What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Imagine shit talking a guy on twitter, and then the guy beats you and pops off at you at a real tourney but then instead of everyone acknowledging that you got blown up you're given enormous props for "staying professional" and "a lesser man would have swung, kudos." Just because he didn't start an actual fight or talk shit to Buffalo's face doesn't mean Scar's somehow more righteous, he's not "being the bigger man" for flipping the guy off after getting blown up like a punk.

Scar hid behind a screen to talk, then didn't swing in real life on a bigger guy who blew him up for it? And we're giving SCAR props here? Am I insane, am I missing something? Only thing making me cringe here is this weak response to a very brief popoff from a guy who showed up a shit talker.

Matix218

Get over here!
It was pretty uncomfortable to watch (streaming.) As a viewer, I don't want to feel that way.

It came of very aggressive and teetering on turning violent initially. The escalation seem to be happening almost entirely in his head. He is like twice Scar's size at this point, inches away while screaming and pumping his arms. Say what you will about the legality of hitting, but there is absolutely a version of this where someone feels in endangered enough to start shoving to create distance. There are absolutely people that don't care about what happens 10 min later when someone is freaking out in their face.

I don't think Scar was ever going to be the person to take things there, especially with someone so young, but Buffalo/Daddy can't make a habit taking things that far or he may run into someone who will. It's only going to take one really bad moment to change the way events are run.
If Scar was the size of Decay, this would have never happened

BS3OOO

Noob
And I have no respect for you clowns that think this pop off is justified.

If someone’s screaming at the top of their lungs in my face, making me smell their hot breath, getting their fucking saliva over me, thats a problem. You can we’re weak mentally or whatever, but we don’t tolerate that shit where I come from. When you’re standing in somebody’s face that long, you’re trying to garner a reaction. He knew Scar couldn’t do too much in that situation with the world watching him. A pop off to the crowd would’ve sufficed. He could’ve talked as much shit as he wanted, but not inches away from his face.

And earlier, some mentioned this was nothing and claimed they’ve seen people break other’s controllers. Lol I wish somebody would grab my controller, throw it, and break it. At that point, you’re effecting my pockets!

It was a fun pop-off. Now a rivalry has started. Buffalo was hype and he showed it. Have you guys seen Madzin's pop offs? Kbrad? even Filipino Champ? or how about 16bit? when they pop off is/was hype, now Buffalo pops off and everyone is against him.
I gif'ed a bunch of 16bit pop offs, they didn't last half an hour which is why they were funny and acceptable. World of fucking difference

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Nothing of y'all would of survive the MvC2 days.

Also a lot of people on here don't know about the Raptor/Scar stuff.
Spill the tea for the Scar/Raptor stuff. First time i'm hearing about it.

All i'll say is lmao at people claiming they'd fight someone over this.

The popoff would make more sense if buffalo had been playing Ninjakilla tbh (based on Scars previous comments which started the beef). Whatever though, Scar reacted like a mature adult and buffalo looked like a raving psychopath who just beat a guy that stole his GF or something. I respect the passion but the whole thing seemed pretty cringe worthy imo.
We got different definitions of what a mature adult is because Scar putting his middle finger up in response to Buffalo saying that doesn't hit me as "mature" either. The most sane and mature thing to do here would've been to just walk away and let Buffalo continue to rant but Scar didn't and he looks just as bad for standing there and taking it. Calling Buffalo a pyschopath when Scar's been talking a lot of crap towards him for years is really going overboard and I wonder if Scar was doing this to Buffalo would we even be saying this? Matter of fact, would there even be a dedicated thread towards Scar's immaturity if he had did this to Buffalo? My answer is no there wouldn't and that's what makes me laugh in this community. The blatant hypocrisy and double-standards are real for the "elites".

BS3OOO

Noob
I’ve only read the first two pages of replies to this, but damn TYM has gotten soft since the MK9 days.
What’s comparable to this from the mk9 days? I was here, and I’m just trying to see what I missed. It was a lot of shit talking on TYM with VSM and other scenes, but who actually popped off and got in somebody’s face, screaming and spitting?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Scars Self control is Crazy. I can’t believe he had a cool enough head to not put hands on him at all. Not even push him away. In a venue with all those people watching after just having all that adrenaline pumping. Color me impressed.
"not laying hands" on someone a foot taller and 50+ pounds heavier than you isn't a "cool enough head" its survival instinct. Bigger people hurt smaller people. Scar is basically a dwarf.

Matix218

Get over here!
We got different definitions of what a mature adult is because Scar putting his middle finger up in response to Buffalo saying that doesn't hit me as "mature" either. The most sane and mature thing to do here would've been to just walk away and let Buffalo continue to rant but Scar didn't and he looks just as bad for standing there and taking it. Calling Buffalo a pyschopath when Scar's been talking a lot of crap towards him for years is really going overboard and I wonder if Scar was doing this to Buffalo would we even be saying this? Matter of fact, would there even be a dedicated thread towards Scar's immaturity if he had did this to Buffalo? My answer is no there wouldn't and that's what makes me laugh in this community. The blatant hypocrisy and double-standards are real for the "elites".
I was just calling it how I saw it. I personally couldn't care less about Scar or Buffalo and their egos.

"not laying hands" on someone a foot taller and 50+ pounds heavier than you isn't a "cool enough head" its survival instinct. Bigger people hurt smaller people. Scar is basically a dwarf.
Buffalo looks skinny as hell though. Scar could've easily grab his long ass hair or gave him a nutpunch.