What's new

Question - Johnny Cage Please fix, not buff, SD Johnny Cage

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Dear @colt

Stunt Double Johnny Cage has issues. The Johnny Cage community has been very quiet during the, "BUFF MY CHARACTER!" crisis. We quietly enjoy our underrated character and collectively feel he needs no buffs. We hope this fact may be seen as respectful towards the designer(s) of this fine game.

However, we have noticed that SD Johnny(and possibly Fisty and A-list) has a few issues/bugs that might need ironed out for him to be the best character he can be. Below is a short list we compiled.

1. We've noticed that his mimic shadows disappear after being parried or x-rayed. It's been noticed that no other character loses their "active trait" when they are parried or x-rayed. Is this a bug, or was it intended? If intended, so be it. We will adapt and overcome.

2. 1,1,4 is marked as a high, mid, mid. We've noticed that it's possible for a crouched character to let go of block before the last mid comes out, causing it to whiff. Even point blank. This is detrimental to SDJC. 1,1,4 canceled into mimic gains him the most amount of plus frames. We would love to not be afraid to use it. Whiffing it most certainly leads to punishment.

3. B3, a mid, also tends to whiff sometimes on some crouching characters.

4. It's been noted that sometimes during a trade of mimic shadow kick and the opponents projectile, that if the opponents projectile hits Johnny first, the mimic shadow kick sometimes whiffs. As if the hitbox was turned off the moment Johnny was hit. This doesn't always seem to happen, and we cant consistently make it happen, but it does happen.

5. Hitting 1,1,3 canceled into mimic rising shadow is seemingly hitbox dependent. This we understand. The odd thing is that against the characters it works with, it works infrequently. This does not seem to be a spacing issues. Oddly enough for some characters, 113~MRS will connect when JC is on the player 2 side, and never when is on the player 1 side. Very odd indeed.

There you have it. Whether it be a binge drinking, living room brawl with your buddies, or grand finals at EVO, viability requires consistency. We need Johnny "consistent" Cage!

With much love and respect,

The Johnny Cage Community

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Just to add that reversal shadowkick is actually slower by a frame or 2 with mimic up. Green shadowkick will punish some things that yellow will not!

Audit

Falls down too much
I hate those whiny buff/nerf fix threads, but this is all class are fixes that are needed.

Espio

Kokomo
This is a great thread. Johnny is awesome, just a couple of quality of life changes, nothing too crazy. Only thing I would add is 1,2,1 not being duckable on the last hit since it's labelled a mid as well, but 1,1,4 alone would be a big deal to help with tick throws and the aforementioned points you stated.

Frosted 57

Reforming Lurker
This list is fair as far as fixes go. Another thing that annoys me is that Ex Forceballs in Fisticuffs and A-List the second hit can whiff against some crouch blocking characters even at close range; haven't tested the whole cast but I know it happens against D'Vorah.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
after the last buff JC thread where the user wanted JC to be Dvorah I was ready to pounce...... But every point you made where the same complaints as mine and Kano also has the issue of Mids randomly not being mids its annoying

My JC is so incomplete that I have no right to be specific, but I play a lot of characters and lets say I dont see his victory pose a whole lot ha

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
My JC is so incomplete that I have no right to be specific, but I play a lot of characters and lets say I dont see his victory pose a whole lot ha
Perfect...You don't know Johnny, so what buffs could you possibly ask for? Your irresponsible requests reflect half of the TYM user base. You're all the reason serious buffs, nerfs, and fixes get overlooked and go unimplemented. I'd appreciate it if you would keep your nonsense out of this thread. This isn't a god damn buff thread.

Perfect...You don't know Johnny, so what buffs could you possibly ask for? Your irresponsible requests reflect half of the TYM user base. You're all the reason serious buffs, nerfs, and fixes get overlooked and go unimplemented. I'd appreciate it if you would keep your nonsense out of this thread. This isn't a god damn buff thread.
A buff to his d2 and his f4 to be a bit better.