What's new

Question - Goro Post your "buff wishlist" for Goro!

Tweedy

Noob
Goro does well vs characters that like to play up close.

Jax, Kotal, he does well vs Tarkatan too but Tarkatan is just so good, that it's still 5-5.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Goro does well vs characters that like to play up close.

Jax, Kotal, he does well vs Tarkatan too but Tarkatan is just so good, that it's still 5-5.
Goro is okay vs Tarkatan, simply because of the rekka being minus in between gaps.

Other than that Goro gets bodied from outside of sweep range.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
If Goro got 13-15f F2 and mid Shokan bolt, I would immediately start playing this game again.

Error

DF2+R2
Universal: change his face, make him actually look scary, he looks like a derpy Disney Pixar version of Goro in this game.

Krabman

Noob
If goro had better reach on his command grab dragon fangs would be sooo good. The only problem I have with goro is after using plus strings and being in position to mix up I can never seem to be able to actually reach the opponent without short run ups lol

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
F4 to crush lows
also F4 launches a bit higher for easier conversions in the corner.

Make the projectile usable in 2 of 3 variations (Faster start up, or a mid)
A mid fireball to force them to jump. but a bit faster startup is also good :p

Tele-Stomp has 2.5x more hit advantage.

EX Tele-Stomp has 3x more hit advantage.

EX Grab in all variations knocks the opponent near Goro.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Now for my realistic buff list.

Universal
Punch walk is now a rekka system and can be meter burned on block to become +14
Stomp is now 12 frames on startup and launches opponent into the air
F3 is now 9 frames on startup and hits overhead.
Command grab now leaves the opponent standing next to goro, and is +25 on hit.
B3 now has similar range to alien's b3
Gained a new aerial attack (Shokan Divekick) which sends goro flying at the opponent and launches for a juggle.

Tigrar Fury
Straight fireball now hits mid and has the same startup and recovery as predator's plasma caster. (shoutouts to forever king)
Flame breath is now 10 frames on startup and jails from all strings.
EX straight fireball is now 6 frames on startup, hits mid and pushes the opponent back full screen on block.

Kuatan warrior
Gained a new special move (Goro Klone) in which goro creates a clone of himself that punch walks the opponent when touched. Can be used in the air.
Ground Pound now has 3 recovery frames and can OTG the opponent
EX tremor can now be delayed while goro moves freely.
Chest lunge and EX chest lunge now reach full screen and launch the opponent on hit.

Dragon Fangs
Dragon Spin is now special cancelable similar to Liu kang's windmill punch, except it can be canceled from any of the three hits and ticks into command grab on block.
Goro can now choose whether EX Dragon Spin hits overhead or low on the last hit.
D1 now has similar reach to predator's d4.
Gained a new special move (Overhead Fang) which launches on hit.

These minor buffs might bump him up to b+ tier at best, but even after these changes I think he'd probably still need some help.
Sounds reasonable

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
So all his dirt and safety remains yet now he gets fast advancing mid pressure and decent zoning for a supposed rushdown character, while also keeping his meter build which would now become jailing safe or slightly plus blockstrings?

k

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
So all his dirt and safety remains yet now he gets fast advancing mid pressure and decent zoning for a supposed rushdown character, while also keeping his meter build which would now become jailing safe or slightly plus blockstrings?

k
He still wouldn't be Johnny, D'Vorah, Kano.

Let me remind you that Goro has by far the worst projectile in the game.

Goro is by far the worst rush down character in the game. I would consider him more of an Anti Rush down character.

And what jailing? the one Goro has to spend a bar of meter for that nobody ever blocks, you mean the one that is nearly impossible to hit on female hitboxes?

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
He still wouldn't be Johnny, D'Vorah, Kano.

Let me remind you that Goro has by far the worst projectile in the game.

Goro is by far the worst rush down character in the game. I would consider him more of an Anti Rush down character.

And what jailing? the one Goro has to spend a bar of meter for that nobody ever blocks, you mean the one that is nearly impossible to hit on female hitboxes?
Well what I said is assuming the patch nerfs all the official dumb characters.

When I said jailing I mean your wish list buff would allow him to jail some strings into low fireball or PW. So he'd build shittons of safe meter.
But then he'd stil keep his really good safe armor.

I just read making bf2 plus 8 instead. That seems like a nice balance.

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
I used to really support goro buffs until I played Miley Cyrus's goro at MSC lmao
But seriously I could see him needing a minor buff, I think after they nerf the top tiers the proposed version of goro would easily be too good. NRS has to really be careful about "buffing" the lower tier characters too much, look what happened to Mileena