What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Yeah i actually had this exact situation mid match few weeks back and got rekt on that whiff.

I was like "im done, this is just beyond me...".

Kenshi buffs are coming thou but honestly i'm not that excited. Unless the Triborg build at ESL finals didnt have them all it's not looking great.
He has good mid now, and b1 is really good for footsies due to faster startup and recovery, but his zoning is far from well.. Zoning. At least they fixed Kenjutsu's executional combos and gave possessed more damage. He still needs more though..

DarksydeDash

Almost forgot he can enhance 22 for a restand but what is the point when we have mb throws? Unless we can combo off it lol

Immortal

Blind justice....
He has good mid now, and b1 is really good for footsies due to faster startup and recovery, but his zoning is far from well.. Zoning. At least they fixed Kenjutsu's executional combos and gave possessed more damage. He still needs more though..
That's not even close to be good enough. Especially for Balanced. Safe DF1 helps Kenjutsu also.

Almost forgot he can enhance 22 for a restand but what is the point when we have mb throws? Unless we can combo off it lol
You probably can, since its like +20 on hit (if MB) now or smtg like that so you can follow up with whatever you choose.

Balanced is still screwed and im not convinced like i already said that the buffs that were in ESL build will be enough to make him viable in tournaments. Probably not.

DarksydeDash

That's not even close to be good enough. Especially for Balanced. Safe DF1 helps Kenjutsu also.

You probably can, since its like +20 on hit (if MB) now or smtg like that so you can follow up with whatever you choose.

Balanced is still screwed and im not convinced like i already said that the buffs that were in ESL build will be enough to make him viable in tournaments. Probably not.
I'm praying we have more changes on the way.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wassup Kenshi main's.

So I just rewatched the Kenjutsu videos and wanted to ask about the BnB's. Are those still the go to combos or did the BnB's change with the updated version of Kenshi? Picked up Kenjutsu today for the first time and I wasn't getting optimal damage yet other than the meterless combos I remembered, so I had to come back to the thread of all threads to ask.

@Pig Of The Hut
@Immortal
@DarksydeDash
@coconutshrimp
@ismael4790
@Whoever knows

DarksydeDash

Wassup Kenshi main's.

So I just rewatched the Kenjutsu videos and wanted to ask about the BnB's. Are those still the go to combos or did the BnB's change with the updated version of Kenshi? Picked up Kenjutsu today for the first time and I wasn't getting optimal damage yet other than the meterless combos I remembered, so I had to come back to the thread of all threads to ask.

@Pig Of The Hut
@Immortal
@DarksydeDash
@coconutshrimp
@ismael4790
@Whoever knows
From what I heard, the new meterless bnb is: stringxxdb1, d1, b1xx db4/bf3

otherwise I don't know the new 1-3 bar bnbs because we now have that MB 22 string that boosts damage a lot. Kenjutsu was reportedly said to hit the 50% mark now.. :D

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
From what I heard, the new meterless bnb is: stringxxdb1, d1, b1xx db4/bf3

otherwise I don't know the new 1-3 bar bnbs because we now have that MB 22 string that boosts damage a lot. Kenjutsu was reportedly said to hit the 50% mark now.. :D
I'm anxious to get Kenshi into the practice mode to see what he can do :)

Even if his max damage wasn't boosted, it would be ok, the most important is that now we can trust in combos involving b1.
I hated when I lost matches due to stupid b1 whiffs.

The potential in Kenjutsu has always been there, now it can be released.

DarksydeDash

I'm anxious to get Kenshi into the practice mode to see what he can do :)

Even if his max damage wasn't boosted, it would be ok, the most important is that now we can trust in combos involving b1.
I hated when I lost matches due to stupid b1 whiffs.

The potential in Kenjutsu has always been there, now it can be released.
Oh he definitely does more damage. They buffed all his specials

Immortal

Blind justice....
so does kenjutsu still rely on meter?
my biggest issue with him was that you needed meter to do anything.
Not really, since GGPO you can quite easy connect d1 after RK online, so while you wont do tons of dmg its good enough without meter. And with meter Kenshi now hits pretty hard with the "new" 2,2 MB and increased dmg on some specials.

With parry and most important - good advancing mid (b1, 13 frames, only -1 on block) now Kenshi has a good neutral game. Which means in Kenjutsu you dont drop combos mid screen after b3, ex sword slice coz b1 always hits them after that and combined with pretty good mix ups he always had in that variation i believe Kenjutsu is strong now and pretty universal, meaning it can do well in almost any MU.

Possessed is pretty good now also with ability to jip of teleport and increased dmg, thou imo its not that good as Kenjutsu.

Balanced while better then it was, still needs more to be decent.

You really dont want to be hit by Kenshi having 2 bars now, anything below ~55% of HP will result in your certain death. In corner you can get around ~60%.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What 50%+ 2 bar midscreen combos does Kenjutsu and Possessed do? I only got up to 47% 2 bars with my weak Kenshi lol.

Would someone post current Beta Kenjutsu bnb meterless / meter stuff they found if any? I haven't been able to get any real practice on Beta and i'm really curious to see what is possible. I really want to main this variation, can't wait for march 1st.

I might be wrong but testing kenshi yesterday(balanced). His jump in 1 guarantees strings on block in the current mkx build, was suprised.

Hey guys watch this.
Start watching like 12:15 onwards, look out what happened after the j1 and relate it to what happened next and what pig said. I think his j1 is different, you gotta learn how to jail it.

D

Deleted member 35141

I'm so excited for the new netcode and especially the changes to kenshi.

There was so much damage that I would lose because of lag drops or inconsistent links from kenshi, that I completely stopped playing the game.
B2 isn't something I thought of when seeing buff thread but damn happy they fixed it.

I have a question for you guys playing the beta
Did they improve the damage on all specials or just in possessed?
The biggest question is did they decrease whiff recovery on any specials?

Yoaks

A spaceman
I'm so excited for the new netcode and especially the changes to kenshi.

There was so much damage that I would lose because of lag drops or inconsistent links from kenshi, that I completely stopped playing the game.
B2 isn't something I thought of when seeing buff thread but damn happy they fixed it.

I have a question for you guys playing the beta
Did they improve the damage on all specials or just in possessed?
The biggest question is did they decrease whiff recovery on any specials?
Whiff recovery is still bad for the specials. But all specials do more damage.

DarksydeDash

My fellow Blind Swordsmen, tomorrow marks the day if we as Kenshi players, will live or die. It has been a treacherous journey.. Full of nothing but jab into grab, unpractical combos, hitbox issues, and worst of all, a zoner who can't even zone. Lord Paulo has blessed us with many improvements in the enhanced online beta, all of which are good. However! He is still lacking.. And what's more? The changes in the beta are not final, so things are subject to change. Of course, there is also a plus side to things, we may receive more even more buffs! As we dawn the final day tomorrow, I ask you to gather your swords, your spiritual ancestors, and have faith that the lord himself will bless us all. With that said..

GIVE PAULO YOUR ENERGY!!!

@Pig Of The Hut
@Immortal
@YOMI REO
@Kenshi_mk
@Blackula
@Yoaks
@SaltShaker
@MrProfDrPepper
@NRS No Mercy
@Shaikhuzzaman
@Lt. Box
@Lokheit
@ismael4790
@Pan1cMode

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
My fellow Blind Swordsmen, tomorrow marks the day if we as Kenshi players, will live or die. It has been a treacherous journey.. Full of nothing but jab into grab, unpractical combos, hitbox issues, and worst of all, a zoner who can't even zone. Lord Paulo has blessed us with many improvements in the enhanced online beta, all of which are good. However! He is still lacking.. And what's more? The changes in the beta are not final, so things are subject to change. Of course, there is also a plus side to things, we may receive more even more buffs! As we dawn the final day tomorrow, I ask you to gather your swords, your spiritual ancestors, and have faith that the lord himself will bless us all. With that said..

@Pig Of The Hut
@Immortal
@YOMI REO
@Kenshi_mk
@Blackula
@Yoaks
@SaltShaker
@MrProfDrPepper
@NRS No Mercy
@Shaikhuzzaman
@Lt. Box
@Lokheit
@ismael4790
@Pan1cMode
Lol I have low expectations

Immortal

Blind justice....

@Pig Of The Hut
@Immortal
@YOMI REO
@Kenshi_mk
@Blackula
@Yoaks
@SaltShaker
@MrProfDrPepper
@NRS No Mercy
@Shaikhuzzaman
@Lt. Box
@Lokheit
@ismael4790
@Pan1cMode
Man that made me laugh pretty hard. Well played my young apprentice. :>

I'm confident that after today Kenshi still gonna be pretty mediocre at best, with DLC characters being mostly very good or even top tier (some of them looks that way) he will fall down. Balanced is still crap, Possessed while not bad is like the most meter hungry variation in the game and Kenjutsu is okish but nothing to write home about.

If they didn't buff (fix) him more compared to current beta then i don't see him being played much after XL goes live.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Bo Rai Cho is doing 65% 1 bar corner combos in one variation, and 44% 1 bar into restand 50/50's in another. Nah I dont think Kenshi stands a chance.