What's new

Breakthrough - Sektor Post Patch 50/50 Armour Break Setup

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys,

I have made a new thread for this setup specifically so we can develop and discuss this further.

We all know Sektor was hit by this hotfix in both his knockdown setups and his zoning. But I've been in training looking for new ways to achieve our old results with armour breaking and UM's.

Here's where the B12+4 MB comes in!

If you land B12+4 without following up the combo, they're on the floor for an age and it's a true hard knockdown. This gives Sektor more than enough time to land a UM into a meaty string, which when done correctly allows Sektor to armour break any wakeup in the entire game using his B1 and B3 option. Allowing a armour breaking 50/50 that full combos on hit for the cost of a bar.

The meter usage for the B12+4 is fine because we used to armour break with HM anyway, now we're still spending a bar and getting similar damage, but now it works anywhere on screen and we simply spend the bar on the b12+4 instead.

Note the delayed wakeup and how I commit to the teleport after the 50/50, rather than a string. This is because if the opponent delays wakeup (which is the only way to avoid holding this 50/50/meaty pressure) the teleport doesn't come out, leaving me totally safe from a wiff punish. Obviously if they always delay wakeup this gives you free pressure anyway on a read, or you can just delay the UM.

Hopefully this helps you all! I know we've all been looking for post patch stuff, so here's something new.

Cheers!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wow really good stuff better than what I was expecting and I was expecting something good :D

28% 1 bar to break all armour anywhere in the screen is 100% worth it nice find man

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Thanks! I don't see it being a setplay win the round type of deal, but if you land a NJP and you make the read, it can pay out for around 60% damage into fullscreen zoning.
Fucking hell that's big

I'm glad 1112 got nerfed so this gem could be found

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
@Pnut

I assume if they do a short delay wakeup and you whiff your OH/Low, they can whiff punish?

Regardless, looks super good as a conditioning tool to stop wakeups.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
@Pnut

I assume if they do a short delay wakeup and you whiff your OH/Low, they can whiff punish?

Regardless, looks super good as a conditioning tool to stop wakeups.
Depends on the move I assume. You recover from the b3 and b1 super fast as it's recovering as you stand, rather than starting to recover when you're already standing.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Good point. I suppose Lao could Spin if they time the delay wakeup perfectly. Still, once you get them to respect the up rockets, you can delay your 50/50 to account for that.

Do the up rockets catch wakeup backdash?

Lokheit

Noob
I don't like that the meterless option is gone but very good substitute idea. That said I still hope 1112 is reverted given how it didn't solve the problem with the fridge.

My only question would be if the bar should be used to make the initial combo more damaging instead given how they can avoid the 50/50 with a delay wakeup and you already sacrifice damage on the first combo to put them in that situation.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
I like this. Thanks for the tag, and I will definitely be implementing this a lot. Great find!

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
So I f I see this i'll remember not to armoured wake up.
seems like the best thing to do is stay down you're not at risk but neither am I essentially