What's new

Post-patch Batman strats/tech

seakaybe

Noob
Guys been trying to find good counters for people mashing out of our frames when we meter burn straight batarangs. One thing i been looking at after mb batarang is walk slightly forward and do a raw b3 this catches people trying to poke right after mb batarang. ive tested it against aquaman arrow firestorm it blows all their poke attemps up. But some characters like supergirl can low profile the b3 but a f3 can catch her because it goes over her poke. What I'm trying to find is something to make people respect batman after a mb batarang and not just mash d1 all day once they start to not press buttons after mb batarang then we can dash up and pressure like we used to do
We should almost start all pressure with a cancel into bats then 112 straight batarang mb slight walk forward release bat f3? Especially if they're poking.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
We should almost start all pressure with a cancel into bats then 112 straight batarang mb slight walk forward release bat f3? Especially if they're poking.
But you dont even need a bat out to counter poke them with a b3 or f3 on certain characters after mb batarang thats the beauty of it

You can test it yourself just do a slight walk forward then a f3 after the mb batarang it will counter pokes it even says it there on the screen

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Guys been trying to find good counters for people mashing out of our frames when we meter burn straight batarangs. One thing i been looking at after mb batarang is walk slightly forward and do a raw b3 this catches people trying to poke right after mb batarang. ive tested it against aquaman arrow firestorm it blows all their poke attemps up. But some characters like supergirl can low profile the b3 but a f3 can catch her because it goes over her poke. What I'm trying to find is something to make people respect batman after a mb batarang and not just mash d1 all day once they start to not press buttons after mb batarang then we can dash up and pressure like we used to do
bats, bats will make people respect you and allow you to dash up

Jugghead

Noob
Ok I don't know if you guys know this...
But after a mb grapple 112uprang meterless connects on hit in the corner and guarantees a 113xxcallbats as it is plus 9. 113 call bats on block guarantees a b113 which you can make safe with the bat you called . Once they respect that you can stagger b1 to catch them sleeping or replace it with b23 all together which you get a f3 off of because you have a bat you just called. You can also hit them with b2 slide into full combo because you have a bat or b11 slide for full combo. Once they respect the six hit blockstring you could stagger 113 at 11 into b1 for a potential mixtape. Or after 113 call bats you can cross them over with j2.

Now here is the corner combos I use for my "lockdown" setups. The combos are long enough to regenerate a bat as long as you pause a bit and wait a bit before going into nj2 112 uprang. Do a true link from b23 into grapple then release 1 or 2 bats and it will connect. It won't work with three. Simply do it the conventional way to connect with three.

113callbats b113 b23xxgrapple release bat mb (delay) nj2 112 uprang. Rinse and repeat. 370 on competitive superman.

The reason I use b113 instead of 123 is because I'm mashing b11 to get the tightest frame trap possible.

If they block the overhead but b1 opens them up:

B113 123 b23xxgrapple release bat mb (delay) nj2 112 up bat meterless

In case you were going for b23 and the over head from 113 hits:

113callbats b23xx grapple release bats mb nj2 112 up rang

If b23 opens them up:

B23 rb walk slightly forward, f3 nj2 22 grapple nj2 112xxuprang

All these combos lead back into the 113 call bats b113 block string.

I use this a lot so I don't think ill feel the pain of the mb batarang nerf
I just though I'd mention that I have been getting some good traction out of some of this. Every corner reset I use the J2 112 DB2 after. I don't do the full reset each time because I like Batman's oki game and sometimes a throw is appropriate.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I just though I'd mention that I have been getting some good traction out of some of this. Every corner reset I use the J2 112 DB2 after. I don't do the full reset each time because I like Batman's oki game and sometimes a throw is appropriate.
Technically you can also go for a throw after that since you are +9

Jugghead

Noob
Technically you can also go for a throw after that since you are +9
Yeah I was getting at I don't do the 113xx4 B113 B23 4 DF1 MB reset each time. Instead sometimes I'll throw, or J2 into cross-up J2, or jump over and use the exploding interactables. Those things are the best.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Yeah I was getting at I don't do the 113xx4 B113 B23 4 DF1 MB reset each time. Instead sometimes I'll throw, or J2 into cross-up J2, or jump over and use the exploding interactables. Those things are the best.
Those corners in the Batcave and Atlantis are ridiculously good for Bats!

This ^

I have literally perfected this strategy and bro.... it's soooooo good. If I catch people in the corner it's pretty much my round. My favorite is using the original idea 113 trait cancel since it's plus 10, b2 trait cancel b11 for the mix once they start respecting and also throwing in the j2 cross up. Shit is so dirty

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Couldn't agree more about closing the last post. I wish that would happen more when things get off topic and go into bickering.

One thing I mentioned last time is using bats to get you a J2. Then you can input 12 and you have enough time to read if the J2 hits or not. If it does, input 3 and go from there. If it does not then you can continue pressure with the plus frames. You do have enough time to input J2 12 ... 3 and it will still combo, but it is a quick read. Also you can do the same with 113. You would input J2 113 then if the J2 hits you could grapple reset them. If not, you're still plus.

You can get some good practice with this by setting the AI bot to block mode "auto".
damn which one got closed?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Found nice tech today:
If you have conditioned your opponent to block low and stay put, you have a condiational cross-up!

All you need are plus frames off of anything(jump-in, 12, bat-cancelled plus string).
So here's an example:
j2 22xx4 223 release bat jump forward
(Well if they aren't blocking low, you aren't abusing b11 enough, and reactionary walk-back makes this set-up become ambiguous; unless they see the cross-up and react by walking forward or mash d2 premptively to whisk you our of the air[which is countered by bats].)
Happens to also catch any random backdash thanks to the inclusion of mecha-bats.

What are your thoughts?

yea whenever i have two mech bats ill whip out 113 (works more if you dont overuse it) into straight batarang release bats then grapple for hell damage