What's new

Breakthrough - Sektor Post Patch 50/50 Armour Break Setup

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
GASP!!

Good thing nobody threw a fit, or already dropped this 'neutered' character because his previous armor breaking setups were unabashedly taken from him in the hotfix leaving him completely useless...

...Oh wait :-P

Nice find!! Glad to see Sektor isn't complete trash, like some would lead you to believe after a quick read through other threads on this forum

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Great find! I knew someone would come up with something to compensate. Gonna switch it up and see what success I can have with the new setup. Great work man!

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Nice setup. Good too see the Sektor community is adjusting to the nerfs. Such a shame that Smoke does not care about your setup tho. :joker:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I've been doing S4 up rockets and breaking scorps armored slide with f212 but it leaves damage on the table.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Short disclaimer, my knowledge of Tri-Borg frame data is a little off so if I say anything completely wrong let me know. Just want to brain storm real quick.

My idea of a great armour break is one that can used on oki, and isn't televised. Cassie, KJ, and LK's armour breaks are all good examples of this. I'm a little skeptical about this particular armour break purely because of how televised the fact that you're going for an armour break actually is. I felt his way about the Cyrax mb bomb tech too. Let's try to break it down:

- Sektor does his combo, ends with the mb string to get hit advantage. Alarms go off in the opp's brain "He wants to armour break!"
- New Sektor player probably goes for armour break 100% of the time because it's infallible tech
- Guess on the 50/50? From memory it's a 7f gap between overhead and low option, so fuzzy is completely plausible. No real mixup. Sektor also loses advantage (? someone will need to clarify this for me).
- Situation repeats, this time Sektor realised mixup is fuzzyable. Delay the mixup? Could be good, but now opp knows you're willing to lose armour break timing.
- Situation repeats, this time Sektor waits for rockets and chooses to throw. Sektor gets 12%. Also armour bait.
- Situation repeats, this time Sektor uses f212(?), backdash and sets zoning up again. Safest option, though sacrificing damage and using a bar for a potential armour break.

In each situations it's a big read for read, that is more risky for Sektor against characters who can convert from armour into decent damage. While the reward is good, it feels like it's probably a half half in each players favour, only Sektor is the one losing bar while potentially earning no reward.

We probably need to look for meterless rocket setups to help skew the situation in Sektor's favour slightly more (tho I imagine you've all looked for this and found nothing?). Otherwise, I feel it's potentially too clear what's happening to catch anyone actually trying to armour.

Again, just trying to brainstorm here. I am NOT attacking the tech. Just trying to pick apart things so it can be pushed forward.

@PND_Ketchup

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Short disclaimer, my knowledge of Tri-Borg frame data is a little off so if I say anything completely wrong let me know. Just want to brain storm real quick.

My idea of a great armour break is one that can used on oki, and isn't televised. Cassie, KJ, and LK's armour breaks are all good examples of this. I'm a little skeptical about this particular armour break purely because of how televised the fact that you're going for an armour break actually is. I felt his way about the Cyrax mb bomb tech too. Let's try to break it down:

- Sektor does his combo, ends with the mb string to get hit advantage. Alarms go off in the opp's brain "He wants to armour break!"
- New Sektor player probably goes for armour break 100% of the time because it's infallible tech
- Guess on the 50/50? From memory it's a 7f gap between overhead and low option, so fuzzy is completely plausible. No real mixup. Sektor also loses advantage (? someone will need to clarify this for me).
- Situation repeats, this time Sektor realised mixup is fuzzyable. Delay the mixup? Could be good, but now opp knows you're willing to lose armour break timing.
- Situation repeats, this time Sektor waits for rockets and chooses to throw. Sektor gets 12%. Also armour bait.
- Situation repeats, this time Sekto uses f212(?), backdash and sets zoning up again. Safest option, though sacrificing damage and using a bar for a potential.

In each situations it's a big read for read, that is more risky for Sektor against characters who can convert from armour into decent damage. While the reward is good, it feels like it's probably a half half in each players favour, only Sektor is the one losing bar while potentially earning no reward.

We probably need to look for meterless rocket setups to help skew the situation in Sektor's favour slightly more (tho I imagine you've all looked for this and found nothing?). Otherwise, I feel it's potentially too clear what's happening to catch anyone actually trying to armour.

Again, just trying to brainstorm here. I am NOT attacking the tech. Just trying to pick apart things so it can be pushed forward.

@PND_Ketchup
You have basically just described any fighting game reset that is not 100% guaranteed.

Making a read isn't a bad thing, a bigger risk for sektor? I really don't agree there.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
You have basically just described any fighting game reset that is not 100% guaranteed.

Making a read isn't a bad thing, a bigger risk for sektor? I really don't agree there.
Not necessarily a bigger risk, just more likely to lose meter without reward. Just trying to break things down for those who see it and think "shit is OP", man.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@PND_Ketchup I love the setup, but you think this b1,2+4 mb behaviour is intended?
I mean, look at the enemy while falling on the ground...it's like he went in slow motion. It's a bit weird.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I'm still annoyed by the nerf. I couldn't even connect off it with my friend RIGHT in my face. And I wasn't even waiting to see if it confirmed. Up rocket is a tool that you have to get an entire combo and spend a bar to use. It's no threat outside of that. People easily out run it and there's no threat of a combo OR damage. Oh no. 6%

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Well. Watch this great finding get nerfed. Gonna lab it out anyways.
Great job ketchup

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
The set up is godlike and will def practice and use it but I feel like if Sektor was to have dirt why can't it be about keeping people out?

Defensive/zoning/ run away tech, instead of offensive dirt, why not defensive dirt?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
inb4 this gets removed as well, lol. Nrs doesnt want us to have nice things, havent we learned that yet? even though you have to spend a bar to pull it off.