What's new

Post Your Rank on Kombat League S1

Raider

Noob
My goal was to reach "Champion" rank (mostly for that Skarlet skin) and i did it in 3 days.
I started really good, going 12/3. Once i reached 1k points it was just Scorpion after Scorpion and i lost few matches and was having really hard time against him. Played Jade.

My final match for rank up to "Champion" was pretty interesting because this happened:

I won first match and first round of 2nd but then this Kitana just quit. Honestly i felt kinda bad.

I know that "Champion" is not any achievement but i surprised myself and i am just happy that i did in in 3 days.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
PSN: TemorKhan
Character: Sub-Zero
W/L: about 45/20
Current Rank: Grandmaster

Haven't played Kombat league much, though, mainly because of my current internet situation. I always play wired but am currently forced to temporarily play on wifi. Apologies to those negatively affected by this.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Platform: PC
Position: 60
W/L: 76/15
Characters: Jade, Kabal

The average player on PC tends to be on the lower end of the skill spectrum from what I've seen, but there are some AMAZING players on here too. Any other PC warriors here?

I dont want to edit mine because I am now a GOD

Console : PS4
Position : 60
W/L : 157/124
Char : Jax

Clearly i can drop outta engineering now guys cuz who needs a degree ima just command grab fools until they hire me.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Oh I don't know, I mean the higher you go the more people use the top guys E.Black, Geras, Scorp, Jax etc I've been getting a lot of. Been getting some more cassies of late too. I don't care for his skin lol since I don't use him but I do want the Kitana which I think I got passed her level requirement. Also, what's up with the daily rank challenges I do them and yet it doesn't count it, i'm stuck at 5 complete and 5 to go so is this a glitch? For the regular Season 1 requirements. I use Raiden, Jade, LK most of the time and Sonya here and there. So it's rough lol.
Lmao did you just say you use SONYA and “so it’s rough”. Tbh even using LK and/or Jade is not an impediment at all. The game is pretty balanced.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Lmao did you just say you use SONYA and “so it’s rough”. Tbh even using LK and/or Jade is not an impediment at all. The game is pretty balanced.
Compared to those three, yeah they're quite impediment lol this game is not balanced when Black, Scorpion, Geras own most of the cast. If it was balanced 99% of players in Kombat League would not be running to one of these 3 for easier wins. And I use Sonya once in a blue, only to counter the top tier tryhards if I'm not in the mood. Actually, yeah it is a bit of work to use LK and Jade in those match ups lol. Her flash doesn't make her immune to Geras's pit nonsense and her zoning can be parried easily by E.Black, Scorp's teleport like most beats Jade and is an issue for her. They can give anyone trouble but the difference is Jade and LK have bad match-ups, the others not so much. They can literally take on everyone in this game. This game is not that balanced as far as those 3 are busted. Compared to Raiden, LK and Jade I use Sonya FARRR less. I think I've used her maybe 10 times or so if that much out of well over 100 matches.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Compared to those three, yeah they're quite impediment lol this game is not balanced when Black, Scorpion, Geras own most of the cast. If it was balanced 99% of players in Kombat League would not be running to one of these 3 for easier wins. And I use Sonya once in a blue, only to counter the top tier tryhards if I'm not in the mood. Actually, yeah it is a bit of work to use LK and Jade in those match ups lol. Her flash doesn't make her immune to Geras's pit nonsense and her zoning can be parried easily by E.Black, Scorp's teleport like most beats Jade and is an issue for her. They can give anyone trouble but the difference is Jade and LK have bad match-ups, the others not so much. They can literally take on everyone in this game. This game is not that balanced as far as those 3 are busted. Compared to Raiden, LK and Jade I use Sonya FARRR less. I think I've used her maybe 10 times or so if that much out of well over 100 matches.
It’s not perfectly balanced by any means, but no game is. Relative to other fighting games, and certainly previous NRS games, I think the balance is pretty good.

I play mostly bone picker, who I don’t believe is considered top tier, and I feel like my level of play is not particularly good, but still beat the top tiers enough to be in Demi-god. When I watch my matches, I notice tons of mistakes and suboptimal play, and I still don’t get steam rolled by the top tier.

Unless you are in the top 100 players or better, I really doubt it’s your character holding you back. You are probably making tons of mistakes like I am and will do better if you just fix those. Sure playing a top tier makes it a little easier but that’s not the biggest problem for most of us.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I play mostly bone picker,
Are you talking about Shinnok from MKX? Just wondering.
I'll have you know MKf30 is a damn good player one of the best on TYM and showed that on the Tournament we held. But I agree with some things you said but disagree on other points.
1. I think everyone has room for improvement that's true.
But
2. As balanced as this game is there are bad matchups and what he described was bad matchups. They may not be caused by bottom vs top tier but more so caused by this characters tools out perform my character in every way.

Geras, Scorpion, Cassie, Erron Black, Sonya all have a huge advantage over many in the cast. Probably why nearly every Top Player has put them in S Tier Meaning they 7-3 the whole cast and have almost no bad matchups.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Are you talking about Shinnok from MKX? Just wondering.
I'll have you know MKf30 is a damn good player one of the best on TYM and showed that on the Tournament we held. But I agree with some things you said but disagree on other points.
1. I think everyone has room for improvement that's true.
But
2. As balanced as this game is there are bad matchups and what he described was bad matchups. They may not be caused by bottom vs top tier but more so caused by this characters tools out perform my character in every way.

Geras, Scorpion, Cassie, Erron Black, Sonya all have a huge advantage over many in the cast. Probably why nearly every Top Player has put them in S Tier Meaning they 7-3 the whole cast and have almost no bad matchups.
Bone picker is the second Baraka variation.

I don’t think any of the top players think those characters 7-3 the whole cast. I don’t think any top players even think they 7-3 more than a few characters. I think you are making a big leap there from going from “top tier” to 7-3 the whole cast. Would love to see a quote from a top player if I’m mistaken.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
  1. That isn't what S-Tier means
  2. There are very few matchups that even come close to 7-3 in this game
  3. This game doesn't have a single character who overwhelmingly dominates the cast the way IJ1 Superman, T4 Steve, or O.Sagat did
  4. Even though the top five does shape the meta and win versus most of the cast, the matchups are closer to 6-4 or 5.5-4.5 and they have a few incidental matchups against mid/low tiers that they lose