What's new

Video/Tutorial - Sektor Post Patch Hidden Sektor Nerf

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
R.I.P Sektor.

I might actually learn A-list but if I don't I'm just gonna quit this game and go back to KI3! Maybe Tekken7.

Kyloth

The cyber initiative lives on!
R.I.P Sektor.

I might actually learn A-list but if I don't I'm just gonna quit this game and go back to KI3! Maybe Tekken7.
Well Sektor is not dead, he is just honest character now and he still has his neutral game. He barely got scratched, but generally the nerfs that he received because of the other variations break his setups as well.

However, the character is not all about these setups and this setup in general was only if you really really wish to commit to it. I personally would rather take the 36% guaranteed damage out of the b1,2+4 EX and reset to full screen ending with air cyber charge which will give me enough time to land full screen up rocket into straight one. I think this is overall better. But it was nice to know that you have armor breaker setup for people that abuse wakeup armor.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Well Sektor is not dead, he is just honest character now and he still has his neutral game. He barely got scratched, but generally the nerfs that he received because of the other variations break his setups as well.

However, the character is not all about these setups and this setup in general was only if you really really wish to commit to it. I personally would rather take the 36% guaranteed damage out of the b1,2+4 EX and reset to full screen ending with air cyber charge which will give me enough time to land full screen up rocket into straight one. I think this is overall better. But it was nice to know that you have armor breaker setup for people that abuse wakeup armor.
Lol you might think he's fine but fight a high level A-list and let me know how it went keeping him out of your face.

Kyloth

Lol you might think he's fine but fight a high level A-list and let me know how it went keeping him out of your face.
Yeah, I actually do please against mediocre A-list friend of mine, since I have no friends that are actually Johnny Cage gods and I can say that it is tough matchup and indeed once Johnny comes close it is really hard to do anything about it.

However it is not that this is related in anyway to the armor breaking nerf. In general Johnny cage as well as all other heavy rush down characters such as Jax have it good against Sektor upclose. Still this does not make the character dead and again if you play it out smart you can pull out wins against these characters.

Sektor DMG is nice his combos are good he has good neutral and you can convert pretty much any 50/50 attempt safe with EX straight missile.

This nerf would not make the matchup that much easier to be honest. How often you want to stay upclose and try to break eventual armor attempt on nutcracker at a cost of a bar. I would again rather use it on making something safe into EX straight rocket were I can reset the distance and try to play it neutral and not let them come close. Correct me if I am wrong.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

Well the bots neutral is kinda ass. Good reach on stuff on highs but no decent mids to play the game. Just low poke or bully him with mids. Since his d3 got less hit adv your not gunna be pressuring too much cause you can only do high moves afterwords

Kyloth

Well the bots neutral is kinda ass. Good reach on stuff on highs but no decent mids to play the game. Just low poke or bully him with mids. Since his d3 got less hit adv your not gunna be pressuring too much cause you can only do high moves afterwords
What about f2,1,2,b,b this is all mid string and pushes you far back. It's not that you do not have that string. Indeed robots have many high hits, but that variation specific string is fucking amazing and I have to say that sektor has it best from all other variations speak of mids.

Also your highs can be used to challenge and punish whiffs at the right distance. Yet again, you wish to apply pressure with Sektor rather play it neutral and play footsies which is the exact idea of the character.

Sektor is not a rush down character so you will not apply any pressure with it like it or not. If this is what you need you should rather pick Johnny Cage then.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
What about f2,1,2,b,b this is all mid string and pushes you far back. It's not that you do not have that string. Indeed robots have many high hits, but that variation specific string is fucking amazing and I have to say that sektor has it best from all other variations speak of mids.

Also your highs can be used to challenge and punish whiffs at the right distance. Yet again, you wish to apply pressure with Sektor rather play it neutral and play footsies which is the exact idea of the character.

Sektor is not a rush down character so you will not apply any pressure with it like it or not. If this is what you need you should rather pick Johnny Cage then.
He's not and i dont rush down but i cant keep anyone from pushing buttons cause of highs and easily low profiling mids. Kano can do what sektor does but better and safer and has mids to compensate. Maybe doesnt have up rockets but at almost 60 frame start up you can only really do that once a match.
Anyone with a good poke(almost anyone now) can jus go under sektor. And it doesnt help that hit adv went down so playing nuetral and and getting very little to capitalize on hits.

Kyloth

He's not and i dont rush down but i cant keep anyone from pushing buttons cause of highs and easily low profiling mids. Kano can do what sektor does but better and safer and has mids to compensate. Maybe doesnt have up rockets but at almost 60 frame start up you can only really do that once a match.
Anyone with a good poke(almost anyone now) can jus go under sektor. And it doesnt help that hit adv went down so playing nuetral and and getting very little to capitalize on hits.
Yeah, I understand what you mean now. d1 can be low profiled and that's true. d3 has less hit advantage, but still enough to follow up with f2,1,2,b,b after that. So in your video you can clearly see for yourself that d3 is winning.

So once you land d3 you are guaranteed to have f,2,1,2,b,b unless armor in which case you can simply bait it out the next time since you are enough on plus. Everyone that has basic understanding of the game and played Sektor at least once in his life against character with good poke can relate that d1 is losing to any other poke as it is being low profiled. This is why you will use d3 more often it has better range and it is not that much slower at start up. :)

What's more, I've played Kano a lot before I quit the game 6 months ago and yes I can relate to what you are saying. Still, as I character loyalist I've came back to play sektor and regardless of the current character state I will still play him. I am so far enjoying Sektor and I am not gonna quit because NRS caught him in the cleave nerfing the other Triborg variations. :)

There is always a way, if you wish to achieve something you will find the right way and adjust to the changes. ;)

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Ending combos in 213 may help with that. I believe it has 25 hit advantage which is close to a lot of the pre-patch hit advantages.

Can't deny that it hurts his corner game a bit. In any case Sektor should probably still be fine.
213. Lol. Lemme know how many times you hit people with that

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Yeah, I actually do please against mediocre A-list friend of mine, since I have no friends that are actually Johnny Cage gods and I can say that it is tough matchup and indeed once Johnny comes close it is really hard to do anything about it.

However it is not that this is related in anyway to the armor breaking nerf. In general Johnny cage as well as all other heavy rush down characters such as Jax have it good against Sektor upclose. Still this does not make the character dead and again if you play it out smart you can pull out wins against these characters.

Sektor DMG is nice his combos are good he has good neutral and you can convert pretty much any 50/50 attempt safe with EX straight missile.

This nerf would not make the matchup that much easier to be honest. How often you want to stay upclose and try to break eventual armor attempt on nutcracker at a cost of a bar. I would again rather use it on making something safe into EX straight rocket were I can reset the distance and try to play it neutral and not let them come close. Correct me if I am wrong.
You missed my point. And it was that A-list and heavy safe pressure chars gave him a hard time already but at least when Sektor touched them they had to hold that set up. Now they aren't gotta hold shit, and that weak ass 13frames armor move won't help much.
On top of it, it doesn't come out consistently, it randomly bugs out and u get nothing. Plus even if it does hit it doesn't launch for combos so u still fucked.

Like I said I'm done with this game, but not with the forum, it's fun at here. Maybe if I decide to comeback I'll try A-list. He is super OP and only keeps getting buffed.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Since the first patch to Sektor I decided to just zone with him and only fight up close when necessary, this change does not help the close set up game :( nice find though, I'm grateful they didn't touch his F212,bb at least. I hope they're done touching triborg.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
For those pf you who didn't see the armor breaking set-up i posted in the general discussion, this works post-patch. It doesn't work against tech roll, only works in the corner.

Sektor also had his air dash, ex air dash and -- from what I heard -- ex rocket nerfed. They are more unsafe now. What a ****ing joke. As I've said before, NRS are not interested in balancing the game. What they do is release overpowered DLC to sell as much as possible and then quickly nerf the DLC to hell to silence the complaints.

There was absolutely no reason to nerf his air dash, and his ex rocket was already freaking unsafe. If people had bothered to explore him they would have known that you can duck the last hit without blocking and punish Sektor before he recovers.

They could release Sektor as low tier and I would be happy. It doesn't matter what tier he's in. What matters is that they don't balance the game poorly on purpose, which they obviously do. They release overpowered DLC and apply nerfs not for balance purposes, but to appease lazy casuals. I just can't accept that dishonesty anymore.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Sektor also had his air dash, ex air dash and -- from what I heard -- ex rocket nerfed. They are more unsafe now. What a ****ing joke. As I've said before, NRS are not interested in balancing the game. What they do is release overpowered DLC to sell as much as possible and then quickly nerf the DLC to hell to silence the complaints.

There was absolutely no reason to nerf his air dash, and his ex rocket was already freaking unsafe. If people had bothered to explore him they would have known that you can duck the last hit without blocking and punish Sektor before he recovers.

They could release Sektor as low tier and I would be happy. It doesn't matter what tier he's in. What matters is that they don't balance the game poorly on purpose, which they obviously do. They release overpowered DLC and apply nerfs not for balance purposes, but to appease lazy casuals. I just can't accept that dishonesty anymore.
Provide legit proof that those moves were nerfed, then we'll talk. There have been many many times where people on TYM say 'X has been nerfed' when it turns out nothing actually changed.

Provide legit proof that those moves were nerfed, then we'll talk. There have been many many times where people on TYM say 'X has been nerfed' when it turns out nothing actually changed.
See for yourself. Frame data has changed. Regular air dash is now -18 and ex is now -8. If I recall correctly they used to be -13 and -3 respectively. If I'm wrong and frame data was always like that, I apologise for the misinformation -- but I am pretty sure in the case of ex that it indeed used to be -3.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
See for yourself. Frame data has changed. Regular air dash is now -18 and ex is now -8. If I recall correctly they used to be -13 and -3 respectively. If I'm wrong and frame data was always like that, I apologise for the misinformation -- but I am pretty sure in the case of ex that it indeed used to be -3.
Perhaps this could've just been frame data adjustments, in the sense that the moves were always -8 and -18 respectively, but the frame data previously listed them as -3 and -13. I feel like a change like this would've been in the patch notes had it been any other way.

I also have to say that I don't like the 'evil corporation' angle that some people on the site bring up to justify them being mad at the balancing team. Going from pure logic, let's say that NRS was this evil corporation only interested in money. IF this was the case, why would they even bother nerfing the characters? If a character is OP and stays OP, won't that make people more inclined to buy them because buying the DLC gives them a better chance to win? They could just ignore complaints and not nerf the characters and be happy about getting their money.

You can say whatever you want about NRS, but it doesn't make sense for them to even balance the characters if all they want to do is make money.

I never suggested they are an evil corporation. I just think they they have a myopic view on how they make the game as successful as possible. It's obvious by now that they release DLC characters very strong and them bring them down (in some cases way too much) with a patch.

I thought about that possibility for the frames as well, but I think it is more likely that the frame data doesn't lie here and never did. Did anyone ever test ex if ex dash could be punished by moves such as Reptile's dash, ex slide and so on?

It's not ridiculous to suppose that altered frame data means altered move. I suppose you have tested this thoroughly both pre and post patch, or are you just a hypocrite?

Make sure to test before making such ridiculous claims. Get a time machine if necessary.

Also, the fact that you use "you're bad" as a generic insult towards people makes you look petty to say the least. In a sense I feel sorry for you.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Make sure to test before making such ridiculous claims. Get a time machine if necessary.

Also, the fact that you use "you're bad" as a generic insult towards people makes you look petty to say the least. In a sense I feel sorry for you.
I've had the game since before it came out.

I use you're bad, because you're bad. There's no insult there it's just your level of skill in the game. You guys need to stop the downplaying like right now lol. Also, the air dash is safer the farther you are. But you wouldn't know that.