What's new

Post-patch Batman strats/tech

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
I figured I'd make a new thread for us to discuss the different strategies regarding post patch Batman considering the other thread was closed for some odd reason unbeknownst to me.

I read some pretty good info in the previous thread ( as short lived as it was) and would like that type of discussion here as well minus the whining.

This is not a complaint thread. None of us like the nerf(s). We get it, but its time to get over it and deal with what lies ahead for Bruce. To be honest, it could have been a lot worse.

So Bruce mains, how does everyone plan on adpating to the nerfs? What do you all plan on doing differently?

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Not a Bruce main but he's fine. Still a hell of a character..good anywhere...good in the corner next to flash.

I wanna see 112 used more into up-rang MB into b11-bats, b12-MB straight-rang.

If you hit anything it's hit confirmable and if they block your nearly four character length away.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
MB batarang (straight or up) into f2 should still jail, right? I can't imagine they would nerf the move by 11+ frames. My best guess would be they moved it from +25 down to +20 or so.

So, with f2 guaranteed and opponents much more likely to push buttons or attempt backdash after batarangs than they were when they knew there was nothing they could do except block the next j2/f3, might this be the the sequel to the infamous Kung Lao nerf-buff? Is there a chance that a decrease in Batman's frame advantage off mb batarang actually increases his mind games off of it?

Jugghead

Noob
Couldn't agree more about closing the last post. I wish that would happen more when things get off topic and go into bickering.

One thing I mentioned last time is using bats to get you a J2. Then you can input 12 and you have enough time to read if the J2 hits or not. If it does, input 3 and go from there. If it does not then you can continue pressure with the plus frames. You do have enough time to input J2 12 ... 3 and it will still combo, but it is a quick read. Also you can do the same with 113. You would input J2 113 then if the J2 hits you could grapple reset them. If not, you're still plus.

You can get some good practice with this by setting the AI bot to block mode "auto".

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Ok I don't know if you guys know this...
But after a mb grapple 112uprang meterless connects on hit in the corner and guarantees a 113xxcallbats as it is plus 9. 113 call bats on block guarantees a b113 which you can make safe with the bat you called . Once they respect that you can stagger b1 to catch them sleeping or replace it with b23 all together which you get a f3 off of because you have a bat you just called. You can also hit them with b2 slide into full combo because you have a bat or b11 slide for full combo. Once they respect the six hit blockstring you could stagger 113 at 11 into b1 for a potential mixtape. Or after 113 call bats you can cross them over with j2.

Now here is the corner combos I use for my "lockdown" setups. The combos are long enough to regenerate a bat as long as you pause a bit and wait a bit before going into nj2 112 uprang. Do a true link from b23 into grapple then release 1 or 2 bats and it will connect. It won't work with three. Simply do it the conventional way to connect with three.

113callbats b113 b23xxgrapple release bat mb (delay) nj2 112 uprang. Rinse and repeat. 370 on competitive superman.

The reason I use b113 instead of 123 is because I'm mashing b11 to get the tightest frame trap possible.

If they block the overhead but b1 opens them up:

B113 123 b23xxgrapple release bat mb (delay) nj2 112 up bat meterless

In case you were going for b23 and the over head from 113 hits:

113callbats b23xx grapple release bats mb nj2 112 up rang

If b23 opens them up:

B23 rb walk slightly forward, f3 nj2 22 grapple nj2 112xxuprang

All these combos lead back into the 113 call bats b113 block string.

I use this a lot so I don't think ill feel the pain of the mb batarang nerf

Last edited:

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
But after a mb grapple 112uprang meterless connects on hit in the corner and guarantees a 113xxcallbats as it is plus 9. 113 call bats on block guarantees a b113 which you can make safe with the bat you called . Once they respect that you can stagger b1 to catch them sleeping or replace it with b23 all together which you get a f3 off of because you have a bat you just called. You can also hit them with b2 slide into full combo because you have a bat or b11 slide for full combo. Once they respect the six hit blockstring you could stagger 113 at 11 into b1 for a potential mixtape. Or after 113 call bats you can cross them over with j2.

Now here is the corner combos I use for my "lockdown" setups. The combos are long enough to regenerate a bat as long as you pause a bit and wait a bit before going into nj2 112 uprang. Do a true link from b23 into grapple then release 1 or 2 bats and it will connect. It won't work with three. Simply do it the conventional way to connect with three.

113callbats b113 b23xxgrapple release bat mb (delay) nj2 112 uprang. Rinse and repeat. 370 on competitive superman.

The reason I use b113 instead of 123 is because I'm mashing b11 to get the tightest frame trap possible.

If b23 opens them up:

I never thought about the utility of this, these are some dope ideas man.

If b23 opens them up:

Ok this is great info man! What's the best way to practice this stuff in practice mode? (Like what option to put the AI in practice mode)

br8kz

YouTuber
Couldn't agree more about closing the last post. I wish that would happen more when things get off topic and go into bickering.

One thing I mentioned last time is using bats to get you a J2. Then you can input 12 and you have enough time to read if the J2 hits or not. If it does, input 3 and go from there. If it does not then you can continue pressure with the plus frames. You do have enough time to input J2 12 ... 3 and it will still combo, but it is a quick read. Also you can do the same with 113. You would input J2 113 then if the J2 hits you could grapple reset them. If not, you're still plus.

You can get some good practice with this by setting the AI bot to block mode "auto".
1,2 on block won't lead to pressure it's back dashable and 113 also has a back dashable gap and 11 is back dashable and b11 lol XD sadly I don't think he has pressure anymore other than 112 up mb batterrang

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
1,2 on block won't lead to pressure it's back dashable and 113 also has a back dashable gap and 11 is back dashable and b11 lol XD sadly I don't think he has pressure anymore other than 112 up mb batterrang
You're downplaying pretty hard right now. Just because you can backdash doesnt mean you have no pressure lol. You can backdash superman's f23 pressure, doesnt mean you have no options.

I'm in the lab right now, and so far both batman and GL cannot backdash 113 without getting hit. Who can backdash it? Also, you're not always gonna get backdashed especially off of 113 considering you have the threat of 112, so its not unusable anyway.

B112 can be backdashed, but if im not mistaken b113 will blow up backdash attempts(and its hard to punish, and if you have trait then its basically safe in a majority of situations. Also, simply staggering b11 then doing f2 will catch backdashes, and doing the trait cancel into f2. You can also do 12 if they backdash b11 which catches most backdashes(it catches batmans backdash i believe)

And if they backdash 12, you can trait cancel and do 12 after to catch back dashes. You can also do 12 and a delayed f2 to catch backdashes normally. You can also cancel into uprang or normal batarang.

Judging by the amount of options in our favour I'd say his pressure is still very powerful, and more importantly, you cant backdash his pressure in the corner anyway, which is exactly where you should strive to have them. Batman is fine.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
113 has a gap big enough that you can poke out of it. It may work once in a set, but after that I wouldn't advise using that string ever again.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip

If b23 opens them up:

Good shit, I've been doing some of this lately and its confusing the people I normally play. im' diggin it #revisedtech

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
113 has a gap big enough that you can poke out of it. It may work once in a set, but after that I wouldn't advise using that string ever again.
Only if they have a 6f button, and that will trade. They'd have to make a hard read to poke out because the gap is so small, and considering there's the threat of 112, if they try to poke at that point then they're getting launched. Its 100% viable, unless you use it every time then it'll work perfectly. Besides, in all honesty you can replace the 113 if need be with 12 and it'll serve a very similar purpose.

Minus

Sucks at fighting games
Tried this stuff on small hitbox characters like Wonder Woman. 113~4, b113 has a gap. It seems the b1 will hit but the follow up (b11) will completely whiff.

Illmatix

This if they poke you it trades and you can catch them with d1 and finish the combo.

If they poke it's a guarantee.

Illmatix

Tried this stuff on small hitbox characters like Wonder Woman. 113~4, b113 has a gap. It seems the b1 will hit but the follow up (b11) will completely whiff.
Are you flush with the corner?

Illmatix

Your right . I guess you could just do b23 instead first to buy respect on the small hitbox characters. Also you can also just take the slightest step forward and it will connect.

Last edited:

Illmatix

Can we get someone to test if this is a false gap? Meaning if they poke they will move into the hitbox of b11 and get launched? Sometimes that happens and if so it could be a deterrent to mindlessly mash out of this settup.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
Can we get someone to test if this is a false gap? Meaning if they poke they will move into the hitbox of b11 and get launched? Sometimes that happens and if so it could be a deterrent to mindlessly mash out of this settup.
I haven't tested it fully, but it seems to be inconsistent

seakaybe

Noob
I've been testing 112 up bat mb to see which characters the batarang catches at mid and which ones it misses and found a few strange things. So the Joker gets caught with the mid but his poke even though it's 7 frames low profiles him and the mid misses and he can poke out of it. He can also poke out of 113, not trade like most 6 frames but poke out.

Illmatix

Also it should be noted that ex batarangs are still legit in the corner when followed by f2.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Guys been trying to find good counters for people mashing out of our frames when we meter burn straight batarangs. One thing i been looking at after mb batarang is walk slightly forward and do a raw b3 this catches people trying to poke right after mb batarang. ive tested it against aquaman arrow firestorm it blows all their poke attemps up. But some characters like supergirl can low profile the b3 but a f3 can catch her because it goes over her poke. What I'm trying to find is something to make people respect batman after a mb batarang and not just mash d1 all day once they start to not press buttons after mb batarang then we can dash up and pressure like we used to do