What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

sgZick

Noob
Regarding Killer Frost's slide: the thing about signature moves like this (same as our lift) is they are predictable. The move is that good that it is save to assume that your opponent will try to use it in certain situations. Any KF player will use slide as a wake up move 99% of the time. I normally jump backward the moment her standing up animation triggers and will j3 her in the face just as the slide ends you will hit her with J3 even if she comes out right under or slightly past you). It's maybe not 100%, sometime it whiffs, but it's relyable wnough for me to be considered a good anti...

sgZick

Noob
Don't rush Aquaman.

Don't really rush anybody actually. GL is more of a spacing, whiff punishing, could zone/ could pressure character. Pretty balanced. Aquaman can time a Trident projectile to hit your feet to trade and he has his shield (which I don't ever see players using).
Couldn't agree more, my general playstyle with GL is a more defensive one, just focus on dictating the combat distance, you normally don't want to end up in your opponents face. This works exceptionally well against Aquaman. Go for whiff punishes or block punishes, so some quick combos then back off and wait for your next chance. No point in trying to keep preasure high, or better no ned to do so. It's nice to pull of a 40% combo in the training room, but in a real match, there are better options if you are not a godlike precicion machine :)

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Couldn't agree more, my general playstyle with GL is a more defensive one, just focus on dictating the combat distance, you normally don't want to end up in your opponents face. This works exceptionally well against Aquaman. Go for whiff punishes or block punishes, so some quick combos then back off and wait for your next chance. No point in trying to keep preasure high, or better no ned to do so. It's nice to pull of a 40% combo in the training room, but in a real match, there are better options if you are not a godlike precicion machine :)
I was a UMVC3 player before Injustice came out so first thing I do is try to learn the most damaging combos possible. I played MK9 but not at the level I hope to with Injustice. I'll keep all this stuff in mind though to make you GL corp members proud!

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I am not a GL player, I actually play Bane but there is one rather weird thing i noticed about the match up that might help your chart.

Bane gets armor and projectile immunity on charge at 3 venom stacks. This basically shuts down most of your options to stop Bane from getting in, right?

All but one actually. The bullets from the Gatling gun DO NOT count as projectiles in this case even tho i thought they would. I will do more testing on this but that's my finding so far.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
It's the same thing with Doomsday...MB Machine Gun stops him in place and lasts long enough to end his trait.

I disagree. I don't see either having an advantage.

Sinestro blows you up for trying to do stuff and being impatioent, but if you just carefully advance forward he loses literally all his options.
Considering the amount of chip damage you have to endure getting in and it only takes one mistake to be sent fullscreen again, I think GL having a 40% chance of winning is accurate.

Just because it's 4-6 doesn't mean Sinestro dominates him, GL can certainly win. Sinestro has a better chance of winning (60%) because of GL's weakness to zoning. Especially when Sinestro has meter and his trait. That's ALOT of chip.

Several of the matches we played came down to one hit each, couldn't even block. Out of 15 matches I won 1. So, I do need more Sinestro MU experience and I hope Pig Of The Hut could help me with that. But looking at tool vs tool, at this point in the game, Sinestro has the advantage.

BUT, just like I said in the original post it's all subject to change once tech or strategy has been found to change it to even or otherwise.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Considering the amount of chip damage you have to endure getting in and it only takes one mistake to be sent fullscreen again, I think GL having a 40% chance of winning is accurate.

Just because it's 4-6 doesn't mean Sinestro dominates him, GL can certainly win. Sinestro has a better chance of winning (60%) because of GL's weakness to zoning. Especially when Sinestro has meter and his trait. That's ALOT of chip.

Several of the matches we played came down to one hit each, couldn't even block. Out of 15 matches I won 1. So, I do need more Sinestro MU experience and I hope Pig Of The Hut could help me with that. But looking at tool vs tool, at this point in the game, Sinestro has the advantage.

BUT, just like I said in the original post it's all subject to change once tech or strategy has been found to change it to even or otherwise.

I feel this MU is very 4-6

Happy to play as many lanterns as possible

Tortonon

YOLO is power
I agree on the 4-6 against Sinestro... you need to be really careful, patient, and even so, you might still get lit up :/

Definitely not any better than that.

I need some help on Ares matches. What are we doing against him? I'm not too concerned about mu at the moment. Just dealing with him.
I don't have much experience against him. Only thing I know to do is watch out for teleport and his trait. That's another MU I need to really play.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
copied from that other thread:

Sinestro is all smoke and mirrors and can only give you problems if you are actively trying to advance on him or are trying to throw things back at him.

Just inch forward while waiting for him to do something, block it, and you get a free dash forward and then some.

Once you're at Lift range, he has literally not one safe option. It's kind of funny actually. All zoning tools (fireball, meteor, shackles) can all be punished by lift on block. Jumps get lifted on reaction and his quick advancing mid-hitting string is -9 on block, allowing for a d1 xx lift punish.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever

Sinestro is all smoke and mirrors and can only give you problems if you are actively trying to advance on him or are trying to throw things back at him.

Just inch forward while waiting for him to do something, block it, and you get a free dash forward and then some.

Once you're at Lift range, he has literally not one safe option. It's kind of funny actually. All zoning tools (fireball, meteor, shackles) can all be punished by lift on block. Jumps get lifted on reaction and his quick advancing mid-hitting string is -9 on block, allowing for a d1 xx lift punish.
12 lift will also punish it. and you can input the lift late as hell on that string.

Maybe we'll get it to 5-5. I just dont see it being a solid 6-4.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe we'll get it to 5-5. I just dont see it being a solid 6-4.

5-5 feels accurate to me. At least in theory it does. Pure patience and punishing should be able win the match.

I don't have much experience against him. Only thing I know to do is watch out for teleport and his trait. That's another MU I need to really play.
I'm pretty sure it's just online, but his teleport is so hard to punish. Just his mixups mess me up every time. 6 frame d1 that links right into his trait for easy damage, a decent overhead that also leads to easy damage, and the fact that all his normals and strings (minus d2 and d3) are safe on block. Let me know if we find any good tech vs. him.

rzn

Noob
Have played a Batman today who was abusing crossups like a madman. He was literally jumping all over me with crossups and I couldn't do anything. What can be done in such a situation?
If I try to do lift it either whiffs because he's already above me or it gets stuffed at startup because I'm too slow.
Doing d2 didn't help either because it whiffs.
Using b1/2 to escape didn't help - he instantly jumped to pursue me, and I had to block that jump-in because of the recovery of my b1 and here we go again.

While writing this a possible solution has come to my mind - use pushblock. That could save me from that ridiculous pressure. But maybe there's something else?

Have played a Batman today who was abusing crossups like a madman. He was literally jumping all over me with crossups and I couldn't do anything. What can be done in such a situation?
If I try to do lift it either whiffs because he's already above me or it gets stuffed at startup because I'm too slow.
Doing d2 didn't help either because it whiffs.
Using b1/2 to escape didn't help - he instantly jumped to pursue me, and I had to block that jump-in because of the recovery of my b1 and here we go again.

While writing this a possible solution has come to my mind - use pushblock. That could save me from that ridiculous pressure. But maybe there's something else?
Block then dash away from him.

Mosp

Noob
I'm pretty sure it's just online, but his teleport is so hard to punish. Just his mixups mess me up every time. 6 frame d1 that links right into his trait for easy damage, a decent overhead that also leads to easy damage, and the fact that all his normals and strings (minus d2 and d3) are safe on block. Let me know if we find any good tech vs. him.
Ares lacks good anti-airs and GL's j3 is just godlike in this matchup so abuse it when you can. He also lacks a good wakeup game, most of his wakeups don't have much invincibility at all, and GL has really good pressure once he knocks you down with ending his combos in that splat so once you're in stay in. Chances are the Ares player will just try and zone in this matchup because GL has a much better chance at winning when he's in close.

This is obviously from an Ares player perspective but I think GL does just fine in this matchup and can actually give Ares a hard time with all the tools he has up close.