What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I noticed he doesn't have air control with the lows though, unlike oh swords. How do we feel about that difference? Also how well does each variation track the run with flurries?? Also his tp looks very fast and has great tracking.

I could see the run mechanic causing issues.
TP is fine
Tele flurry mostly tracks runs however I've noticed it doesn't sometimes, not sure why. Tele flurry in possessed is like -30 so u can punish w fly kick w kang and such

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I noticed he doesn't have air control with the lows though, unlike oh swords. How do we feel about that difference? Also how well does each variation track the run with flurries?? Also his tp looks very fast and has great tracking.

I could see the run mechanic causing issues.
in possessed the low pound like oh swords are made up for by a mid hitting teleflurry with a large hitbox. Tracking on teleflurry tracks the run very very well.

in possessed the low pound like oh swords are made up for by a mid hitting teleflurry with a large hitbox. Tracking on teleflurry tracks the run very very well.
K I was speculating on the strength of itthat the flurry might hit mid, sounds solid. I noticed you were punishing it though, and Los kick seemed really hard to punish.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Kenshi is looking like an absolute monster. I can't see how he won't be anything other than a high-tier character.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Kenshi is looking like an absolute monster. I can't see how he won't be anything other than a high-tier character.
as others are saying though, the devs made almost all of his special moves unsafe on block. he has the potential to be an absolute powerhouse but i would hate to see his potential wasted because he can be punished all too easily. With the new run mechanic i doubt we'll get much zoning from him either. either way im super excited to play him!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This is all entertaining for right now and it's helping me cope until next week but some of this stuff seems like the reason we get launch patches, so I'm none too invested.

I've had the game for a few hours but I really am under the impression that (balanced) Kenshi is a rock solid character to say the least (quite similar to MK9). What would in your opinion be his best normals? I think that d4 is fantastic poke, his sword aerials seem a little weird but good, b1 has a surprising range (at -5 on block it should be safe) and is hit confirmable, b32 starts at 11 frames is low and safe on block (-3), 441 stats at 10 frames and has a pretty short range but it's neutral on block.

Last edited:

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Found this on youtube, some guy's day 1 combos that will be obsolete as soon as Pig posts his vid, still there's not much to do until tuesday so here it is:

the combos are pretty sweet, but the dude talking makes me want to punch a baby. the idiot makes me lose my focus on the combos. "What blind dude can walk around the house without a dog or a cane?" Oh i don't know, how many people you know that can shoot lightning out of their hands? It's Mortal Kombat dude. the fuck outta here

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
BNBs

Kenjitsu

Ji2 b1 rk d1 ex lift ji2 f32 tele slam 37% 11hits

Balanced
Ji2 b1 rk run xx f32 ex rk tele flurry 40% 11hits

Ji2 b1 rk run xx 421 ex rk tele flurry 37% 12 hits

B32 run xx 421 tele flurry 28%

441 rk run xx f32 ex rk tele flurry 32%

441 rk run xx 1 run xx 44 sc 23%

441 rk run xx 4 ex rk tele flurry 27% last hit whiffs (OKi??)

441 run f32 ex rk *maybe tele flurry here* currently 29%

Corner reset
Ji2 f32 rk NJ2 f32 ex rk re stands 41% into standing reset both at 0

POSSESSED COMBOS POURING IN

Ji1 f32 ex DF4 JI2 b1 ex rk tele flurry demon
41% 16 hits HKD full screen ender

B3 ex db4 NJ2 JI2 (air) b1 ex rk tele demon 16 hits 36% 2 bars

B3 ex db4 nj2 ji2 b1 9 hits 32% 1 bar

B3 ex db4 nj2 ji b1 db2 (OKi tele setup)

Corner combo
Ji2 f32 ex df4 NJ2 JI3 f32 ex rk tele demon 18 hits 44%

Ji2 f32 ex df4 nj2 ji3 b1 ex rk standing 3 tele demon 19 hits 45%

Ji2 f32 ex df4 nj2 ji3 22 standing reset 35% 1 bar
In Balanced his 22 standing reset can actually be canceled out of for more hits... if you do 22 and then reverse input SC, TF, or RK they will hit... you can do this mid combo in highish gravity to avoid wasting you RK early... run cancel into 22 after shit like 114 adds higher damage... I will post the combos later... too late atm..

Fractured_Shadow

Great aa armored combo starter w Kenshi kenjitsu

Ex lift ji2 b1 rk d1 tele slam 28%

Good for armor launcher to absorb a jumpin/tele/pressure
His D1 is an amazing AA... you can D1~RK alllll the big ass floaty jumps...

Also I have tested the frame data listed and it is waaay off (as expected) Balanced Kenshi is A LOT safer than his numbers let on.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
B1 ex df1 b1 tele slam 34% 9 hits

Off a low/OH

Ji2 b3 Ex df1 b1 ex lift ji2 b1 tele slam 13 hits 40%2 bar / 36% w 1 bar

Ji2 f2 ex df1 b1 ex lift ji2 b1 tele slam 43% 13 hits

Ji2 f2 ex DF1 b1 tele slam 9 hits 35% 1 bar

^mixups are legit

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Yea I agree

#s are hella wrong for some
Ya that is why when you look at his 22 it doesnt look like what it really is... I have a feeling that will be his best mid string linker... you can do shit like 114 run 22~RK run f32~TF which is like 38% no meter... he has tons of shit with 22