What's new

Breakthrough Possible Martian Block Infinite

You rang? :joker:
Is this you asking me to come up with a way for MMH to have a block infinite with orbs? I can look into it, but I sure as shit hope it doesn't exist... lol.
Right now I am trying Orb,2 xx Orb,2 xx Orb etc. and Orb, d1 xx Orb etc.(this one only works in the corner because his d1 (never thought I would say that) gives too much pushback)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Right now I am trying Orb,2 xx Orb,2 xx Orb etc. and Orb, d1 xx Orb etc.(this one only works in the corner because his d1 (never thought I would say that) gives too much pushback)
try this out first part hits btw, so set them to auto reversal i used corp charge ji2 22 orb , b2 close orb , f1 , close orb , f1 ,close orb , repeat
i suppose that can be backdashed
also have u tried ji1 close orb ji1 close orb , it says the block advantage is 22 but i doubt it
and ji2 22 orb , b2 close orb , d1 ,close orb , d1 ,close orb ..repeat

try this out first part hits btw, so set them to auto reversal i used corp charge ji2 22 orb , b2 close orb , f1 , close orb , f1 ,close orb , repeat
i suppose that can be backdashed
also have u tried ji1 close orb ji1 close orb , it says the block advantage is 22 but i doubt it
and ji2 22 orb , b2 close orb , d1 ,close orb , d1 ,close orb ..repeat
F1 can be ducked, and ji2 2 2 into orb opens you up to a full combo punish. D1 has to much pushback but could work in the corner. But as I was trying stuff I found that like in Joker's case we need a string that can't be ducked, not only finishes before the orb explodes but keeps the opponent in a blockstun long enough. That is why Orb 2 xx Orb doesn't work - 2 is fast enough and it's a mid but it doesn't keep them in blockstun long enough. I thought 22 xx Orb would work but it is too slow!!! @StevoSuprem0 have you found anything yet?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
F1 can be ducked, and ji2 2 2 into orb opens you up to a full combo punish. D1 has to much pushback but could work in the corner. But as I was trying stuff I found that like in Joker's case we need a string that can't be ducked, not only finishes before the orb explodes but keeps the opponent in a blockstun long enough. That is why Orb 2 xx Orb doesn't work - 2 is fast enough and it's a mid but it doesn't keep them in blockstun long enough. I thought 22 xx Orb would work but it is too slow!!! @StevoSuprem0 have you found anything yet?
Haven't had a chance yet. Might get to it tonight, but probably not til this weekend. Sorry dood.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
hmmm ill keep at it anyways i was just brainstorming really :)

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I already found out how to do something like this lol. Yes MMH has a block infinite, gonna wait for @R.E.O. to record. I had the same mindset as you @legion666 as soon as I discovered jokers block inf.
I can help recording if you need it young Fox.
I messed with this last night a little. The recovery window is about twice as big as teeth, so it was weird at first, but I think he can do it as well. It's also a fair bit more disgusting because you can get it off of phase charge -> orb reset setups if I'm not mistake. I need to test it against CC and such to make sure though.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
pretty sure he doesnt have a block infinite.. d1 duration is too fast and you either have to delay it to get the orb out at which you can just be punished for.. if you do it too early the orb wont come out.. standing 3 you can only do it for like 1 or 2 times.. 2 duration is too quick and you can also be poked out of. b2 is too slow.. 22 is duration is a little too long... b1 pushes them away too far most of the time but it has the most potential prbably.. but in short.. there is no infinite

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
in the corner i usually do...

22b3xd1,orb,d1(orb explodes)xb3,22b3.....repeat

they usually try to mash their way out of one of these and then hit confirm into combo and tell all your friends how good you are at injustice. If they pushblock just throw out an orb right away to keep them cornered

I already found out how to do something like this lol. Yes MMH has a block infinite, gonna wait for @R.E.O. to record. I had the same mindset as you @legion666 as soon as I discovered jokers block inf.
Awesome! Can you drop a video in here when you guys do it)?Have you thought of other characters with timed explosives? I first thought Cyborg and Adam could have something but their explosive's start up frames are redicilous!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Awesome! Can you drop a video in here when you guys do it)?Have you thought of other characters with timed explosives? I first thought Cyborg and Adam could have something but their explosive's start up frames are redicilous!
Appearantly having people block things they should never be sitting there for in the first place is how it goes, so I can imagine a cyborg doing something like...
Abusing the +99 on block that TA gives to fire off another one. TA dash in 22xxTA as the last one explodes, repeat or something like that haha.

Appearantly having people block things they should never be sitting there for in the first place is how it goes, so I can imagine a cyborg doing something like...
Abusing the +99 on block that TA gives to fire off another one. TA dash in 22xxTA as the last one explodes, repeat or something like that haha.
I tried some before. But I think the frame data is a bit off. TA just doesn't feel like +99 on block:) same thing with Adams lightning bomb.But then again maybe I am just not robot enough to tell the difference

EDIT: although with Adam even according to in game frame data the start up on his bomb is like 10 frames longer than the advantage it gives on block. So the string it will be canceled off must have some huge cancel advantage! We need someone like @Somberness to give us all the cancel advantage data...damn it was nice to know in MK9!

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I tried some before. But I think the frame data is a bit off. TA just doesn't feel like +99 on block:) same thing with Adams lightning bomb.But then again maybe I am just not robot enough to tell the difference
Its a bit of humor. That being said though, I mean its worth a test, so I'll probably check into it later.

Looking at it, I'm finding some interesting stuff using b.12xxTA, if you time it right the opponent will end up blocking the previous TA first giving you a bit of time to get your next attack out and another TA. Escapable but in the corner its scary.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Basically what I'm finding is if you're in the corner and you get a TA off, you can do b.123xxTA afterwards and if done correctly the opponent will be forced to block the first one and the second will come out with some bonus distance. They'll be able to escape though which is the problem. If the opponent lacks a reversal option under 15 frames though they'll have a bad time.

@legion666

Stuffs corps charge, breaks armor, etc. Does this count as a block infinite too? :p
It builds meter too while you do it :D
Btw highest execution you'll ever see from me xD
So you mean the 113 xx Nova Blast Cancel? It doesn't let Lex's corp charge come out, is it breaking armor or doesn't let it come out though? It could be good, though you can just get hit by it midscreen)in the corner though Cyborg can get nasty damage of off 113

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So you mean the 113 xx Nova Blast Cancel? It doesn't let Lex's corp charge come out, is it breaking armor or doesn't let it come out though? It could be good, though you can just get hit by it midscreen)in the corner though Cyborg can get nasty damage of off 113
If they block the 3, it'll stuff corps and break Bane DP. Also in the corner it pretty much shuts down their option to backdash any of it. On hit, you can just keep it going.

4x4lo8o

Noob
If they block the 3, it'll stuff corps and break Bane DP. Also in the corner it pretty much shuts down their option to backdash any of it. On hit, you can just keep it going.
But the standing 1 hits high and there's a hole in the string...