What's new

Post Patch Superman

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Character still looks legit watching 8otB right now.
Going by what Tom said, a lot of those guys playing tonight were also not used to Superman's changes. Considering now that it's possible to completely avoid f23 breath loops without backdashing for I'm pretty sure the entire cast (Grundy even avoids this from what I tested), things might've looked slightly different.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Not sure who mentioned it here bc I don't feel like going through every post, but his bnbs are still relatively easy to hit midscreen. I've had zero issues hitting the scoop mid juggle. Only things that have to change drastically are his corner combos. Still found a 58%'er messing around in lab last night. Supes will be fine once the players adapt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Not sure who mentioned it here bc I don't feel like going through every post, but his bnbs are still relatively easy to hit midscreen. I've had zero issues hitting the scoop mid juggle. Only things that have to change drastically are his corner combos. Still found a 58%'er messing around in lab last night. Supes will be fine once the players adapt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
f2d1, f23, f2 Scoop doesn't work anymore. No matter how you try it it won't work. Also, maybe you have zero issues against one type of character weight, but depending on the character the scoop will whiff way more. Example:
against Hawgirl is easy, against another superman becomes more difficult.

xQUANTUMx

f2d1, f23, f2 Scoop doesn't work anymore. No matter how you try it it won't work. Also, maybe you have zero issues against one type of character weight, but depending on the character the scoop will whiff way more. Example:
against Hawgirl is easy, against another superman becomes more difficult.

yea, I addressed that issue in the 1.06 patch thread. I agree f2d1 doesnt work anymore.

yea, I addressed that issue in the 1.06 patch thread. I agree f2d1 doesnt work anymore.
it's sad, cause that was one of my favorite reset combos. :S Also, did you know that on block f2d1 Breath could be interrupted? This was before the patch and it still remains the same. f2d1 breath can be interrupted before breath by batman's 11 and don't know how many others can. Sucks that, it makes f2 become f23 with no low whatsoever.

xQUANTUMx

f2d13 can't be interrupted. f2d1 breath CAN BE INTERRUPTED.
well then again, they have to guess. Its the last hit that the animation stops. I dont see this as being a major issue. especially if you use the string sparingly.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
pre-patch i was told by Ares players that it was a block infinite because Superman would fly over their D1 counter poke. Now, the F23~breath loop is not even possible vs Ares.

I believe that only Ares that can crouch under the follow up F2 after blocking F23~Breath.
Zod can do it with his sweep I believe.

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
Wish I could've done a video on how nearly the entire cast could backdash his F23~breath into F2 before, but that players were just terrible at timing backdash... pointless now.

It's literally day 3 of the patch, with tons of buffs to characters, and some matchups which were 5-5 not getting touched at all.

You think Superman is basically the same, but he's not. Contrary to what you think, very few players play Superman at a high enough level to even make that call.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Wish I could've done a video on how nearly the entire cast could backdash his F23~breath into F2 before, but that players were just terrible at timing backdash... pointless now.

It's literally day 3 of the patch, with tons of buffs to characters, and some matchups which were 5-5 not getting touched at all.

You think Superman is basically the same, but he's not. Contrary to what you think, very few players play Superman at a high enough level to even make that call.
I havent got to play post patch supes yet is it really that bad? Personaly from reading the notes I thought it was he not Black Adam that was getting it the worst way.