What's new

Possible new cyrax reset(s).

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
I was messing around with cyrax and I found that if you time an u4 or a njp correctly and you hit your opponent into a bomb it will reset them. I tried a tiny bit and couldn't find any obvious viable resets. I'm just posting this to see if any of the combo geniuses out there could find a new variation of a cyrax reset. Check TONY-T J360 DoctrineDark

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
ive tinkered with this in the past, but have found no real reset with it, reason being that up4 has the same properties as saw, it will only cause the reset if the opponent is grounded. And if the opponent is grounded theres really no practical application of up4, saw or the last hit of 212. Still searching though

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
ive tinkered with this in the past, but have found no real reset with it, reason being that up4 has the same properties as saw, it will only cause the reset if the opponent is grounded. And if the opponent is grounded theres really no practical application of up4, saw or the last hit of 212. Still searching though
but the njp can be used while they're airborn

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
the njp i can see reseting, but trying to put it in a combo that might be useful would be hard i think.. Ill give it a go a bit later..
Yeh the problem is I don't think that it works with a splatter, but I could be wrong and it might be corner only idk haven't tooled with it for a while.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
That's right, some time ago I also tried different ways with U4 and none worked.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Cyrax needs to be banned period. i was just playing online and this one guy did one of YOUR combos Tony, the one with the specificly placed b2 that makes them bounce behind u. Not only that, but they did that huge combo with an ex net too. No fundamentals whatsoever, Just resets and b1...

Cyrax needs to be banned period. i was just playing online and this one guy did one of YOUR combos Tony, the one with the specificly placed b2 that makes them bounce behind u. Not only that, but they did that huge combo with an ex net too. No fundamentals whatsoever, Just resets and b1...
The reverse B2 reset becomes just as easy as any other reset with practice.I can do it pretty much every time off/online.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
cyrax is 5th in game at best so if anyone would get banned it would be kabal, but this game will never get a character banning.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Keep crying. Cyrax doesn't run on oil or electricity, he runs on salty tears.

Axel_Redd

i can deal with kabal, he requires a good deal of skill to play at a high lvl and expert execution. cyrax is fuggin easy mode with his broken ass resets. I refuse to play cyrax players. Unless they stick to using only the non relaunching resets. Other than that? fuck em. its horse shit :/

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
i can deal with kabal, he requires a good deal of skill to play at a high lvl and expert execution. cyrax is fuggin easy mode with his broken ass resets. I refuse to play cyrax players. Unless they stick to using only the non relaunching resets. Other than that? fuck em. its horse shit :/
You refuse to play Cyrax? What do you do, just leave every time someone picks him? Damn, that is pathetic.

Axel_Redd

You refuse to play Cyrax? What do you do, just leave every time someone picks him? Damn, that is pathetic.
if i feel like leaving its my own choice. If i don't feel like fighting Cyrax? same thing. Nothing you say about it matters to me. If i challenge you directly or ask for some matches and you pick cyrax. Thats all fine and good and i'll accept it out of respect. Randoms however, if i just run into somone who obviously isn't a scrub and just goes and picks cyrax. Yeah i'll probably ask them to pick another character or if they really want cyrax that badly to pick his human costume. If they don't agree, then yes i'll probably leave. Do i care what u think? No...no i don't. :/

if i wanted to deal with that lvl of brokenness, i'd be playing Deception or armageddon...

Mr Bonana

Ua Ola I Ke Aloha
It's simple. Just learn the match up. And if you lose to a Cyrax player with no fundamentals, then aren't the losses your fault because you didn't exploit his inexperience?

Axel_Redd

It's simple. Just learn the match up. And if you lose to a Cyrax player with no fundamentals, then aren't the losses your fault because you didn't exploit his inexperience?
not really, because even if they don't have fudamentals and all they do is practice resets, then all it takes is for you to screw up once :/. Especially if they use the ex net...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
not really, because even if they don't have fudamentals and all they do is practice resets, then all it takes is for you to screw up once :/. Especially if they use the ex net...
So...... don't screw up. WHile I agree cyrax is stupid, play safe, good footsies against him and it isn't that bad.

Lulzlou

Noob
Axel_Redd
Why would you want to ban Cyrax because of your mistakes? Thats like everyone saying Kabal should be banned when there are people out there that are actually trying to overcome that match up, Pig for example. The argument that Kabal takes skill to play on a high level is retarded. What about low tier characters? Are you saying Kabal is fine the way he is when low tiers have to work even harder?

If you are on this site then that must mean you are trying to play competitively. If you are playing casually and for fun then stop complaining. Play Ladder if its that big of a deal.

Stop being a baby and level up. This game isn't going to get any character banned so deal with it.

Axel_Redd

doesnt mean i won't learn the matchup for competative purposes, but outside of that, if i can avoid fighting him, i will