What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Man, have you seen everything else in this game??? Lmao.
lol I have, but I still think the slide is the most stand-out broken move.

I can totally see myself getting salty for the first time ever about this move because it's completely brainless. You can literally YOLO slide all day and there is no legitimate way to discourage it's abuse. If someone finds one, please let me know.

You can't out maneuver it because of it's speed and range, and if you block it, you get put into brutal guessing games that are way in her favor. I love the "you can just throw her" people. lmao, get real.

The only tech that has been presented against it is to meter burn b3 /f3 on anticipation while in slide range, that is in no way legit tech against the slide.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
lol I have, but I still think the slide is the most stand-out broken move.

I can totally see myself getting salty for the first time ever about this move because it's completely brainless. You can literally YOLO slide all day and there is no legitimate way to discourage it's abuse. If someone finds one, please let me know.

You can't out maneuver it because of it's speed and range, and if you block it, you get put into brutal guessing games that are way in her favor. I love the "you can just throw her" people. lmao, get real.

The only tech that has been presented against it is to meter burn b3 /f3 on anticipation while in slide range, that is in no way legit tech against the slide.
Yeah, b3/f3 MB on reaction in slide range is a wasted effort imo. To me, the better use of f3 or f3 MB more specifically is after blocking a slide if you think the KF player is going to be pushing buttons and not blocking. Starting block pressure or working on some sort of jump setup to try and beat it a another route. Throw is an option, I am not sure why you are discounting it...but it is just an option not THE option.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
If this is just pure discussion....

I honestly think its 4-6 in the deathstroke matchup based on my own experiences. Definitely winnable but Lantern has to work for it far more. IAGS and his slow walk speed mixed with a super floaty jump means you have to play super patient.

He definitely rapes hawkgirl tho.

Black Adam I would peg at a 5-5 at the moment. Could very well change tho. I know my sets with Grunty were hella close everytime with these two.

Raven gives GL problems. I haven't played it enough to give it a true matchup rating but it seems hard for Lantern fullscreen. Upclose he out footsies the shit out of her tho. Demon stance truly changes the matchup.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yeah, b3/f3 MB on reaction in slide range is a wasted effort imo. To me, the better use of f3 or f3 MB more specifically is after blocking a slide if you think the KF player is going to be pushing buttons and not blocking. Starting block pressure or working on some sort of jump setup to try and beat it a another route. Throw is an option, I am not sure why you are discounting it...but it is just an option not THE option.
Man, those options are all based off the guessing game that's in her favor. I ran some matches against a KF last night and after I blocked a slide, most times she would do MB f3 stuffing any attempt to throw or put her in block pressure, forcing me to continue blocking after slide. I guess maybe I could jump over it but that seems risky too.

I could answer with my own MB b3 but that's mad shitty to have to do; burning precious meter after blocking a slide for something that isn't guaranteed to be blocked, let alone connect. KF controls everything about the match and gets to do whatever she wants at all times because YOLO SLIDE DAWG

Regarding DS, Raven, and other match ups versus dedicated zoners:
I don't find them very hard any more. Once you've internalized the general rules of navigating zoning as well as some character specific stuff advancing on them is pretty easy. It's true that GL has no options from full screen but think about this... the only damage a full screen zoner can do at full screen is damage you give away by being impatient or making bad decisions.

Cyborg might be another matter, but we'll see.

RiBBz22

Man, those options are all based off the guessing game that's in her favor. I ran some matches against a KF last night and after I blocked a slide, most times she would do MB f3 stuffing any attempt to throw or put her in block pressure, forcing me to continue blocking after slide. I guess maybe I could jump over it but that seems risky too.

I could answer with my own MB b3 but that's mad shitty to have to do; burning precious meter after blocking a slide for something that isn't guaranteed to be blocked, let alone connect. KF controls everything about the match and gets to do whatever she wants at all times because YOLO SLIDE DAWG

Regarding DS, Raven, and other match ups versus dedicated zoners:
I don't find them very hard any more. Once you've internalized the general rules of navigating zoning as well as some character specific stuff advancing on them is pretty easy. It's true that GL has no options from full screen but think about this... the only damage a full screen zoner can do at full screen is damage you give away by being impatient or making bad decisions.

Cyborg might be another matter, but we'll see.
I hear you it is definitely a guessing game in her favor. However, if she is -4 on block and throwing out MB F3's I would honestly just jump out and shoot an air rocket.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Ok, I submit a challenge to the GL forum. Take KF into training and record her sliding repeatedly and see what (if anything) can be done to stop that shit.

EDIT: oh, and also record her doing the slide and on block going immediately into MB f3. see what can be done about that.

RiBBz22

Ok, I submit a challenge to the GL forum. Take KF into training and record her sliding repeatedly and see what (if anything) can be done to stop that shit.

EDIT: oh, and also record her doing the slide and on block going immediately into MB f3. see what can be done about that.
How fast does lift come out? Can you d1 cancel into lift to break armor and get a punish off? Can you jump back into a air rocket for the F3 MB situation? I am not at home right now to test I am just talking out loud.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, here's what I came up with. There's two scenarios you can take.

I forgot a while ago Paulo stated that MB bounce moves only get armor after 8 frames. Which means d1 and 1 are reliably fast enough to get this window consistently and stuff the attempt completely.

If KF does that specific sequence, 123, done a little later completely blows through the armor, and you get a combo punish. She has the option to parry there, but you can b1 and that avoids the parry completely. Also, if she does MB f3 and you do MB b3, your option wins outright, and you can MB backdash, too, since her range on her bounce moves are poor.

So post slide on block, she is forced to attempt to MB bounce, MB parry, wait for b13 and MB parry or block. All of which have definitive answers, and she's forced to spend a bar to get any serious mileage if she's not blocking

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I forgot a while ago Paulo stated that MB bounce moves only get armor after 8 frames.
Really? Huh. That changes things quite a bit...

is doing 123 after a blocked slide a good idea though? the 1 is a high and she'll most likely be crouching (if not going for mb f3)

RiBBz22

Really? Huh. That changes things quite a bit...

is doing 123 after a blocked slide a good idea though? the 1 is a high and she'll most likely be crouching (if not going for mb f3)
123 starting and ending with a high scares the hell out of me (I main Frost but have been playing GL a little lately and am trying to get better). Personally, I do crouch a lot after a blocked slide to play the counter poke game, and if I do choose to stand up I will be either looking to parry or just take the block pressure and look for holes. Since 123 ends with a high hit I think it is kind of risky because I would most likely attempt to duck the last hit and punish.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, that's the general problem with 123, but it's there if you think the MB f3 is coming and you want to make her waste a bar.

Otherwise, just d1, b1, or backdash. Eventually, you can start mixing in f3s if you catch the KF player wanting to block more. Also, since both charcters have a 7f, 0 on block d1, d1 after a blocked slide is your best option, since it stuffs the MB bounce attempts, and must be parried for a serious reprecussion.

I still don't think this matchup is that bad. Slide is busted, but when you consider that that's probably the only move GL truthfully has to fear, it's not too terrible. Plus, parries into vortex take 2 bars. She's super meter-dependent in comparison to GL, so her options close up the more she empties her bar.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Another interesting thing to note is that it seems that KF's slide on whiff behaves the same as Shazam's psycho crusher on block.

That is to say, they have set active frames and distance they travel without opponent interaction. BUT, if you block psycho crusher in the middle of it's animation or at the very tip, what happens on block is the same: he travels a little bit further behind you and is -12.

It seems that if KF goes under a jump, the active frames and distance will be cut short and a stock ending animation begins as soon as she crosses under, regardless of where she was in the move. If this can be verified than it can probably be leveraged to get consistent back jump punishes.

RiBBz22

Yeah, that's the general problem with 123, but it's there if you think the MB f3 is coming and you want to make her waste a bar.

Otherwise, just d1, b1, or backdash. Eventually, you can start mixing in f3s if you catch the KF player wanting to block more. Also, since both charcters have a 7f, 0 on block d1, d1 after a blocked slide is your best option, since it stuffs the MB bounce attempts, and must be parried for a serious reprecussion.

I still don't think this matchup is that bad. Slide is busted, but when you consider that that's probably the only move GL truthfully has to fear, it's not too terrible. Plus, parries into vortex take 2 bars. She's super meter-dependent in comparison to GL, so her options close up the more she empties her bar.
Yeah she is def hella meter dependant for big damage, but she still has some good setups if you don't want to burn through all of the meter. Dem daggers build hella meter though it is ridiculous.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
How do you deal with Doomsday's supernova? I can sometimes dash away from it but the timing is weird I feel like every time I am getting out is due to luck. I try to B3 MB out of it but sometimes he lands right behind me.

How do you deal with Doomsday's supernova? I can sometimes dash away from it but the timing is weird I feel like every time I am getting out is due to luck. I try to B3 MB out of it but sometimes he lands right behind me.
You have to delay to B3 MB a little and hold it until Doomsday lands. That way while GL is leaning back for the B3 Doomsday will land in front of him and completely open to a full combo punish.

Doing this once, sometimes twice, in a match will show the Doomsday player they shouldn't rely on a MB Supernova for easy damage or getting in to pressure GL.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I usually dash towards him when he does Supernova and punish with either B13 or LMs depending on the distance.
Yeah I try to do this but I can't consistently dodge it. Even if I know it's coming I still end up getting hit by it like 75% of the time I try to dash forward

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
I havent played to much around with GL yet, but i think he will be one of the 2-3-4 characters im gonna play.

exactly as KT Smith said. disadvantage against full screen chars, and advantage against many others.
against someone like Bane i could see 7-3 GL advance (but i have fairly limited Bane knowledge), Doomsday maybe 6-4 GL adv.
against Batman i think GL will have the advantage aswell.
But im no MU expert at all ^^

This is what I'm leaning towards;
Batman (5-5)
Harley (5-5 or 6-4)
Grundy (7-3) could be worse for Grundy
Raven (5-5 or 4-6)
Edited: Catwoman (6-4) could be worse for Catwoman

This is the MUs I have experience in but either not alot of, or not against someone that knows how to fight against GL. So this is all up for debate.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
This is what I'm leaning towards;
Batman (5-5)
Harley (5-5 or 6-4)
Grundy (7-3) could be worse for Grundy
Raven (5-5 or 4-6)

This is the MUs I have experience in but either not alot of, or not against someone that knows how to fight against GL. So this is all up for debate.
How do you feel about his MU with Aquaman? I've fought a couple good ones and I haven't been able to get my offense really going yet. I believed someone mentioned all you gotta do is air OR and he can't do much but haven't fought one since learning that. And air-to-air felt in Aquaman's favor.

How do you feel about his MU with Aquaman? I've fought a couple good ones and I haven't been able to get my offense really going yet. I believed someone mentioned all you gotta do is air OR and he can't do much but haven't fought one since learning that. And air-to-air felt in Aquaman's favor.
Don't rush Aquaman.

Don't really rush anybody actually. GL is more of a spacing, whiff punishing, could zone/ could pressure character. Pretty balanced. Aquaman can time a Trident projectile to hit your feet to trade and he has his shield (which I don't ever see players using).

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Don't rush Aquaman.

Don't really rush anybody actually. GL is more of a spacing, whiff punishing, could zone/ could pressure character. Pretty balanced. Aquaman can time a Trident projectile to hit your feet to trade and he has his shield (which I don't ever see players using).
I'm more so a Batman main than a GL one, so I tend to rush in most of the time lol I'll keep that in mind though thanks. Do you have any advice on facing Catwoman then? I hate when she's pressuring me and when she's half-screen or so away she has that Cat Dash MB move for free punishes.

I'm more so a Batman main than a GL one, so I tend to rush in most of the time lol I'll keep that in mind though thanks. Do you have any advice on facing Catwoman then? I hate when she's pressuring me and when she's half-screen or so away she has that Cat Dash MB move for free punishes.
Zone her. Not much she can do.

Edited: If she has meter she can get in on you. So be careful.