What's new

Question - Goro Post your "buff wishlist" for Goro!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Everyone needs to play a LONG SET with any real goro player (Ryan, Espio, Decay, myself, and I'm sure there's others) to really see why he's so overrated. A couple of small buffs will leave him in a similar tier to what he is purely because his core design isn't oppressive enough for MKX. He'll only be super strong if they do something a little nutty with him.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Everyone needs to play a LONG SET with any real goro player (Ryan, Espio, Decay, myself, and I'm sure there's others) to really see why he's so overrated. A couple of small buffs will leave him in a similar tier to what he is purely because his core design isn't oppressive enough for MKX. He'll only be super strong if they do something a little nutty with him.
Pretty much this. It's easy to play one or two games against a Goro and think he's crazy but go out there, play dozens of games, even hundreds and you'll start to see as you go how your character probably outshines him

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I could see cryo or unbreak being 5/5
But sub can't even throw a clone or he gets ex dropped or ex punch walked for free. How does GM beat goro lol
If Sub makes Goro use a meter for EX Stomp, that is a win for Sub. The less meter for Goro has for EXxPW is ideal for sub in this MU.

EX Clone is very good in this MU, Goro has to make a read every-time and either do nothing, or U1. EX PW can get beat out every-time.

And if you are throwing the clone that's your problem. Don't throw it if Goro has meter.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
If Sub makes Goro use a meter for EX Stomp, that is a win for Sub. The less meter for Goro has for EXxPW is ideal for sub in this MU.

EX Clone is very good in this MU, Goro has to make a read every-time and either do nothing, or U1. EX PW can get beat out every-time.

And if you are throwing the clone that's your problem. Don't throw it if Goro has meter.
Subs EX clone isn't even reliable in this MU from what I experienced.
I don't see it being a bad MU for goro. I could Possibly see it being a hard 5/5 but there is no way SZ wins 6/4. No way. goro can blow through sub offense anytime he wants EX punchwalk boyz

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Subs EX clone isn't even reliable in this MU from what I experienced.
I don't see it being a bad MU for goro. I could Possibly see it being a hard 5/5 but there is no way SZ wins 6/4. No way. goro can blow through sub offense anytime he wants EX punchwalk boyz
I would say go into practice mode and set Goro to reversal EX Punchwalk and see what your options are. But the patch could change this MU.

The best option is just to block and make me waste meter. You don't always have to press a button.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
okay how? You would have to play KW in that MU, and KW does okay, but not enough for a 6-4 Goro. Other than KW Goro cannot punish max range B2.

Sub Breaks Goros PW armor in the corner.

but its all irrelevant now, patch comes out tomorrow.
Actually bf2 most of the time punishes his overhead, also goro destroys subs clones really fast even if they jump that its a read and u can anti air him, you also have stomp, also he has to spend a bar to break ur armor and you can puniish that with bf2 im pretty sure. Goro can break his clones and sub doesnt have particularly good normals, or great neutral. IMO its either a 5-5 or in goros favor.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Actually bf2 most of the time punishes his overhead, also goro destroys subs clones really fast even if they jump that its a read and u can anti air him, you also have stomp, also he has to spend a bar to break ur armor and you can puniish that with bf2 im pretty sure. Goro can break his clones and sub doesnt have particularly good normals, or great neutral. IMO its either a 5-5 or in goros favor.
yeah that's why I said you would have to play KW in that MU because of having the BF+2. But that being the only tools isn't enough to make a MU winnable imo.

but on brighter news lets see how this MU changes.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Does Goro need anything anymore after this patch? The changes looked pretty solid to me. Maybe something for Kuatan but honestly if Kuatan stayed as-is I would be 100% fine with it.