What's new

POST-Starfire Joker MU Chart

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Making this a little brief:
When Wonder Woman gets in, her normals bullies Joker into the ground. Instant air shield toss and regular toss at further ranges. B2 and regular whip to cover closer ranges (that still outfootsies every Joker normal and covers/punishes Joker if he jumps in). D2 (that also outranges Joker's D2) that covers both horizontal and vertical movement.

Only place Joker competes is full screen.

Note: Yes, I know this sounds super extreme, but I'm 100% serious. Wonder Woman annihilates Joker in footsies to the point where he can literally only block and hope to get a punish or lucky jump in.

Also, I saw your other post on troubles anti-airing Joker. Here are some tips
1. Establish your dominace in footsies with B2 and walk back regular whip.
2. Place yourself in a range either at Joker's max jumping range or a little further

I totally understand the troubles in anti-airing with a 13 frame D2, however, if you space it properly, it'll counter Joker's jump ins 100% of the time. Another reason why it's so effective is because you already control the footsie category, so a lot of Joker players will like to Jump because they realize D2 or D3 doesn't beat you out. So make sure you got that spacing on point.

Hopefully this clarified some stuff. Comment again if you disagree or have any more questions. Thanks!
Did you get my message on the punishing that plus lasso thing if it whiffs?

hardest match for me so far is against dr. fate. seriously this MU is pain in the ass.
Only thing I'd say is to trade with MB gun. If it trades, you get a bunch of dashes in.
If he does f2 into peace sign, I usually follow up with d2, d3, or gun (if I read a backdash)
From a knockdown , you can avoid his wakeup using a variety of methods (f2 stuff, jump forward, etc)

Ik his zoning is an absolutely pain to deal with, my advice is to check fate with our own gun and try to land some MB guns in for damage or way to get in

EMP Dark

Noob
I respectfully disagree on a lot of these matchup numbers. I'm not trying to up play J or anything just giving my honest opinion on a few of these matchup's.

Ivy 5-5: She can't stop J from jumping since she basically has the worse d2 in the game. Her zoning is good but not great so she really can't keep him out for long. Once he knocks her down it's party time J abuses her bad on wakeup.

Superman 4-6: He can't air dash mindlessly this time around cause J can easily d2 all of his air dashes on reaction. All of his wakeup's are easily baitable and punishable. The only Supes I feel that makes this matchup feel like a 3-7 is Theo.

Supergirl 5-5: Very footsie heavy spacing matchup both characters have to play patient and respect each other. Similar to Superman she can't air dash on J for free since she also gets anti aired by his d2 and all her wakeup's are hella unsafe and easily baited out.

Red Hood 5-5: Never really bought into the myth that Hood is a better version of J. This is a footsie heavy/spacing matchup. They can both zone each other, pressure the hell out of each other and abuse each other on wakeup. Basically whoever gains the momentum first wins imo.

Firestorm 5-5: Another very footsie heavy spacing matchup. He can't use his air dash on J since he also gets anti aired on reaction. All his wakeup's are easily punished and they both can pressure the hell out of each other.

Darkseid 5-5: His trait can be push blocked and without trait he's an average character at best. He can't air teleport on J without trait because that easily gets anti aired with d2. He most certainly can't regular teleport. His wakeup knee gets blown up by either with parry or mb f3. Once J gets in on him which isn't hard he gets abused.

Captain Cold 6-4: CC gets outzoned, out pressured and his trait gets shut down by J. He can't jump and he gets abused on wakeup once he gets knocked down.

I agree with everything else though.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree on a lot of these matchup numbers. I'm not trying to up play J or anything just giving my honest opinion on a few of these matchup's.

Ivy 5-5: She can't stop J from jumping since she basically has the worse d2 in the game. Her zoning is good but not great so she really can't keep him out for long. Once he knocks her down it's party time J abuses her bad on wakeup.

Superman 4-6: He can't air dash mindlessly this time around cause J can easily d2 all of his air dashes on reaction. All of his wakeup's are easily baitable and punishable. The only Supes I feel that makes this matchup feel like a 3-7 is Theo.

Supergirl 5-5: Very footsie heavy spacing matchup both characters have to play patient and respect each other. Similar to Superman she can't air dash on J for free since she also gets anti aired by his d2 and all her wakeup's are hella unsafe and easily baited out.

Red Hood 5-5: Never really bought into the myth that Hood is a better version of J. This is a footsie heavy/spacing matchup. They can both zone each other, pressure the hell out of each other and abuse each other on wakeup. Basically whoever gains the momentum first wins imo.

Firestorm 5-5: Another very footsie heavy spacing matchup. He can't use his air dash on J since he also gets anti aired on reaction. All his wakeup's are easily punished and they both can pressure the hell out of each other.

Darkseid 5-5: His trait can be push blocked and without trait he's an average character at best. He can't air teleport on J without trait because that easily gets anti aired with d2. He most certainly can't regular teleport. His wakeup knee gets blown up by either with parry or mb f3. Once J gets in on him which isn't hard he gets abused.

Captain Cold 6-4: CC gets outzoned, out pressured and his trait gets shut down by J. He can't jump and he gets abused on wakeup once he gets knocked down.

DARK. Hey man welcome to the forums! (Vex_Chan here)

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Swamp Thing: No clue, only played the MU like 5 times.
Joker wins this, 6-4 IMO. His zoning is surprisingly good vs Swamp and his parry is pretty easy to use given how slow Swamp is. I get F2, D1, and MB F3 parried all the time in the middle of my pressure lol.

It's not terrible, but I'd say Joker eeks out ahead.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Joker wins this, 6-4 IMO. His zoning is surprisingly good vs Swamp and his parry is pretty easy to use given how slow Swamp is. I get F2, D1, and MB F3 parried all the time in the middle of my pressure lol.

It's not terrible, but I'd say Joker eeks out ahead.
Great man, thanks for the input! I just recently added a good swamp/brainiac player yesterday so I'm hoping to get more games in and learn the MU. Swamp is a rare character to come by online lol you on ps4?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

Hey man thanks for the input! I'm looking to discuss and level up anywhere I can. I do have some questions on how you approach cetain MU's though.

The one that has me immediately interested is the Supergirl one. I completely agree with the strong spacing and footsies heavy MU. However, I feel that if she gets health advantage, she doesn't really need to go in on joker, just react to jokers moves. Joker lacks a strong forward advancing string, f2 she can easily whiff punish, if you get into d2 range, the safest option is crowbar but if she blocks, then she can apply pressure free afterwards. Sure you can parry bit if you read wrong it's a blow up. Her lasers can keep joker in check also, I know gun shot could work but if they read gun shot and punish with teleport, that's another combo. Regular air dashes can for sure be punished, but instant jump air dashes can't be unless you read it. Jokers d2 is too slow for a reactionary game. Also, she is quite the best in the corner, with jokers not having very many options outside of making a read and parrying at the right time or pushblocking. That being said, she can play a reactionary game with joker. He jumps, her d2 is amazing at punishing him for it. He f2's, she can react and whiff punish. He d2 cancels, she cam just react and apply pressure. Joker cornering her is always nice and I completely agree on her wake ups with you BUT, delaying her wake up and pushblocking puts joker in neutral where she can effectively react to what he throws at her.

My other interest is the ivy MU. I agree with her bad wake ups 110%. However her neutral is extremely effective vs joker. Mix that and her zoning and she can keep him out a decent amount of time, if not the whole match. Her zoning plus trait builds her great meter. Jokers approach has to be pretty flawless. Her b2 I believe is hella fast and can punish joker whiffing any jumps or forward dashes. She for sure doesn't need her d2 in this MU. If joker does get in jumping range she can block and pushblock him away and put him in neutral or even use mb f3 as an effective anti air and get a combo. Cornering her is of course nice because her wake ups are booty, but a well timed delayed wake up and pushblock and jokers in neutral again where she has great tools to keep joker at bay.

Darkseid- I can see where your coming from, great stuff!

Firestorm- ehh I could see it I guess. I think he has a stronger neutral and instant air dashes into torpedo to check joker from jumping to often is a great way to get respect. Projectile game could go either way, if you decently respect the ground blast among other things. I think forestorm has a slight advantage but not too much to mention, so great stuff!

Superman I have to respectfully disagree with. I don't have too many supermans jump on me too often and if they do, they are instant jump air dashing to switch sides. They generally keep to the ground and let joker hang himself, especially since he can punish crowbar on block. There's not too many ways joker can approach superman and all his ways are pretty unsafe. Joker can't outzone superman, joker loses to superman in neutral and joker gets obliterated in the corner due to not having any wake ups and his only reliable wake up (parry) can be stuffed relatively easy. Superman doesn't need to wake up. Just block and pushblock and he will be at an advantage again. In short superman, wins everywhere on the screen, in most places pretty convincingly if they know the MU.

Red hoods neutral is better then jokers. His set ups are much stronger then jokers. His spacing is way more effective then jokers and he does great damage off any conversion. There zoning can for sure go either way and joker has better jumps but red hoods anti-air is really strong. He is definitely at an advantage.

To me joker can be a viable threat UNLESS they know the MU well. If they do, it is a genuine struggle for him to pull wins in most MU's.

My final thoughts to you good sir is how do you deal with delayed wake ups and pushblock.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

I jist want to correct myself. Supergirl is not the best in the corner. I ment BEAST in the cormer vs joker lol

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
Crowbar is -9 with pushback imma try some more later today cus I been playing supes a bit. Are you sure it wasn't between the string and crowbar? In i1 there was a bigger gap and this one it feels tighter but there might still be a gap

Crowbar is -9 with pushback imma try some more later today cus I been playing supes a bit. Are you sure it wasn't between the string and crowbar? In i1 there was a bigger gap and this one it feels tighter but there might still be a gap
100% sure. The indicator said "counter" too. And I'm sure I was not pressing a button either after the blocked crowbar.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Yeah I'm pretty sure too. I saw counter when I looked at the replay.