What's new

General/Other - Ermac Pointless Ermac

UPR_Nova

Noob
Not respect the last hit of the string ? As in get hit on purpose ?

Why would you ever do this when you can backdash or armor....
Just as you said in your last post... Button pressing. Sorry for explaining so poorly. As you stated, taking a hit would be a pretty bad choice lol. Most people I play scout the b12 and immediately poke or armor because I only get that minimal damage and knocked damn near full screen, hence why I agree with what Big D stated.

Reactions: zaf

UPR_Nova

Noob
Woops meant to type F21D2 lol which does have a gap yes, but you can block confirm into F212 which doesn't have a gap and is only -1.

Well F212 is only -1 so you only get 1 extra frame by using B124...
Great point. I tend to look at things very mathematically (which is probably a big weakness). That extra frame against say Shinnok where your d1 as Ermac is the same completely changed the meta after the blocked string in my opinion. I have no need as Ermac to use armor to catch pokes or counter pokes unless it will close out the round or match, therefore, making the "auto d1" by Shinnok pretty viable. Ermac must respect, leaving him open to strings instead of literal pokes (basic stuff). That extra frame could protect Ermac from that "auto d1" scenario right? I mean all in theory because I admit I'm out of practice in this beast so I could be wrong in that line of thinking.

This thread is 3 months too late to change anything. Ermac will remain the same; love him or leave him.
well, not necessarily, there will be another set of patches and hotfixes with kombat pack 2, so there is still hope. but also - yes, this should have been done sooner.
If you gave up on Ermac because of MKX, sorry but you are not a loyalist at all, just a fair weather fan. Also, you really threw in the towel at the first sign of any troubles.
for the love of god i choose to stick with nightwolf and ermac in mk9 for 4 years. when everyone in EU and russia left for injustice i freaking stick with it. do i look like a person who runs away? you know what? mb, but im not going to play macro on a competitive level at tournaments for another whole game lifetime span (~3-4y?)

He really isn't that bad, bottom 1 is absolutely ridiculous
i was being metaphorical. bottom 6 bottom 1 who cares. S+, S, A hell, even A- in some fighting games are tournament viable. but fine, dont believe me, i repost yomi tier list for the second time.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Well I belive that @Big D mentioned to have B124 special cancellable to catch people who pressed a button.

When you stagger B12 and B124, if the opponent gets hit by B124 it means they are trying to press after B12 because they thought it would stop there.
When this happens and the opponent gets hit by B124, ermac basically gets nothing off this. Opponent gets knocked away and we barely get any damage.
Having B124 special cancellable would help in this situation.

I mean we could always do B12~soul ball or teleport on this sort of read.. But then this goes again into why ermac is so weak. He has to commit to things like this. Do a B12~soulball, because you believe the opponent wants to press after B12... If you dont want to commit, do B124 and get nothing for it...
But is that not balanced risk reward? You go for the safe option that might not lead to much or you go for the option that gives you a full combo/vortex but you risk getting punished if they guess right. It's how his B3 and F4 mixups work so why does B12(4) have to be different?
Its for more conditioning options, not just another combo string.
Can't you condition with B12 itself anyway? What would you get differently from B124 that you can't already get from B12?
Great point. I tend to look at things very mathematically (which is probably a big weakness). That extra frame against say Shinnok where your d1 as Ermac is the same completely changed the meta after the blocked string in my opinion. I have no need as Ermac to use armor to catch pokes or counter pokes unless it will close out the round or match, therefore, making the "auto d1" by Shinnok pretty viable. Ermac must respect, leaving him open to strings instead of literal pokes (basic stuff). That extra frame could protect Ermac from that "auto d1" scenario right? I mean all in theory because I admit I'm out of practice in this beast so I could be wrong in that line of thinking.
Don't worry about it, I'm a maths head too lol. Isn't B3 a low crush? I feel like I've had it go over a bunch of my pokes... If so couldn't you use that instead of risking trading or losing by using your own poke?

UPR_Nova

Noob
But is that not balanced risk reward? You go for the safe option that might not lead to much or you go for the option that gives you a full combo/vortex but you risk getting punished if they guess right. It's how his B3 and F4 mixups work so why does B12(4) have to be different?

Can't you condition with B12 itself anyway? What would you get differently from B124 that you can't already get from B12?

Don't worry about it, I'm a maths head too lol. Isn't B3 a low crush? I feel like I've had it go over a bunch of my pokes... If so couldn't you use that instead of risking trading or losing by using your own poke?
Great question actually because I've never tried. That b3 is a low but I've never had it low crush by accident, which doesn't at all mean that it won't do it when you aim for a low crush purposefully. I hope we mean the same move here because the b3 is the low option and it really doesn't have any lifting or rising motion that would negate another low attack. There is some backwards lean but I don't think it's enough to avoid an attack and land as well. It's range isn't that great accompanied by slow speed doesn't make it the best candidate but like I said, I've never tried with that move. Maybe I'm confused with the terminology of how you are applying low crush?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac is fun, yet challenging to play as. His MOS is the best, always was, and always will be unless they give him massive buffs in the other two(which I dont see happening) Something just more rewarding winning with him as oppose to KL, QC, Raiden someone like that. I still say they should give him safe on block ex teleport, IDK who disagrees he needs it. I mean shit, Scorp had it in MK 9 nobody bitched...yet he was still mid tier.

Youphemism

Great question actually because I've never tried. That b3 is a low but I've never had it low crush by accident, which doesn't at all mean that it won't do it when you aim for a low crush purposefully. I hope we mean the same move here because the b3 is the low option and it really doesn't have any lifting or rising motion that would negate another low attack. There is some backwards lean but I don't think it's enough to avoid an attack and land as well. It's range isn't that great accompanied by slow speed doesn't make it the best candidate but like I said, I've never tried with that move. Maybe I'm confused with the terminology of how you are applying low crush?
Yeah B3, his low starter lol. Low crushing as in causing him to avoid lows.
It adds an entire new dimension to conditioning.
But your options go from B12~unsafe combo option and B124, neutral game to that plus B124~unsafe combo option right? Or am I missing something?

haketh

Noob
I wouldn't make B124 cancellable but I would up damage to make it a stagger worth doing for Mystic/Spectral

For Mystic main things I would like to see is

Push to get a damage increase
Push to consistently AA, sometimes it just fails at ranges it should
NO METER GAINED WHILE TAKING DAMAGE BY EX PUSH FOR THE OPPONENT, seriously that shit is dumb

For all variations
Fix F3,4 & B12 to hit mid consistently
Make F4,3 like -7 or -8 so it has a purpose
Make B2 unblockable when fully charged or Plus on block
Make Teleslam a hitconfirmable Meter Burn instead of EX

Man I don't even know what to do with Spectral & I was probably the most optimistic about it

zaf

professor
Make F4,3 like -7 or -8 so it has a purpose
Make B2 unblockable when fully charged or Plus on block
I dont see F43 being made any more safer. It seems to be more like the B32 and B34.

B2 being unblockable is something that mystic or spectral can hope for. Mos will never see this because it will give him an easy infinite with B2 unblockable and soul ball.

If you do the unsafe route it is high risk high reward. That makes sense.
If you go for the B124 option, You have low risk - zero reward IMO. They are getting sent back at minimum half screen to you and you get next to no damage. You literally are getting nothing.. In some match ups it is even hurting you since you are shooting the opponent away from you.

However, like Big D mentioned it will add a whole new dimension of conditioning for ermac.
The opponent presently has to watch for one spot. B12 * here* 4. This is your one spot to cancel into a special.
Now if he was able to cancel a special off of B124 the opponent would have another scenario to respect. If they are respecting not pressing after B124, it means they are looking for this. This gives you the option to go for B12 and then go into something else. It is just adding more for the opponent to think about.

zaf

professor
you can dash in and do his f21d2 string as a combo also if you want to continue your vortex try EX soul ball instead of ex lift
actually to continue the vortex, you want to use ex lift so that you can end the combo in the soul ball and get the standing reset into 50/50

using ex soul ball first means that you can't restand later

Youphemism

If you do the unsafe route it is high risk high reward. That makes sense.
If you go for the B124 option, You have low risk - zero reward IMO. They are getting sent back at minimum half screen to you and you get next to no damage. You literally are getting nothing.. In some match ups it is even hurting you since you are shooting the opponent away from you.

However, like Big D mentioned it will add a whole new dimension of conditioning for ermac.
The opponent presently has to watch for one spot. B12 * here* 4. This is your one spot to cancel into a special.
Now if he was able to cancel a special off of B124 the opponent would have another scenario to respect. If they are respecting not pressing after B124, it means they are looking for this. This gives you the option to go for B12 and then go into something else. It is just adding more for the opponent to think about.
So basically what I said...

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Yeah B3, his low starter lol. Low crushing as in causing him to avoid lows.

But your options go from B12~unsafe combo option and B124, neutral game to that plus B124~unsafe combo option right? Or am I missing something?
Exactly. But that unsafe combo option leads to a standing reset/vortex, leading them to have to respect it; ultimately leading to complete dominance of the up close game.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
actually to continue the vortex, you want to use ex lift so that you can end the combo in the soul ball and get the standing reset into 50/50

using ex soul ball first means that you can't restand later
i meant like a shorter version of it like after a soul ball f4 tele d1 f4 EX soul ball it does maybe 3 or 4 % less than the ex lift ,, i hate EX lift so much its pointless :mad:

zaf

professor
i meant like a shorter version of it like after a soul ball f4 tele d1 f4 EX soul ball it does maybe 3 or 4 % less than the ex lift ,, i hate EX lift so much its pointless :mad:
It beats a lot of NJPS. Especially people who use wake up NJP ( Takeda,kung jin, D'Vorrah, Ninjitsu Scorp etc) . Lift beats all those dumb ass NJPs

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
For the record, I only have a few changes I want for Ermac.

1) Make b124 special cancellable.
2) Make EX Soul Ball -9 on block

*Spectral*
1) Give ex soul charge more pushback on block

*Mystic*
1) Make telepush (bf2) less unsafe on block...not by much, but it needs help.
I was thinking of the exact same changes,
- EX Soul Ball being -9 seems like a huge buff but it's not as crazy as +14 on block, currently there's absolutely no use for it, costs a bar and -9 can still be punished by a few characters.
- In addition to b124 being special cancellable it should combo into Teleport (into d1-Soul Ball, for example).
- Tele-push at -18 (7 frames faster)?

Obviously there are a few things I would change if it was upto me lol

Across all Variations.
-Cancelable DB4 at the cost of half stamina.
-DB1 to have a sight push back on block.
-B2 to have more than one hit when charged/Armour break.
- Cancelable teleports only really work online, he doesn't need this
- I don't think push back on Telelift is going to help, -51 is punishable full screen.

2. b2 (3+4, 1, 2)

b2 has got to be in contenting for one of the worst normals in the game. At 32f start-up, you would think this move must have something under the hood to justify it. Maybe the charge function is useful for cancels? Can you get unblockable setups? NOPE. This move existed in MK9, and was essentially the exact same except that at fully charged it became unblockable, leading into a gimmicky mixup. Why it is not unblockable in MKX is beyond me, given that only MoS would actually be able to use the move anyway. The move is only useful for maximum swag and I'm convinced it was only put into the game so that casual fanbase could gawk at it's awesomeness, considering it does less damage and scales harder than his other 2 launching strings, whilst starting up around 3 times slower.
Completely agree, having that unblockable back would've been great, the major issue is just that it's stupidly slow, both start-up and right before the active frames, I think it worked perfect in MK9, now it's just an input error.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Completely agree, having that unblockable back would've been great, the major issue is just that it's stupidly slow, both start-up and right before the active frames, I think it worked perfect in MK9, now it's just an input error.
Unfortunately it will never be an unblockable because MoS would just be fucking stupid if it was.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
- Cancelable teleports only really work online, he doesn't need this
- I don't think push back on Telelift is going to help, -51 is punishable full screen.
- Lol wut?! He doesn't necessarily need it, it was just my suggestion which I think would give him another option to force pressure. With the amount of tools Inferno Scorp has, I don't see why not for Ermac! No biggie!
- A pushback/stagger would help his defence a little I feel. Only the fastest start ups would be able to punish fully if it is thrown out. Making it ever so slightly better against a percentage of the cast. Again, just an idea from my standpoint of Ermac GP. :)

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
- Lol wut?! He doesn't necessarily need it, it was just my suggestion which I think would give him another option to force pressure. With the amount of tools Inferno Scorp has, I don't see why not for Ermac! No biggie!
- A pushback/stagger would help his defence a little I feel. Only the fastest start ups would be able to punish fully if it is thrown out. Making it ever so slightly better against a percentage of the cast. Again, just an idea from my standpoint of Ermac GP. :)
Bro. Inferno is Scorp's worst variation. HF4lyfe.