Master!
Yea i know the feeling. Happened to me too, twice already for ~130 and ~160 points. Also had a few games were i would have lost like 180points.

Its insane given that a rank up is 500 points. These things shouldnt happen. Except in God ranks you shouldnt be matched outside your rank with the exception being rank up matches.

LawAbidingCitizen

Yea i know the feeling. Happened to me too, twice already for ~130 and ~160 points. Also had a few games were i would have lost like 180points.

Its insane given that a rank up is 500 points. These things shouldnt happen. Except in God ranks you shouldnt be matched outside your rank with the exception being rank up matches.
I agree other games do it well they have standard ELO rating systems where you have a set point system in this case it would be:
Grand Master gains +50 Per win and -25 per loss and only plays within their rank(Grand Master vs Grand Master) then there is a promotion stage when you get to last 50 points(3450) where you play the rank above you in this case (Demi God) but they only lose the same amount -25 for loss and lose promotional and are back to 3400 next win they go to 3450 and promotional set but I think promotional should give the GM 100 points for the win vs Demi God so they are not at rank down risk once promoted at 3550 instead of 3500 and the Demi God should only lose -25 because they are not in control of being matched with promotionals. It would be a whole different story if everyone was allowed to decline rank ups or bad connections

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I agree other games do it well they have standard ELO rating systems where you have a set point system in this case it would be:
Grand Master gains +50 Per win and -25 per loss and only plays within their rank(Grand Master vs Grand Master) then there is a promotion stage when you get to last 50 points(3450) where you play the rank above you in this case (Demi God) but they only lose the same amount -25 for loss and lose promotional and are back to 3400 next win they go to 3450 and promotional set but I think promotional should give the GM 100 points for the win vs Demi God so they are not at rank down risk once promoted at 3550 instead of 3500 and the Demi God should only lose -25 because they are not in control of being matched with promotionals. It would be a whole different story if everyone was allowed to decline rank ups or bad connections
geez im stoned af but that was hard to read lol