What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

GUYS I PROMISE A GUIDE OF SOMESORT TONIGHT

Sorry I've been so unbelievably busy w work it's been insane to grab a moment to myself to actually record it

Will go over
-all variations Pros/cons
-character breakdown
-BNBs
-corner BNBs
-Kenshi vortex
-why I feel possessed is best as well as kenjitsu could be just as good....balanced not so much maybe
-normals and mix ups
-footsies w him

Bare w me
You da man

Hey guys, I picked up MK as a series for the first time today, after previously sticking to Street Fighter and MvC, and I'm really excited to get into this game. Can someone please help me out with the notations on the combos? For example, the first combo that OP gave with Balanced, can someone please translate that for me? All I can get so far is that it starts with a jump in.

Hey guys, I picked up MK as a series for the first time today, after previously sticking to Street Fighter and MvC, and I'm really excited to get into this game. Can someone please help me out with the notations on the combos? For example, the first combo that OP gave with Balanced, can someone please translate that for me? All I can get so far is that it starts with a jump in.
Number = Xbox = Playstation
1 = X = Square
2 = Y = Triangle
3 = A = X
4 = B = Circle

f = forward
b = back
u = up
d = down
jip = jump in punch
jik = jump in kick
njp = neutral jump punch
njk = neutral jump kick
xx or ~ = cancel (i.e. f32 xx db1, which could also be written f32 xx rising karma)
EN or EX = Enhanced move (i.e. db1+block, also could be written db1+blk, db1 EX, EX db1, EX rising karma, EX rk, etc.)

That should be pretty much everything i think

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Video guide coming tonight late
Will explain all

YouTube video
Maybe a txt guide as well
I'll make a video that covers all and may include some Gfx

This week has been hella nuts busy for me but I know the thirst is real for all so I want people to get the info soon
Awesome. Can't wait. Btw, Since MK9 released I've gotten pretty decent at video editing. If you would like me to help out with some above average video production for Kenshi in MKX just give me a holler, I can put together pretty much anything you'd like without too much trouble.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
GUYS I PROMISE A GUIDE OF SOMESORT TONIGHT

Sorry I've been so unbelievably busy w work it's been insane to grab a moment to myself to actually record it

Will go over
-all variations Pros/cons
-character breakdown
-BNBs
-corner BNBs
-Kenshi vortex
-why I feel possessed is best as well as kenjitsu could be just as good....balanced not so much maybe
-normals and mix ups
-footsies w him

Bare w me
Pig, you're just the best

I've got a Demon Kenshi combo vid coming up tomorrow. It shows Pig's corner combo from the OP and my current best midscreen which is at 38% 1 bar, same set up as pig's but there's some optimization missing from that combo. These are, to my knowledge, the best balance between practicality and high damage that I know of thus far. Unfortunately for this variation, it is pretty much a requirement that you meter burn on your first special attack in order to get a combo.... very frightening if you are not on top of your hitconfirm game. If you let it rip and it gets blocked, goodbye meter. I certainly am not good at that, so.... :(

For now, here are notations. Note that F32, B32, and B1 can all be used INTERCHANGABLY as starters for all of these combos. All you have to do is modify the EX DB4 fake overhead to be close on a B1 starter, and to be medium distance on the F32 and B32 starters.

LEGGO

Midscreen:

f32 xx EX DB4, step forward, instant NJP, f32 xx BF3 -- 38%
f32 xx EX DB4, step forward, instant NJP, 22 Standing Reset
NJP, walk forward 1, walk forward 1, walk forward 1, f32 xx BF3 -- 26% + Swag as fuk
air JIP (win trade), run cancel 1, walk forward 1, f32 xx BF3

Corner:

f32 xx EX DB4B, njp, jip, f32 xx BF3
f32 xx EX DB4B, njp, jip, 22 Standing Reset (flips sides, be ready to flip sides again in next combo)

Last edited:
Really interested to see the vortex pig is talking about. From the playing around with kenshi I've done so far in Balanced and Demon (whatever it's called), I haven't really seen anything that strikes me as being an actual vortex? Like, I understand how the standing reset stuff is supposed to work, but it leaves the opponent at 0 so they can just poke out of whatever you do? It's gotta be something else I'm not seeing, right? WTB SPOILERS

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
I've got a Demon Kenshi combo vid coming up tonight. It shows Pig's corner combo from the OP and my current best midscreen which is at 38% 1 bar, same set up as pig's but there's some optimization missing from that combo. These are, to my knowledge, the best balance between practicality and high damage that I know of thus far. Unfortunately for this variation, it is pretty much a requirement that you meter burn on your first special attack in order to get a combo.... very frightening if you are not on top of your hitconfirm game. If you let it rip and it gets blocked, goodbye meter. I certainly am not good at that, so.... :(

For now, here are notations. Note that F32, B32, and B1 can all be used INTERCHANGABLY as starters for all of these combos. All you have to do is modify the EX DB4 fake overhead to be close on a B1 starter, and to be medium distance on the F32 and B32 starters.

LEGGO

Midscreen:

f32 xx EX DB4, step forward, instant NJP, f32 xx BF3 -- 38%
f32 xx EX DB4, step forward, instant NJP, 22 Standing Reset
NJP, walk forward 1, walk forward 1, walk forward 1, f32 xx BF3 -- 26% + Swag as fuk

Corner:

f32 xx EX DB4B, njp, jip, f32 xx BF3
f32 xx EX DB4B, njp, jip, 22 Standing Reset (flips sides, be ready to flip sides again in next combo)
thank you :D been playing kitana but kenshi is really fun

Possessed Kenshi has Cross-Under combos! Change the directionality of your midscreen combo carries at the cost of just 1% damage! GET HYPE, video tomorrow!

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Ex db4 grants a 50/50 reset/vortex, you can jump in 2 and do f2 or b3 for you mix up then combo of it. Don't know what off you can get off of it but hope it helps.

Ex db4 grants a 50/50 reset/vortex, you can jump in 2 and do f2 or b3 for you mix up then combo of it. Don't know what off you can get off of it but hope it helps.
Yea now that I tried that variation I see that move exists. Only problem is that the low and overhead seem to be easy to react to, and neither option even gives that big of damage. I'm kind of a combo guy, and I literally cannot find any combo worth a damn with that variation of the character. What good is a vortex if you've gotta start a 20% combo, spend a bar, then make a good guess to have a chance at another 20% when you can just play his other variations and do 36-38% without the guess work... There has to be something I'm missing here :\

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Yea now that I tried that variation I see that move exists. Only problem is that the low and overhead seem to be easy to react to, and neither option even gives that big of damage. I'm kind of a combo guy, and I literally cannot find any combo worth a damn with that variation of the character. What good is a vortex if you've gotta start a 20% combo, spend a bar, then make a good guess to have a chance at another 20% when you can just play his other variations and do 36-38% without the guess work... There has to be something I'm missing here :\
It does seem low on damage but I figure we could experiment with it. I'm having trouble figuring out what kenjitzu is good for so I'm looking for stuff

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
One question guys. I wanted to ask you which strings i should focus the most on since his fastest startup string is only 10 frames.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
One question guys. I wanted to ask you which strings i should focus the most on since his fastest startup string is only 10 frames.
i like f32 since it is a low starter and can confirm into all of his specials in every variation

Last edited: