What's new

Question - Johnny Cage Please fix, not buff, SD Johnny Cage

I didnt realize SD had these problems until i tried picking it up after the fisticuffs nerf. His clones disappearing when you get xrayed, randomly not trading and that 114 mid string (more imp to SD) whiffing on crouch as a mid is very frustrating. Among the other issues

I support this thread. Maybe itll get fixed after Cassie (their new golden boy...or girl) gets another buff and scorpion gets his 45th dlc costume

i think there's still room for improvement with sd johnny. like i dunno, ability to MB his db4 to give him more clones or something? I think Johnny as a character is fine, but he is seriously outgunned by the likes of kung lao, et al. What do u guys think?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
i think there's still room for improvement with sd johnny. like i dunno, ability to MB his db4 to give him more clones or something? I think Johnny as a character is fine, but he is seriously outgunned by the likes of kung lao, et al. What do u guys think?
I don't feel outgunned by Kung Lao whatsoever. It's one of the MU's I feel extremely confident in.

If you want to make SDJC really good, then make clone calls, and clone kicks true block strings when you cancel into them. F3~CC~MSK, F3~MSK...Uninterrupted offense...that shit would be awesome.

but you're okay with the cool down and erm.. his two clone ammo? it feels like after dishing out your clones, you turn vanilla. haha

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
but you're okay with the cool down and erm.. his two clone ammo? it feels like after dishing out your clones, you turn vanilla. haha
I've played about 1000 matches, online and offline with this variation and I don't much find myself wishing I had the clones ready a lot. I don't know if that's because I have my offense all felt out and timed out to where I call and they're ready or what. When I don't have them and I know it, my offense differs than when I do have them. Pressure into throws nearly always guarantees a mimic call plus chip. It's not really that bad.

That being said...let's cut the cool down in half and really have some fun. :joker:

got any of your match vids for reference? :) thanks, I got A list on point (i think) fisticuffs will need some buffing so yeah, and i wanna learn how to SD.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
got any of your match vids for reference? :) thanks, I got A list on point (i think) fisticuffs will need some buffing so yeah, and i wanna learn how to SD.
I've used that PS4 share feature to record matches, but for some dumb fucking reason the upload to Youtube ALWAYS fails. Not sure what to do about it.

im all for buffing underrated variations in this game (coz i really appreciate this game), doesnt really matter if its JC or not. But no JC love lately. tsk

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
I'm thinking of jumping ships and picking up JC SD as my main after reading the guide thread and watching videos that show just how fun he is. Haven't taken him to the lab. But after reading op I conncur because that's some bull.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I've kind of lost hope for any fixes. Since barely anyone plays the variation I'm willing to bet there no reason for NRS to put money into him being fixed up. Whatever...I mostly stopped using anything that whiffs at this point anyway.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I've kind of lost hope for any fixes. Since barely anyone plays the variation I'm willing to bet there no reason for NRS to put money into him being fixed up. Whatever...I mostly stopped using anything that whiffs at this point anyway.
The problem is that A LOT of stuff whiffs even when playing A-List...I regularly play against Cassie, and I had to stop using: 1, 11, 114, forceballs EX.
His EX forceballs can be ducked while blocking despite being mids. Any string into EX forceballs has the serious risk to whiff when you play against a small character.

His standing 1 gets ducked even if the opponent is low blocking by every character. It must be the worst standing 1 in the game, almost useless against anyone who knows the matchup.
114 is 100% useless, totally unreliable.

Johnny needs some fixes asap

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
There is still one more patch, don't lose hope yet.

If they dont fix some of these mids whiffing its going to look really bad on their part, especially if they ignore them in favor of more buffs/nerfs.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
There is still one more patch, don't lose hope yet.

If they dont fix some of these mids whiffing its going to look really bad on their part, especially if they ignore them in favor of more buffs/nerfs.
I fucking hope so. I've actively started looking into new mains and I really don't want to have to switch.

Noob
ctrl+f mimic EX Shadow Kick does 11% while non-mimic EX Shadow Kick does 12%

No results found.
Damage discrepancy doesn't happen for regular Shadow Kick, regular Rising Shadow, or EX Rising Shadow. Surprised nobody's mentioned it.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
ctrl+f mimic EX Shadow Kick does 11% while non-mimic EX Shadow Kick does 12%

No results found.
Damage discrepancy doesn't happen for regular Shadow Kick, regular Rising Shadow, or EX Rising Shadow. Surprised nobody's mentioned it.
No one plays him on PC. You're probably the first. Gratz!

Ryncage

Noob
Not sure if you guys have noticed or not, but being respectful and brining reasonable issues to light with sensible suggested fixes doesnt get you anywhere.

Unless you get literal hundreds of people repeatedly shitting the bed about your characters problems, and nrs doesnt hate your charatcer in particular, then MAYBE youll see a patch or two. And said patches may not even adress all your problems.
In anycase, heres hoping your issues get fixed ever. Godspeed and goodluck.

n1kosh

Train harder
5. Hitting 1,1,3 canceled into mimic rising shadow is seemingly hitbox dependent. This we understand. The odd thing is that against the characters it works with, it works infrequently. This does not seem to be a spacing issues. Oddly enough for some characters, 113~MRS will connect when JC is on the player 2 side, and never when is on the player 1 side. Very odd indeed.
I use 113xxExMRSxxRUNxx113xxExMRSxxRUNxx214 or f244 or d4
-
after ExMRS you can use RUNxxd4 or 443 or f244 for mixup
- it deals large amounts of damage through block
- also this is good mix\up

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I use 113xxExMRSxxRUNxx113xxExMRSxxRUNxx214 or f244 or d4
-
after ExMRS you can use RUNxxd4 or 443 or f244 for mixup
- it deals large amounts of damage through block
- also this is good mix\up
Huh?

I dont see what this has to do with #5 on my post. EXMRS still has a tendency to whiff.

You can get way more damage on block with 333 instead of 113. Not to mention there's a big giant hole after 113 that they can armor through.

What mix up?