What's new

POST-Starfire Joker MU Chart

Skedar70

Noob
I'm not sure what grodd is like now with the patch, but as of now, i firmly think joker beats grodd. If you do need some help with the mu, I'm willing to run some sets with you just add me on PSN Vengeance135
I was playing EMP Dark I believe he is in this forum. I struggle with the strings into teeth because I feel like have to hold those since if I d1 or d2 after he throws the teeth he just blocks and then I have to block the teeth explosion and then he is plus and I have to hold another striing into teeth or a jump in cross over into another string into teeth. I can't throw because the teeth hit me out of the animation, I can't jump out because of Grodd floaty jump.

What are my options?

DeftMonk

Noob
Hey, I ran into a good joker last night and had the same issue. I ran into a string to teeth vortex/crossups that I had no idea how to get out of. I used Grodd and I can't believe I have no options.
Ya I tend to agree with veng. I played a grodd last night and didn't seem much different. That being said grodd and joker are similar in that they have Swiss cheese holes and they are a lot less formidable to someone who knows mu.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I was playing EMP Dark I believe he is in this forum. I struggle with the strings into teeth because I feel like have to hold those since if I d1 or d2 after he throws the teeth he just blocks and then I have to block the teeth explosion and then he is plus and I have to hold another striing into teeth or a jump in cross over into another string into teeth. I can't throw because the teeth hit me out of the animation, I can't jump out because of Grodd floaty jump.

What are my options?
D1 stampede

You can also mb f3 or b3 or pushblock teeth

DeftMonk

Noob

What are my options?
Without labbing I would say backdash is a pretty solid option. 212 is the only string that is safe to pull teeth out so if he tries anything else (for instance b1 and u blocked it) when he goes for teeth u can 112 or 22. Some options I would lab for 212 into teeth would be maybe 22 string would advance u past teeth? B2 into leap obviously isn't a great counter but might work to get out. If he tries to push buttons after teeth I can see 112 being good as well if it will advance past teeth.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
D1 stAmpede prob won't work if joker just blocks after teeth
People need to start mashing the second they see teeth if they can't punish it properly. Teeth start up is slow enough to punish on reaction. The problem is, nobody knows they can do it.

Skedar70

Noob
Without labbing I would say backdash is a pretty solid option. 212 is the only string that is safe to pull teeth out so if he tries anything else (for instance b1 and u blocked it) when he goes for teeth u can 112 or 22. Some options I would lab for 212 into teeth would be maybe 22 string would advance u past teeth? B2 into leap obviously isn't a great counter but might work to get out. If he tries to push buttons after teeth I can see 112 being good as well if it will advance past teeth.
Will check, but I don't think these strings move you out of the teeth range and I will actually get hit during the recovery if he blocks.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Will check, but I don't think these strings move you out of the teeth range and I will actually get hit during the recovery if he blocks.
You shouldn't. In joker mirrors, we punish each other consistently for that. If he is using the 21 string then just pushblock the teeth. Grodd loses to joker so it's already an uphill battle for you but you shouldn't be letting them throw teeth for free unless it's that one string he can safely do it with. But then you can just pushblock teeth pop or mb through it. There are options good sir

I haven't even played against her or labbed her yet. Is it really like that?
Her straight bolt is fast enough to trade with gun shots. She's got the beam follow up which limits your movements further. She's got a nice air dash and 3 air zoning options. She's got a decent anti air game Joker isn't gonna be jumping in on her very often. She doesn't have great mids but her f3 b3 have great range. She's not gonna bully on wake up but all she needs to do is play keep away. Her wake up game is poor so the only way to kill her is to put her in the corner and keep her there.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Her straight bolt is fast enough to trade with gun shots. She's got the beam follow up which limits your movements further. She's got a nice air dash and 3 air zoning options. She's got a decent anti air game Joker isn't gonna be jumping in on her very often. She doesn't have great mids but her f3 b3 have great range. She's not gonna bully on wake up but all she needs to do is play keep away. Her wake up game is poor so the only way to kill her is to put her in the corner and keep her there.
Yeah I was just labbing her last night and the fact that her projectile can cancel to her fast trait projectile that can be held or mb legit locks jokers movement. She has 2 d3's and one of them has ridiculous range. I see Her anti-air options. Her j3, f3 and b3 are Crazy and to be honest, all her zoning tools are just really strong. This is yet another losing MU for joker. I can already agree. I might sell the game haha this is becoming ridiculous

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
Yeah I was just labbing her last night and the fact that her projectile can cancel to her fast trait projectile that can be held or mb legit locks jokers movement. She has 2 d3's and one of them has ridiculous range. I see Her anti-air options. Her j3, f3 and b3 are Crazy and to be honest, all her zoning tools are just really strong. This is yet another losing MU for joker. I can already agree. I might sell the game haha this is becoming ridiculous
I'm a cyborg player ive been zoned out I cant even get a nova blast out when she zones and uses her trait to zone, to only mb dash to get close and she b3s I can block it but she backs away and continues zoning like to much zoning I thought I was playing a fighting game

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Just thought I'd chime in here too like we spoke about in the CC thread.

The Joker/CC matchup is the definition of completely even at 5/5. Captain Cold's gameplan to charge trait is neutralized by Joker's zoning, and neither party is able to completely move in physically on both due to great anti-airs, so it becomes a game of zoning and set play. Whoever can get their setups out first and more consistently to keep them safe and convert damage off of them will end up winning the match.

You guys are just as annoying to us as we are to you, haha. ;)

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Just thought I'd chime in here too like we spoke about in the CC thread.

The Joker/CC matchup is the definition of completely even at 5/5. Captain Cold's gameplan to charge trait is neutralized by Joker's zoning, and neither party is able to completely move in physically on both due to great anti-airs, so it becomes a game of zoning and set play. Whoever can get their setups out first and more consistently to keep them safe and convert damage off of them will end up winning the match.

You guys are just as annoying to us as we are to you, haha. ;)
That is too true lol one thing that always scares the crap out of me is lvl 2 trait in the corner with cold... I usually say fml and hope I can get out somehow

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
What are jokers strengths and weakness?
Why should I pick him up over other characters?
What is your game plan when playing joker?
@Vengeance135
You want honesty? Only play joker for fun. There's so many other characters in this game that does what he does but better. The huge majority of the joker community that's left use other characters now in hopes he will get buffed. I think my MU chart is pretty realistic. He's one of the worst characters in the game.

You want honesty? Only play joker for fun. There's so many other characters in this game that does what he does but better. The huge majority of the joker community that's left use other characters now in hopes he will get buffed. I think my MU chart is pretty realistic. He's one of the worst characters in the game.
Ok. How about the other 2 question?