What's new

Post Patch Superman

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Those who fail to adapt are the ones who do not evolve. selective pressure from nerf demanding changed superman regardless of how you feel. adapt or die, so to speak. It's as simple as that. NRS is not going to change him. We have to work with what he has now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Those who fail to adapt are the ones who do not evolve. selective pressure from nerf demanding changed superman regardless of how you feel. adapt or die, so to speak. It's as simple as that. NRS is not going to change him. We have to work with what he has now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Then do a whole new list of superman bnbs, because I'm not gonna redo my guide again.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
The character is still amazing post patch

Zoners will have more oppertunitys to punish supes zoning

His F23 patch has taken away the advantage at the start of the round and hindered some combos but nothing major.

Corner damage has been normalized from ~70 to ~54% which was highly needed
however, most meter midscreen combos remain unscathed.

Changes to MB F3B3 mechanics aid him, (Trait, MB F3, 3, Heat zap) does 42%!
of course, if you hit superman it mitigates the 50% dmg buff

If any player were to complain about superman still; it's understandable.

Still one of the best in IJ.

The character is still amazing post patch

Zoners will have more oppertunitys to punish supes zoning

His F23 patch has taken away the advantage at the start of the round and hindered some combos but nothing major.

Corner damage has been normalized from ~70 to ~54% which was highly needed
however, most meter midscreen combos remain unscathed.

Still one of the best in IJ
still amazing? surely you don't play superman. Try to do a fucking combo with him on midscreen and see how it drops everything.

idk what your talkin' about, I played 10 games there and combos worked fine, he's fine.
try to do f23, trait, f23, f2 scoop 3 ender
try to do f23, j2, f23, f2 scoop 3 ender
try to do f2d1, f23, f2 scoop 2 ender. Then comeback and tell me if he is fine!!! and pls dont dare to try this in characters that nobody use! try this on superman, green lantern and so on.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
try to do f2d1, f23, f2 scoop 2 ender. Then comeback and tell me if he is fine!!!
f23, trait, f23, f2 scoop 3 ender works, delay f2 before scoop

f23, j2, f2, f2 scoop 3 ender instead

f2d1, f23, f2 scoop 2 ender, f2d1 is -8 low, you get low damage but do f2d1, f23, f2, breath

You're basically complaining about having to opt for less damaging meterless combos with a character that builds stupendous amounts of meter.

you'll be doing Meter combos all day.

f23, trait, f23, f2 scoop 3 ender works, delay f2 before scoop

f23, j2, f2, f2 scoop 3 ender instead

f2d1, f23, f2 scoop 2 ender, f2d1 is -8 low, you get low damage but do f2d1, f23, f2, breath

You're basically complaining that his meterless combos are less braindead.

He builds meter like mad so you'll be doing Meter combos all day
less braindead? what the hell? sure.. because everybody could use f23, jf2, f23 f2 scoop right? I hope your character gets his combos ruined in the future too. Also, since when combos do a character braindead? wth? half the cast has easy high damage combos so what the fuck are you talking also, yeah meter combos? try to do that against aquaman. Against aquaman you can't do meter combos.

Troid

Spleens are overrated anyways....
I'm glad Supes has gotten a little toning down, because now most reasonable people can stop complaining about him. I've been trying to find uses for his other moves and have found some alright stuff in order to mix things up, but something tells me I'm going to be stuck playing the "old-fashioned" version of Superman for a while, both because they'll likely take forever putting the rest of the DLC and the latest patch on WiiU, and because when (if?) they finally hit it's going to be initially hard to shake my old habbits.

try to do f2d1, f23, f2 scoop 2 ender. Then comeback and tell me if he is fine!!! and pls dont dare to try this in characters that nobody use! try this on superman, green lantern and so on.
Dude after the second forward 2 3 just hold forward for a split second the scoop will connect every time

Update just hold forward during the whole combo

you'll be doing Meter combos all day.

Which drastically alters his MU against AM for the worse, add that to the fact that FTD now punishes all air laser attempts and the general F2 nerfs and you have a bad MU. And that is just an off the cuff explanation as to why this is a significant, and game altering change for superman.

But the reality is, this is a new patch and both sides of the coin have to stop acting like they know the answers. You have no clue if Superman is "fine" after the patch, what the tier lists/relative balance will look like and what the meta will look like.

Even if you understood the exact nature of the changes for Superman in a vacuum, you are failing to see the bigger picture.

That all said, (and despite how close to the patch it is) I would wager that given 2-3 majors Superman will fall out of the top 10 as he lost most of his teeth, while other characters who were already top 10 gained some.

TemperingMoon

I Am The White Wolf
So here's the BIG question..With this AHEM! "Normalization"...Is Superman still considered a threat? Or has his reign on the top tier chart ended?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
was hoping the GL Superman matchup got better but played superman cpu on hard and got bodied smh it still sucks
and i thought f23 wasnt supposed to reach start of match range? it still did when i practiced it for a little is just wasnt consistent

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Which drastically alters his MU against AM for the worse, add that to the fact that FTD now punishes all air laser attempts and the general F2 nerfs and you have a bad MU. And that is just an off the cuff explanation as to why this is a significant, and game altering change for superman.

But the reality is, this is a new patch and both sides of the coin have to stop acting like they know the answers. You have no clue if Superman is "fine" after the patch, what the tier lists/relative balance will look like and what the meta will look like.

Even if you understood the exact nature of the changes for Superman in a vacuum, you are failing to see the bigger picture.

That all said, (and despite how close to the patch it is) I would wager that given 2-3 majors Superman will fall out of the top 10 as he lost most of his teeth, while other characters who were already top 10 gained some.
Nobody said that F2 nerfs weren't game changing, simply he'll still be among the strongest in the cast.

I did mention how some zoners will now have oppertunitys for more punishs e.g FTD punishing air laser.

as for the major superman players, We'll just have to wait and see.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane can blow his back out in the neutral game now.
Our long range pokes seems so much better now that he doesn't have the means to stop us.

Error

DF2+R2
was hoping the GL Superman matchup got better but played superman cpu on hard and got bodied smh it still sucks
and i thought f23 wasnt supposed to reach start of match range? it still did when i practiced it for a little is just wasnt consistent
I think walking back avoids it.