What's new

General/Other - Ermac Pointless Ermac

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
That's what his teleport is. A pressure or poking tool? What?

@Nausea I think there is confusion. The word 'safer' is the wrong word to use, regardless of whatever understanding of it anyone has. The teleport is punishable on block, simple as.

I think what you are referring to is the application of the move, although doing teleport in the neutral to whiff punish a move seems like a dodgey strategy.
Us Scottish folk don't do word well. I think I'm making it worse if you're confused by me, ignore me, I was trying to help but it didn't work lol.

But whiff punishing something with teleport is a fine strategy. Especially when Erron's just using 21122 as a walking wall of doom, teleport's your friend. I think. I don't play Ermac, just an observation I've saw.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
That's what his teleport is. A pressure or poking tool? What?

@Nausea I think there is confusion. The word 'safer' is the wrong word to use, regardless of whatever understanding of it anyone has. The teleport is punishable on block, simple as.

I think what you are referring to is the application of the move, although doing teleport in the neutral to whiff punish a move seems like a dodgey strategy.
Ok. To quell the confusion. DB1/DB4 never safe on block. Ever.
DB1/DB4 to be made safer to attempt requires an optimal spacing game.
I rarely use either of them because of said unsafe-ness but can be used if the occasion/combo calls for it.
It can be a dodgy strat but i'm yolo as fuck sometimes.

Last edited:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
This thread is 3 months too late to change anything. Ermac will remain the same; love him or leave him.
The games not even a year old yet man! Keep the faith that maybe, just maybe some positive buffs may happen!

I love him anyway, faults and all. <3

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Ok. To quell the confusion. DB1/DB4 never safe on block. Ever.
DB1/DB4 to be made safer to attempt requires an optimal spacing game.
I rarely use either of them because of said unsafe-ness but can be used if the occasion/combo calls for it.
It can be a dodgy strat but i'm yolo as fuck sometimes.
English motherfucker, you just spoke it.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Across all Variations.
-Cancelable DB4 at the cost of half stamina.
Game. Changer. Can't even describe how nasty that would be.

I think he's just too honest of a character in a totally dishonest ass game. Stuff he gets is unsafe and other characters get that junk for free, without meter or safely. Reminds me of how good MK9 Liu Kang was but just too honest with Cyrax and Kabal and Sonya floating around.

Wait....that cancelable teleport though....please.

Cancelable teleport like takeda's could make his 50/50s safe depending on the frames. That would definitely be a game changer and make his 50/50 game completely braindead. Be careful of what you wish for.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
UMK3 Lift will always be the best telekinetic lift Ermac ever had, the current ones after the MK Trilogy are all ass, the close second is of course the MK9 version who still combo when meterless, but nothing beats UMK3/Trilogy lift

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
The games not even a year old yet man! Keep the faith that maybe, just maybe some positive buffs may happen!

I love him anyway, faults and all. <3
For the record, I only have a few changes I want for Ermac.

1) Make b124 special cancellable.
2) Make EX Soul Ball -9 on block

*Spectral*
1) Give ex soul charge more pushback on block

*Mystic*
1) Make telepush (bf2) less unsafe on block...not by much, but it needs help.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
For the record, I only have a few changes I want for Ermac.

1) Make b124 special cancellable.
2) Make EX Soul Ball -9 on block

*Spectral*
1) Give ex soul charge more pushback on block

*Mystic*
1) Make telepush (bf2) less unsafe on block...not by much, but it needs help.
Wouldn't making B124 special cancellable be redundant since you already have a launching advancing mid neutral string in F212?

UPR_Nova

Noob
Wouldn't making B124 special cancellable be redundant since you already have a launching advancing mid neutral string in F212?
People tend to not respect the last hit of that string because it knocks pretty much full screen and can't be special cancelled. You can only confirm off that in the corner. In my use, I would be able to stagger pressure with the b124 selection of strings, adding that to his pressure kit. F21d2 launches, yes, but can be armored through. You also get better frames for the poke game off b124. In its current state, I only utilize f21d2 as a punish because I have better stagger off of everything else. Wish I have been more active with this game lately I could give you the exact frames.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
UMK3 Lift will always be the best telekinetic lift Ermac ever had, the current ones after the MK Trilogy are all ass, the close second is of course the MK9 version who still combo when meterless, but nothing beats UMK3/Trilogy lift
Wrong, nothing beats MKD lift.

zaf

professor
People tend to not respect the last hit of that string because it knocks pretty much full screen and can't be special cancelled. You can only confirm off that in the corner. In my use, I would be able to stagger pressure with the b124 selection of strings, adding that to his pressure kit. F21d2 launches, yes, but can be armored through. You also get better frames for the poke game off b124. In its current state, I only utilize f21d2 as a punish because I have better stagger off of everything else. Wish I have been more active with this game lately I could give you the exact frames.
Not respect the last hit of the string ? As in get hit on purpose ?

Why would you ever do this when you can backdash or armor....

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There is a gap between F21 *Here* D2
Woops meant to type F21D2 lol which does have a gap yes, but you can block confirm into F212 which doesn't have a gap and is only -1.
Well F212 is only -1 so you only get 1 extra frame by using B124...

zaf

professor
Woops meant to type F21D2 lol which does have a gap yes, but you can block confirm into F212 which doesn't have a gap and is only -1.

Well F212 is only -1 so you only get 1 extra frame by using B124...

Well I belive that @Big D mentioned to have B124 special cancellable to catch people who pressed a button.

When you stagger B12 and B124, if the opponent gets hit by B124 it means they are trying to press after B12 because they thought it would stop there.
When this happens and the opponent gets hit by B124, ermac basically gets nothing off this. Opponent gets knocked away and we barely get any damage.
Having B124 special cancellable would help in this situation.

I mean we could always do B12~soul ball or teleport on this sort of read.. But then this goes again into why ermac is so weak. He has to commit to things like this. Do a B12~soulball, because you believe the opponent wants to press after B12... If you dont want to commit, do B124 and get nothing for it...