What's new

Poll: is nomad dash cancel worth the bar (and the slot)?

Is nomad dash cancel worth the bar (and the slot)?

• Yes

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 54 62.1%

• Total voters

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
Damn it seems like no ones satisfied with any of the roster lol
Some characters have tournament variations that feel purposefully made awful. You can have NDC and two really niche moves along with ass damage, or a good finisher with a "worse than blank slot" move in Nomad Spin. Kollector has one variation clearly better than the other, but even the bad one has smart elements to it.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Trying to get community consensus on this point. Someone told me that REO mentioned on his stream that the Mk11 NDC is even better than the Mk9 version, but trying to understand why. Other than the bar usage, the biggest difference to me is that you seemingly cannot cancel the dash mid-dash or towards the end, but only right at the beginning, so it loses its Mk9 utility as a mobility tool. In Mk9 you could cancel it at the last second before hitting the opponent and then begin block pressure.

The bar usage point has been thoroughly discussed, but perhaps a bigger question is the slot usage. By selecting NDC, what are you sacrificing with that slot.

Also, if the cancel is not plus, perhaps it should not use a bar - this could then maybe justify the slot usage.

I may just be overly nostalgic here, but I'd love NDC to at least be a viable option without being broken or unfair.
Clean Cut > Mean Streak

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Damn it seems like no ones satisfied with any of the roster lol
That's because they messed with a lot of shit that didn't need to be messed with. The MK11 combo nerf probably irritates me the most. Some characters have fucking pathetic buttons/strings too. Frost's normals are just absolutely pitiful and Kung Lao's strings are like 90% highs. There's tons of examples.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
anyone finds the timing if iffy on instant air saw?

its like u have to wait for him to leave the ground to almost half the screen then do it

i miss mk9 instant air gas blasts XD

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
anyone finds the timing if iffy on instant air saw?

its like u have to wait for him to leave the ground to almost half the screen then do it

i miss mk9 instant air gas blasts XD
i think you can't instant air due to the short hop mechanic

but I've had success with straight air saw on the latter part of either forward or backward jumps

there is also lots of potential with amplified straight air saw after a ji2, ji3 or ji4, with combo follow ups after your quick land

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i think you can't instant air due to the short hop mechanic

but I've had success with straight air saw on the latter part of either forward or backward jumps

there is also lots of potential with amplified straight air saw after a ji2, ji3 or ji4, with combo follow ups after your quick land
you know, u can throw air projectiles from a short hop right?

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
you know, u can throw air projectiles from a short hop right?
actually i dont and thank god u told me !

so the input is exactly as mk9 where i tap bu into f? but wait, u cant short hop into directions, so your suggesting tap up into b into f? seems long dont u think?