What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sektor Post Patch Hidden Sektor Nerf

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys, just got back in to see if Sektor had any stealth nerfs and I found this immediately. We looked for so long to find post patch missile setups and from my earlier tech thread you'll remember I found a way to guarantee UM's on knockdown that lead to armour breaking and a 50/50 if you committed. This was all at the cost of a bar to MB your B12+4 mid combo.

Unfortunately, the hitstun has been adjusted without being listed in the change log. The opponent now gets up way faster which makes the whole setup impossible. Back to the drawing board it seems. I'm going to be honest, I'm sad about this one. It cost a bar and was unsafe it you went for the 50/50's you compromised a lot of damage for that knockdown for the bar usage. But it is what it is. We fly for hypespotting tomorrow which leaves us no time to actually explore the changes Triborg received.

Attachments

InFlames

dead
You're still able to break some armor moves by doing up missile as soon as you meterburn but not with his 50/50s. This shouldn't have been nerfed.

ryublaze

Noob
@PND_Ketchup The setup still works I'm able to break Kung Lao's EX Spin with s1 and f1 so he still gets a 50/50 except they can armor out of his overhead. I heard it was more of a fix than a nerf because it was causing them to be knocked down longer than usual.

Another stealth change is that f212 backdash at the lowest height doesn't leave them close enough to guarantee a f1 anymore. Not that big of a deal though because it was kind of hard to do anyways.

Reactions: GAV

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
@PND_Ketchup The setup still works I'm able to break Kung Lao's EX Spin with s1 and f1 so he still gets a 50/50 except they can armor out of his overhead. I heard it was more of a fix than a nerf because it was causing them to be knocked down longer than usual.

Another stealth change is that f212 backdash at the lowest height doesn't leave them close enough to guarantee a f1 anymore. Not that big of a deal though because it was kind of hard to do anyways.
The setup doesn't really work anywhere near the way it used to work.

You barely have time to get the standing 1 or f1 out. The variety the setup used to give is completely gone. Not hugely sure why you'd spend the bar on this now apart from a super situation jail situation.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace

Why would you even do this? ._. That wasn't even worth mentioning breh

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
good job nrs, good job, killing honest characters and giving more tools to the bs ones
Please don't tell me you think this killed Sektor. Besides this stealth nerf he wasn't even scratched in the patch (he might have been in the XL patch but the hit advantage on up missiles was unnecessarily high).

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Please don't tell me you think this killed Sektor. Besides this stealth nerf he wasn't even scratched in the patch (he might have been in the XL patch but the hit advantage on up missiles was unnecessarily high).
?? wasn't even scratched in the patch?? he is also triborg right? last time i checked most of his normals got nerfed in this latest patch too, paired up with this one. not to mention the up missile nerf too. add that to the fact that sektor doesn't really have some dirty mixup / setup game to begin with, he was pretty honest and most unsafe compared to the other 3, and for him to get hit this hard, i don't understand why you don't understand haha

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

Here's a new setup that breaks Kung Lao's EX Spin's armor. I'm gonna say right now, it's hard to do consistently, but it's something at least. The only ones that it doesn't really work on are Reptile's Slide and Goro's Punchwalk is an obvious nope.
How dare you!

DDutchguy

?? wasn't even scratched in the patch?? he is also triborg right? last time i checked most of his normals got nerfed in this latest patch too, paired up with this one. not to mention the up missile nerf too. add that to the fact that sektor doesn't really have some dirty mixup / setup game to begin with, he was pretty honest and most unsafe compared to the other 3, and for him to get hit this hard, i don't understand why you don't understand haha
The universal Triborg changes were changes to the hit advantage on a lot of strings, which Sektor shouldn't suffer too much from since he doesn't need it that much to connect combos (Cyber Sub can no longer hit F13~Iceball as a result of slower iceball and the hit advantage changes). It doesn't seem like less hit advantage on strings like 111 or 21 matters much to Sektor.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
The universal Triborg changes were changes to the hit advantage on a lot of strings, which Sektor shouldn't suffer too much from since he doesn't need it that much to connect combos (Cyber Sub can no longer hit F13~Iceball as a result of slower iceball and the hit advantage changes). It doesn't seem like less hit advantage on strings like 111 or 21 matters much to Sektor.
Actually it makes a huge difference especially on his corner game. If i hit you with those and cancel into up missiles then I have less advantage making it easier for you to escape the missiles

DDutchguy

Actually it makes a huge difference especially on his corner game. If i hit you with those and cancel into up missiles then I have less advantage making it easier for you to escape the missiles
Ending combos in 213 may help with that. I believe it has 25 hit advantage which is close to a lot of the pre-patch hit advantages.

Can't deny that it hurts his corner game a bit. In any case Sektor should probably still be fine.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Sektor is sooo honest now. he had one piece of dirt that didnt break him in anyway. and if anyone even knew about the setup then all they had to do was stay down.
Get nut punched fucker. Looks like I'm stuck with Cassie now. You were still making setups work well last night anyways.