What's new

Strategy - Dragons Fire Post Patch FBRC Data

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Can you get f2/f4 to jail? And the second hit or 3rd of b34?
I'm fairly certain he wants both hits to to be +10 since that's how they were prepatch.

@A F0xy Grampa Reo should still play him, he's still a still a top tier character after the patch and is the closest thing to Kabal in the game lol.

Last edited:

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I'm fairly certain he wants both hits to to be +10 since that's how they were prepatch.

@A F0xy Grampa Reo should still play him, he's still a still a top tier character after the patch and is the closest thing to Kabal in the game lol.
I think he's saying that they are that way now is he not?

JDM

Noob
i took your suggestion and ended up back in the liu kang forum.
maybe thats because hes the only character in the game that has a loop with the same 3 hit mid starter blockstring repped 3 times in row, thats only cost is stamina.

i dont see a problem with me posting i thought they'd be out of the game with this patch,
all other blockstrings that could be looped were going and they changed the data on his fbc so i was disappointed to find out that the loop still jails,
so relax yourself
lol jeez he overreacted. People are so defensive of their characters on tym lolol

Lone

KHAOTIC
How did I overreact? I'm just tired of this drivel, especially from the same few posters routinely dropping in. But it is the way of message boards, people will always have some sort of issue with how a character is so I'm just going to stop replying to all of this and play.

No more of this back and forth stuff, back to lurking.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
d2 on reaction to it whiffing? No way am I buying that. It's a high but on whiff recovers very fast and very few characters can punish on whiff.
I don't think you understand. Say you've got a Liu Kang that thinks that Dragon Kick is just the best wake-up in the world. You knock him down. You neutral duck. He Dragon Kicks. As he passes over you, you D2.
d2 on reaction to it whiffing? No way am I buying that. It's a high but on whiff recovers very fast and very few characters can punish on whiff.
It's easier to just show you, I guess.

http://plays.tv/video/55eae90362ee428ff4

I'm sure depending on the character your opponent is using, that they can get even more damage off of this.

How did I overreact? I'm just tired of this drivel, especially from the same few posters routinely dropping in. But it is the way of message boards, people will always have some sort of issue with how a character is so I'm just going to stop replying to all of this and play.

No more of this back and forth stuff, back to lurking.
This 100%!!! The same people are consistently trying to get this character nerfed after he has been nerfed countless times. I am so sick of it!

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
This 100%!!! The same people are consistently trying to get this character nerfed after he has been nerfed countless times. I am so sick of it!
Even i am frustrated by all this random Liu Kang haters showing up on these threads and still complaining about his pressure, when it is very easy to deal now. Even some of them are trying to pretend that they are Liu Kang players but all there contribution to this community in previous patches was just ranting on stuffs like MB dragon kick being +14, Dash cancels, run cancels, loops, bicycle kick overhead being +2 which attracts some idiots to convert the whole thread into a whining, moaning, bitching and nerf demanding threads all the time and guess what DF Liu Kang was always shot in the balls by NRS in all those previous patches, whats next guys d3 being +1 and mb dragon kick being +2. Dont stop untill you all get the success of removing LK from the roster.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I don't think you understand. Say you've got a Liu Kang that thinks that Dragon Kick is just the best wake-up in the world. You knock him down. You neutral duck. He Dragon Kicks. As he passes over you, you D2.

It's easier to just show you, I guess.

http://plays.tv/video/55eae90362ee428ff4

I'm sure depending on the character your opponent is using, that they can get even more damage off of this.
Oh right you mean on wake up. Yeah on a read for that it can get beaten, but at least he has some options. But I mean when you're being pressured, usually if flying kick whiffs its because they were doing a low poke or something so you'll be safe.

Even i am frustrated by all this random Liu Kang haters showing up on these threads and still complaining about his pressure, when it is very easy to deal now. Even some of them are trying to pretend that they are Liu Kang players but all there contribution to this community in previous patches was just ranting on stuffs like MB dragon kick being +14, Dash cancels, run cancels, loops, bicycle kick overhead being +2 which attracts some idiots to convert the whole thread into a whining, moaning, bitching and nerf demanding threads all the time and guess what DF Liu Kang was always shot in the balls by NRS in all those previous patches, whats next guys d3 being +1 and mb dragon kick being +2. Dont stop untill you all get the success of removing LK from the roster.
I won't call them idiots but I do find it to be overwhelming. I could sit here and go point by point debating but why? They won't be satisfied until he has no options.

Wigy

There it is...
To loop with F213 FBRC F213 FBRC F213 you need to input all of this with microscopical accuracy. If you fail even the slightest, you can be poked out of this pressure or be armor reversed.

This thing now requires some massive amout of skill in order to do it 10 out of 10 times in a row against AI in practice mode when you put Reversal On. Try it and tell me why it should be gone even now when today it requires your fingers to be broken a few times before you master it. And I'm talking about only practice mode, imagine to do it in a heat of battle with max preciseness. Most of the time you will get a gap and will be armor reversed. Or maybe it's just me being a bad player.

It is like the main weapon of Dragon's Fire and it shouldn't be gone entirely. As a Champion of Mortal Kombat he is allowed to take that cheap damage out of you.

Unlike other pressure characters, Liu Kang doesn't have cheap 50/50 combo starters.
No gripe with most of what you're saying but the microscopic accuracy bit is wrong, unless you reaaaally fuck up nobody can poke out and tbh when it comes down to it, people will have to make a risky read that you will fuck up to release block and armour out

No gripe with most of what you're saying but the microscopic accuracy bit is wrong, unless you reaaaally fuck up nobody can poke out and tbh when it comes down to it, people will have to make a risky read that you will fuck up to release block and armour out
I agree with this mostly. It is a big risk to try and poke out although not as big as it once was since f44 no longer jails and with the tight execution it is much tougher to hit confirm f21 into a combo and f213 can be hit confirmed in the corner though the combo execution is pretty tight.

My startegy with Liu now is not so much centered on his cancels as it used to be though. I'd probably go f213xx into something else rather than loop it.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
So PC finally updated. Yay for being a week behind. Canceling definitely feels different, but I know part of that is just rust. They did add the "Have to hold for 4 frames" thing to Liu's cancels, right? Seems they went a bit crazy on the changes there for a while, and I'm not sure where things ended up. Props to @Phosferrax and @xarakamaka for the frame data.

I'm just wondering if I should sit down and relearn all the muscle memory for this. You guys that have had this hotfix for a week, how do you feel about it?

So PC finally updated. Yay for being a week behind. Canceling definitely feels different, but I know part of that is just rust. They did add the "Have to hold for 4 frames" thing to Liu's cancels, right? Seems they went a bit crazy on the changes there for a while, and I'm not sure where things ended up. Props to @Phosferrax and @xarakamaka for the frame data.

I'm just wondering if I should sit down and relearn all the muscle memory for this. You guys that have had this hotfix for a week, how do you feel about it?
It is different but honestly it makes you a better player by forcing you to have better execution to be completely honest. Also this sort of execution leaves no room for error so you will always be able to do reps until you stamina is completely gone if you choose.

DF only feels slightly "less good". The biggest issue for me is the f44 chance but this can still be used as a mind game. Suddenly no one respects my cancels and I keep blowing them up for it.

your welcome. liu kang is still very good just less mixups.

@Phosferrax all the useful strings in OP are wrong. i got this.

f44 + 9
b34 + 10
112 + 11
44 +:11
f213 + 12
dont know about b12 or f12 havent tested since they're just negative. lol all frame data for fireball rcs post and pre patch threads are wrong ya let downs :D

Parasurama

Dragon
Hi. Which mixups?

f44 + 9
b34 + 10
112 + 11
f213 + 12
dont know about b12 or f12 havent tested since they're just negative. lol all frame data for fireball rcs post and pre patch threads are wrong ya let downs :D
Hey

f44 + 9
b34 + 10
112 + 11
f213 + 12

This defensive stuff I'm not buying. He's got a 6f jab that confirms into a combo, 13f armour to mash out that is nearly safe (plus with an extra bar), ex bick kick to armour out of string gaps, and a low profile poke.

Dualist has weaker defence, but ex flying kick in DF is a decent reversal. Why people are still using back fist as the go to I don't know when only a few characters can punish flying kick on block. Yes he has to use 2 bars to get the flying kick, but when you then put them into a position where they're jailed on block for several repetitions of F213, you build that bar back pretty quickly.

Pre-patch Quan Chi had bad defence. Liu Kang doesn't have bad defence; he doesn't have amazing defence but the options are there.

People who claim all this is theory fighting are also the kind that need to see other people doing this stuff instead of just thinking for themselves when the answers are right in front of them.
What's this here about a jab into full combo?
And to weigh in on this issue, nothing about this jailing is going to make it so that Liu Kang can compete with the usual top 5's dishonesty. Or rather, none of this will make it so he is no longer an honest character.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
And to weigh in on this issue, nothing about this jailing is going to make it so that Liu Kang can compete with the usual top 5's dishonesty. Or rather, none of this will make it so he is no longer an honest character.
He can compete fine with the top characters. He doesn't have bullshit but he has good loopable plus frames and good footsies and space control.

He has f12 fbrc which starts at 6 frames.

And to weigh in on this issue, nothing about this jailing is going to make it so that Liu Kang can compete with the usual top 5's dishonesty.
Sorry but got to disagree but where do u place Liu Kang in your opinion? And who do you class as the top 5?
He can compete fine with the top characters. He doesn't have bullshit but he has good loopable plus frames and good footsies and space control.

He has f12 fbrc which starts at 6 frames.
Liu kangs need to start hit confirming their f12s (obviously full stamina f12 fbrc and with no stamina should be f12 bk on hit or f12 fk mb /f123 on block)

XAlcarazX

"Death will reveal the truth"
liu is still a beast. now if in the future he gets a faster poke, 7 frames mayb? and 111 to not whiff on 90% of the cast he would be top tier imo.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Should've posted a while ago but F12 FBRC on block is neutral at worst. I could trade D2 with Cassie's flipkick.

IDK about the others just yet. The new cancel properties in conjunction with some strings will take some time to get used to.

Should've posted a while ago but F12 FBRC on block is neutral at worst. I could trade D2 with Cassie's flipkick.

IDK about the others just yet. The new cancel properties in conjunction with some strings will take some time to get used to.
Na it's not that hard to be fair and ppl shud be hit confirming f12 and not just keep throwing out f12fb cancel regardless