What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Popping off after winning a set (especially a heated one) is totally cool. Do your thing, have your moment, enjoy it. Getting in your opponent's face and screaming like a madman for a minute straight is crossing a line. I don't care that these two had some twitter beef. He was so far in Scar's personal space I wouldn't be surprised if there was spit or Buffalo's hair which was flying everywhere making contact with Scar's face. That's disgusting. If you're so close I can smell your breath there's a problem.

Big D at combo breaker is what a slightly over the top but hype (and not disrespectful or childish) pop off looks like. I don't think I would've batted an eye if Scar had clocked him for that. He handled himself really well there considering.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
It’s all perspective. I know how I feel when someone online is being a dipshit saying untrue things or making excuses, so seeing that happen at a pro level too doesn’t surprise me.

Do I think it was excessive? Absolutely. Do I have a huge problem with it? No, as long as he didn’t say anything out of line

If people are legit upset about that pop off it just shows how diff the FGC is now. All the esports shit brought a different crowd. Back in the day any pop off was hype and left at that as long as you didn't swing on the other person,etc and i remember a few times when people came really close lol. But that is also part of what makes the FGC so hype and fun. It was just all raw emotions and skill. Now it's basically like everything else.

@Kroaken

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
It was hype and all, but a bit inappropriate. I'm torn tbh.

If Scar was a different person, this could have ended really sour.
I know it is a little off topic but as a Cage player I had to like that post, a tomatoe coming your way :D

I think the popoff in general was ok but it was way too aggressive. I mean I know they had beef and stuff, but it left a bad taste for those who had no idea what was going on.

coolwhip

Noob
Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

Ask yourself this: Would you be OK with someone literally walking up to you, getting an inch away from your face, and yell at you aggressively, calling you "boy"(which isn't getting enough attention for how awful it is), telling you to go fuck yourself and flipping you the bird for a minute straight?

No. This is not acceptable. Period. Calling this a "pop off" to normalize it is misleading. Yes, pop offs are part of the FGC culture and they're generally hype. This was not that. Fuck outta here. And all because he implied the only reason he beat some dude is due to the FT2 format?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I know I'm going to catch flack for this especially from people who know me but I really think the M rating needed to be taken seriously 5 years ago. (maybe 10 or 15)

MK today is not what we grew up with in 1991-1992 and I have friends who let their 10 year olds play it with full blood and gore. Brothers to me to whom I have voiced how i don't think this is something for a young mind to see who brush it off like no big deal

It is rated 18+ for a reason and nowadays i feel it is more important than ever that we do our job as parents and monitor everything our kids do closer than before.

The moment we say "it's just a game/movie/make-believe" is the moment we decide it's okay to let our kids parent themselves.

Buffalo making an ass of himself (and depending on your POV, Scar too) is a learned behavior simply acquired from observing the behavior of other asses.

It's kind of like smoking weed.... Some people are perfectly fine with it.... and some people are already borderline fucking we-taw-did without weed, do they really need to smoke and become a total palsy victim?

Last edited:
Buffalo beat Scar...

In a ft2.

I don't think people really get how feeling hot breath in your face from someone you barely even know while being screamed at isnt a pop off at all, but an invitation to get your face busted in. Buffalo gets a pass bc hes a kid, hopefully he learns more effective responses for his emotions but damn some of you older guys on here justifying that specific behavior bc theres a backstory, you got some evolving to do.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
Scar was wrong for starting beef by talking down of buffalo.
Buffalo was wrong for being immature about it after his victory.
That humbling experience for scar could've been used to end the beef.
Buffalo could've said "Good Game." shook his hand, and Scar could've left thinking better of Buffalo for being the bigger man.
Instead we have this drama.

I've read he is only 15 or something. He looks older but if that's the case then it was just the childish act of a child. He needs someone to tell him that's not how to behave and that's all. Hope he learned it.

Matix218

Get over here!
Like I agree that he was too close and it was too long. It coulda escalated further like the Bee vs SonicFox incident at the Summit. The popoff was awesome but I’ll admit it was too close and too long, can’t have another sucker punch incident.
Wait what??! That incident at summit was a sucker punch on Sonic Fox??

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
K-brad pops off 2 inches from someone’s face( shits hype)

Buffalo pops off 2 inches from someone’s face shits disrespectful.

Atleast one community can appropriate a good popoff. MK community getting soft.
Someone brought this up and was already debunked. This is different.

Prior to K-brad's pop off both individuals where trash talking each other Both hated each other. Both players had a LEGITIMATE reason to beef and talk trash.

Scar makes 1 comment and Buffalo remains silent until now.

Fuck out here!

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
An overreaction is always seen in a negative light.

And personal or no, beating a champion always makes the victor prone to overreaction. Like Tweedy's reaction when he beat SonicFox at Combo Breaker.

Nice photographs were taken on that pop off though.

The way "Daddy" reacted was absurdly disproportional given the "trashtalk" he was responding to. It's hardly a coincidence that the one guy who decided to do a fatality every single match in the tournament was also the guy who ended up acting like a petty ****.

Had he acted like that towards me he probably wouldn't have been so lucky.

For me, except a celebration pop off, they always look stupid. Even if your opponent was talking shlt, celebrate, shake hands, show your are a better man.
If you get triggered by what a guy who is not even close to you thinks/says in fking social media, popping off like that only it proves you are a spoiled little baby with no life.
A pro player talked shlt, you beat him, shake his hand. That's badass and would make the pro look like a fool.

sars

Noob
Someone brought this up and was already debunked. This is different.

Prior to B-brad's pop off both individuals where trash talking each other Both hated each other. Both players had a LEGITIMATE reason to beef and talk trash.

Scar makes 1 comment and Buffalo remains silent until now.

Fuck out here!

Exactly! THIS is what should've happen. Like I said in my original post. Buffalo shoud've pop off for 3 seconds and then just dipped. That's all. All he had to do was make a comment and leave. And if he done that I'm 100000000% sure Scar would 1. Take back his words 2. Look at Buffalo as a legitimate rival.
He made more than 1 comment. He also talked about it in a twitch chat, not just twitter. That’s atleast 2 different places he said something about it. I understand k brad and wolfkrane talked smack, and wolfkrane poped off earlier that year. Buffalo felt disrespected, won and poped off. This happens all the time in the FGC. You act like there was no beef and buffalo just did this for no reason.

Both are pretty much the same situation. Someone talked shit, someone lost, someone pop off

Last edited: