Votes: 30 15.5%
  • It's Poor

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Terrible - one of the worst titles!

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
MK 11 has only been out for a short while but so far it seems to be very controversial. People have been very vocal bout their feelings - probably more so than any other title at this early stage.

To gauge how we are feeling so far, I thought I would create a poll to see if this dissatisfaction is just from a vocal minority or whether it is widespread.

So... how do you feel about MK11 at this early stage and why??? Do you think this will change in time and for better or worse???

I will vote MK11 higher if they didn't nerf Kitana's fan like this. They could have nerfed the damage scaling after fans. On a side note, their games are always a mess for a few months after release. I'll wait for the improvement

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
In terms of gameplay, it's the best NRS has ever done. Online is fantastic, animations incredible, and the graphics breath-taking at times. It could've been an easy 10/10 from me, but it's bogged down by So. Much. Bullshit, that it leaves me feeling bittersweet at best. A damn shame, because like I said, when the game's good, it's really good. But when it's bad? Even after they iron out all of the issues, all I can say is yikes.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Easily one of the best ever.

It feels great to play, the characters have more personality in their dialogues/intros/victories/animations/movesets/gear than ever before, the Krypt is really fun to explore, it looks amazing, it sounds amazing, the netcode is great.

I have no doubt that most of the Krypt/Towers issues will be ironed out over time. Only thing they can't fix is the story. Which -- oh well. It had its moments.

Gameplay 9/10, of course still need some balance but i love the mechanics and the pacing. Maybe too many moves that fuck neutral game (unreactable teleports, shadow kick, etc). Net code is fantastic. Story is the best ever made for a fighting game.

I'm disappointing with 2 aspects:

- No improvement at all in search/rank system (you can't do other things while you are queuing, no mm system, etc).

- The whole gear stuff is a complete mess. Even if they fix tower bullshit, I dont care: I only play online, and the game doesn't reward me for playing the real game, against real people.

I love it, the gameplay and mechanics are the best of any MK game yet in my opinion. Its great EXCEPT for two things

1- I hate the whole gear/augement system completely.
2- The loadouts thing is werid to say the least in my opinion. Why do we have to create a custom loadout with the tournament settings to use them in other modes? I believe the tournament settings should just be the default and if someone wants to create a custom one to let them.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
It get's a fantastic from me. All the griping about the Krypt and Towers of Time aside, the game itself is a masterpiece in terms of gameplay and graphics. :)

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
In terms of gameplay, it's the best NRS has ever done. Online is fantastic, animations incredible, and the graphics breath-taking at times. It could've been an easy 10/10 from me, but it's bogged down by So. Much. Bullshit, that it leaves me feeling bittersweet at best. A damn shame, because like I said, when the game's good, it's really good. But when it's bad? Even after they iron out all of the issues, all I can say is yikes.
Basically how I feel. And I dont even mind the grind/tower difficulty aspect. As a PC player, I'm just getting angry at the port. Buggy menus, not even an updated balance patch. Grrr... The only global feature I can't stand is the variation logistics. "hey, let's not let players have access to tourney variations as default unless they play ranked/tournament. Let's make them take the time to Kustomize every character so they can lab the tournament variations/play in other modes." what in the actual F.

BolverkGTM

Dad Beard Connoisseur
The fact that Towers of Time is so busted and Krypt is such a chore makes getting aesthetics bothersome, but that can be fixed with time and feedback. The actual fighting game part of it is fantastic. It's the most fun I've had with a Mortal Kombat game...ever, to be honest with you. I really enjoy it.

Edit: Also I mean, come on. Look at Sub-Zero. Look at that beard. What's not to love besides the fact I can't LOOK AT IT ALL OF THE TIME (yet).

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Love it. The annoying things are just really annoying lol. It’s week 1 though and the annoyances aren’t gameplay related mostly so it will be fixed quick. Tweak a variation here, a tower there, a modifier everywhere lol.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I can't help but to answer "average", but that term does not captures what I feel towards it. The gameplay feel so good and the game looks so beautiful, it's a fantastic game. But then, well, we all know about the ToT and Krypt issues, which are getting a bandaid but are not getting fixed. It literally makes me angry. I don't think I have ever been so mad at game. This game is both great and the worst shit ever.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
It’s fantastic. Even with the bunk currency progression, I’m still finding myself loving the game, Krypt included. Some of the tower modifiers can piss right off, but hopefully they’re gonna make them more fun to play.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
It's by no means terrible, I still enjoyed the game greatly - but they still need to fix a lot of things before it becomes a 9/10, or even 10/10 on my book.

I love the game. It may seem like I don't sometimes from my criticisms. But still, the gameplay is great, there's lots of replay value, the Krypt is great, minus the RNG. I even like the Towers of Time, apart from the occasional overly frustration match. I like having all these unique conditions they have. It really shakes things up. I give the game as a whole about an 8/10, which could be a 9 if they were to fix some problems.

Definitely agree with another user that stated, when it’s good it’s good and when it’s bad it’s yikes. Gameplay wise, it’s clearly the best. Graphics and animation are out of this world. The really terrible story is a gigantic bummer for me. Same with some of the character designs (particularly for the females).

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
I will vote MK11 higher if they didn't nerf Kitana's fan like this. They could have nerfed the damage scaling after fans. On a side note, their games are always a mess for a few months after release. I'll wait for the improvement
I destroy all kitanas with ease..payback for the billions of fans thrown on mkx

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It’s great. Loving the gameplay, 100% the best NRS game gameplay wise (to be crystal clear, I said “NRS”, meaning MK9 and onwards).

I don’t really care too much about the single player stuff except for training mode. Only played the story until after chapter 4 to unlock Frost and skipped all the cut scenes. I wasn’t kidding pre-release when I said I couldn’t care less about the story, lol.

I would love to say "best of all time". The potential is there. But......Krypt, ToT, wasted resources that could be more characters or modes (4P Tag. For the love of god).

All the backlash along with the story mode ending make me feel afraid for the franchise's future.

I like it alot! Coming from Injustice 2 it does feel alot less forgiving then that game though. I feel you have to commit alot more to things. Then again, this is the first fighting game I take seriously enough to actually properly learn characters and mechanics so this might be normal and I may just suck. The TOT stuff is just not fun for me though, those modifiers really make me angry. I liked the characters of Injustice 2 more, but that could just be because they're all familiar faces to me and I only really have knowledge of the MK lore from 9 onwards.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Game is <1 week old, still forming an opinion (that should also be an option on your poll imo)