What's new

Post Final Kombat Mortal Kombat 1 Patch Notes 6/18 - Peacemaker, Khameleon nerfs + more

PC Steam & Epic Games Store
  • Added a new Graphics Setting to increase the 30 FPS lock on certain sections to 60 FPS, which is intended for users with High-End Hardware
    • The new setting to enable this is accessed via Main Menu > Settings > Graphics > Experimental > 60 FPS Mode: OFF (Default)/ON
    • Note that this setting will not affect pre-rendered movies and will be automatically disabled during Online Matches to avoid stability issues
General Fixes & Adjustments
  • Fixed several desyncs that could occur during online play if the game had been hot-fixed
  • Adjusted camera behavior when Homelander, Omni-Man, or Peacemaker are interrupted or hit high off screen
Character Specific Adjustments
Main Fighters
Reptile
  • Fixed damage scaling on Force Ball when not enhanced
Peacemaker
  • Human Torpedo & Enhanced Human Torpedo now hits High
  • Reduced base health value to 650 (from 700)
Homelander
  • Fixed canceling into Flight when grounded more than once in a kombo not consuming Super Meter
  • Fixed Jump Attacks during Flight be able to be canceled into Flight on block
  • Fixed not being able to breaker God Complex & Enhanced God Complex
  • Improved Punching Down linking into God Complex & Enhanced God Complex from Flight when it hits opponent near the top
  • Fixed issue that could result in Homelander sliding on the ground sometimes when God Complex from Flight was canceled from certain heights
  • Fixed rare issue that could result in Homelander sliding on the ground sometimes when God Complex from Flight was performed just as flight was about to time out
  • Fixed rare instances of some juggle kombos sometimes behaving slightly differently against Homelander with specific timing
  • The following attacks can no longer be parried by Dirty Trick
    • Kitana - Fancy Strike (Away + Front Punch)
    • Rain - Tide (Away + Back Punch) & It Pours (Back Punch, Front Punch, Front Punch, Back Punch)
    • Reptile - Kneet Trick (Towards + Back Punch, Front Kick)
    • Sindel - Shear Genius (Towards + Front Punch) & Off The Top (Away + Back Punch, Front Kick, Back Punch)
    • Ermac - Dragged Under (Front Kick, Back Kick)
    • Peacemaker - Gutshot (Away + Back Kick) & Pinky Toermenter (Down + Back Kick)
    • Quan Chi - Skeleton Jacker (Towards + Back Punch, Front Punch)
  • The following attacks can now be parried by Dirty Trick
    • Ashrah - God’s/Demon's Wrath & Dark/Light Ascension
    • Baraka - Baraka Barrage, Stab Stab, & Chop Chop
    • Havik - Twisted Torso
    • Kenshi - Quick Slice (Jump Front Punch in Sento Stance), Upper Gash (Jump Back Punch in Sento Stance), Ancestral Guard, Soaring Sento, & Teamwork
    • Kung Lao - Kung-Kussion & Shaolin Shimmy
    • General Shao - Power Strike
    • Smoke - Vicious Vapors & Smoke Bomb
    • Peacemaker - Coming Through! (Towards + Back Kick, Front Punch)
    • Homelander - Grounding Fist from (Air) Diabolical Dash & Soaring Strike from Diabolical Dash
Kameo Fighters
Cyrax
  • Fixed canceling into Horizontal Kopter Chopper from Kopter Chopper not using Kameo Meter
Khameleon
  • Reduced pushback on block of first 2 hits of Roll & slightly reduced the pushback on block of the last hit
  • Reduced base health value to 250 (from 300)
Janet Cage
    • Slightly increased combo damage scaling on Hop Punch & Hop Skip Punch

Comments

Homelander's high execution optimal that does 40% now costs 2 bars of meter to do. I feel like it'd be okay letting him do 2 flies and then the third costs meter. Like let the high execution characters have high reward

See now I can actually use Homelander, because I'm not good enough to do those combos which now cost 2 bars and you shouldn't use them anyway. Did he get nerfed otherwise than that? Like can anyone explain this to me, and explain it to me like I'm 5: "Fixed Jump Attacks during Flight be able to be canceled into Flight on block"

Anyone know the new optimals for Homelander now? Also, RIP my Tanya/Cyrax theorycrafting.

The Cyrax "buff" was a glitch?

Peacemaker receives two nerfs while Johnny Cage remains the same character?

Every day this game gets one step closer to being as bad as Mortal Kombat 11.
I am /dead.

Next thing you know, we're going to get a surprise free DLC, and it's going to be MK11 Flying Jacqui. You might as well at this point.

Reptile's damage from Acid Ball is good in my book, Now to slip away unnoticed as everybody complains about what the Hotfix didn't do...

Reptile's damage from Acid Ball is good in my book, Now to slip away unnoticed as everybody complains about what the Hotfix didn't do...
The hotfix specifically mentions that the Acid Ball was having incorrect scaling (since the game first came out?), so this is intentional. I have not played the game after the patch, did he get a damage bonus then?

Everyone: Nerf Cage!
NRS: Slightly increased combo damage scaling on Hop Punch & Hop Skip Punch

Thank you to being receptive to community feedback NRS.

Also, aside from undoing homelander patch stuff, this patch did absolutely fucking nothing, lol. Peacekeeper, kham and janet are all still fine. Borderline unchanged even. Especially Peacekeeper.

And my biggest gripe about Homelander was his over head dive punch combo starter being safe on block if the Homelander player keeps pressing buttons, which is still alive and well. This character is gonna be totally busted as long as he has this, is my prediction. And on the flip side, he'll be nothing without it. This is my hot take, at least

While at Final Kombat Ed + Tyler were VERY active in talking to everyone in regards to direct feedback on changes to the game. This revert was almost no surprise but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw Cyrax come back to life + more eventually. This was the most active I had seen them at an event so we will see how things go from here. Hoping something huge comes with a Season 2 of Pro Komp myself. Large seasonal changes/meta's if they plan on committing to the game for a while.
Also sir please tell me someone mentioned adding actual defensive mechanics to the game

As I said, NRS is a fucking joke. Didn't touch Johnny Cage at all. They must be jacking off to 57 Cage mirror matches in tournament play. Final Kombat top 8 was disgusting to watch.

Also, great job on giving Sub nothing almost a year later.