What's new

Guide - Stunt Double Please delete this thread, as I don't know how & I've made a new and much better one

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Must be PC specific then, since its not hard. Don't kill yourself over it. Only found it trying to do 2 quick shadow kicks to jail, like you said. Also, you can exdb1, run cancel closer, then have that clone go into shadow kick, then apply more pressure! 3 hit combo instead of 2! Wonder how long it'll take NRS to even notice.
> : D
Calling ed boon right now. XD hahaha

Biologic

Noob
Idk, it'll take most people a bit to get adjusted enough to consistently armor it. It does call into question how useful it'll be tournament-wise though.
Considering you don't have to do it everytime, or could just do it off a poke & not even a string to mix it up, I still think it's viable, also, mimic shadow kick does infact Jail & leave you +frames, Kung lows spin can't get me after it

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Yep, so it seems you can mixup what moves you're going to get the clones out of. They might look for the 114, but if you start cancelling f2's or f24's most people won't be ready to just armor that if you've been using those to apply safe pressure.

Wrath0594

Also going to sleep now. Thanks so much for sharing this tech with us btw. I'm wondering how much I should experiment with the weird crap I found with the 2 move clone control, since I have no idea if it's intentional or not :'(
I really want to abuse it though.

Biologic

Noob
Yep, so it seems you can mixup what moves you're going to get the clones out of. They might look for the 114, but if you start cancelling f2's or f24's most people won't be ready to just armor that if you've been using those to apply safe pressure.
Yup, confirmed still godly, see if you can find any more cancel combos, seriously being able to get mimic on during combos would be so helpful <3

Wrath0594

Aw man, Biologic, you're going to hate me even more tomorrow. Guna upload some more then. You can run ahead of the exdb1, then have it bf4 from behind you, then jail with your other mimic's bf4.

Also just got it to go into clone upper and the ex out out of shadow kick! Apparently ex clone upper into ex clone upper into ex clone upper into clone upper also works...
PLEASE BE INTENTIONAL!!! Full screen block pressure!

Watch this shit be just my PC failing or something X'D

Last edited:

Biologic

Noob
Aw man, Biologic, you're going to hate me even more tomorrow. Guna upload some more then. You can run ahead of the exdb1, then have it bf4 from behind you, then jail with your other mimic's bf4.

Also just got it to go into clone upper and the ex out out of shadow kick! Apparently ex clone upper into ex clone upper into ex clone upper into clone upper also works...
PLEASE BE INTENTIONAL!!! Full screen block pressure!

Watch this shit be just my PC failing or something X'D
If this is legit Cage is a god. Any specific inputs you might be doing that I'm not?

Wrath0594

If this is legit Cage is a god. Any specific inputs you might be doing that I'm not?
Nope, just mashing ex db1 right now. Doesn't even need to hit to cancel. I can have the one clone do 3 ex db1's in a row to the other side of the screen. Only works with the first clone, not the second. Can also have him ascend to space by mashing it hard enough so he cancels out of the air. Mk9 sindel intercepts

Really starting to feel like Eddy from Guilty Gear here.

Monox1de

Noob
I am assuming that this double shadow kick thing working on PC and not console has something to do with the PC version not having any of the console versions updates??
pretty sure PC doesn't even have 1.02 yet...they have been working soley on bug fixes and optimizations as far as i know..Some one asked them when we would get 1.02 but no one has answered as far as i know??? 1.03 is coming may5th with jason and if we don't have 1.02 yet how the fuck does that work??

literally PC has had 0 patches that had to do with content because they are still making the game work (which should have been done and tested repeatedly before release)

My best guess is some one saw this and reported it and it was patched on the console versions. That same patch has not been released on PC yet.

pretty lame because now everyone who is playing on PC could be practicing shit that is already patched out of the game.

Wrath0594

My best guess is some one saw this and reported it and it was patched on the console versions. That same patch has not been released on PC yet.

pretty lame because now everyone who is playing on PC could be practicing shit that is already patched out of the game.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

It's not even broken!

I haven't even had time to come up with ways to abuse this!!!
Plz no, NRS!

Monox1de

Noob
Yeah i can do it on PC as well... so this legitimately only works on PC version???? I'm sick of not having a fully up to date version of the game on top of all the mother fucking bugs and features that don't work as well as the game not being optimized which i feel is killing the PC online community?

Pretty fucking depressing.

Monox1de

Noob
Repeatedly using 1bar to continue the rising shadow won't be worth it but the meterless version may have been... I wish there were official patch notes detailing all the so called "fixes" or "changes" that were made to the console versions. PC has NO patches that changed anything from day 1. Everything is still in the game i believe. If that liu kang infinite has been patched out on console i would assume it's still in the game on PC.
Stuff like this is frustrating and makes me feel like my money is worth less than others because i can't justify buying a console with inferior hardware.

Wrath0594

Repeatedly using 1bar to continue the rising shadow won't be worth it but the meterless version may have been... I wish there were official patch notes detailing all the so called "fixes" or "changes" that were made to the console versions. PC has NO patches that changed anything from day 1. Everything is still in the game i believe. If that liu kang infinite has been patched out on console i would assume it's still in the game on PC.
Stuff like this is frustrating and makes me feel like my money is worth less than others because i can't justify buying a console with inferior hardware.
Yeah, it's annoying. Darn. Meterless full screen shadow kick is pretty sweet, not to mention shadow kick into ex db1 for a full screen lock, that you can run cancel into a final shadow kick if you want. Hold them still until you get to them. Shame it'll prolly be patched, but I'm still holding out hope that maybe Biologic just really sucks at it or his controller is busted or something.

I feel most depressed about losing this tech just for how fun it is, not even for its effectiveness. Just having the ability to be a puppet master and chosing to manipulate your shadow for longer instead of rushing down feels so badass! I don't even see the harm in keeping it, since it only works with the first clone and you can only do one extra move without meter, but w/e.
:'((((

Also 100% agreement on the PC stuff. The netcode is pretty alright as long as you stick to your region, but the optimization is definitely trash. What do they care when they got all that console cash coming in? Have the unpaid interns work on the PC port, I guess.

Monox1de

Noob
If i'm not mistaken it already doesn't work on console so there is no question about it. The next time we get some update on MKX PC it will probably be gone.

this definitely is a help to his pressure. you can now actually jail them with a true mid after a jump in (b3,4) and mimic into pressure or a combo int he corner/actually use f3 as legitimate pressure tool in footsie range thats + on block after a mimic cancel shadow kick. also works with d4, mimic cancel etc.

the only thing is i really wish they'd add a guilty gear little eddie style meter so you know when you can summon the clones again because if you misjudge the cooldown and youre trying to mimic cancel on block it can get annoying

example to show how it works since someone asked, all credit to biologic

god damn i wish you could do jump in b34, mimic, and have a shadow uppercut combo midscreen (youre too far away for it to reach)...i think it doesnt work because the first clone has less range thna the second. might actually be why they decided to do that to prevent this from comboing