What's new

please change the Brutality Requirements

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
hi i am kinda new here ^^
(sorry i am german so please dont kill me for my english xD)
i searched the last 4 pages and didnt found a topic like this
(so dont be mad if this is actually a topic anywhere ^^)

i play mkx since release here and there almost only practice mode xD (because online sucks) but with the upcoming netcode patch i am hyped as if this game gets first released again because now there is an actual reason to play this game. (no local scene ... or only casuals sucks ...)

i am from tekken but mkx aesthetics got me bad
the brutalitys are the best feature ever introduced since my mk2 snes times (best mk till mkx)
while a comboender into a brutal-finisher? pure design gold
(cant wait for kombat pack 2!)
(cant wait to see this in HD on my 55tv)

so now you kinda get my background
i basically love them

i main jason just because he is my murderer since my childhood
(cornerV2: OH f2,bf3,d1,b122,111,XR - low f42,f42,b3,bf3,111,XR looks so cool xD - i just say this so you know i am not a total casual ^^)
now the downside (the threads reason)
i (as almost everyone) started with slasher and his brutality is a perfect example for a great requirement for a brutality use 1 meter and hold up to trigger(!) it
exbf3 not comparable but ok
and the x-ray not even close :(
V1: is super stupid it needs to be final round and(!) after resurrection
V3: needs to be in his "murderer" stance doable but still to much requirement in my eyes honestly

so if i am in an actual match against a person most brutalitys cant be pulled on will, that is sad design to me. (i guess i did all brutalitys in the game just because they are so cool)

i really like the idea to hold a direction or a button after the initial hit that always gives you the option(!) to not kill someone if you dont want to. (control is always cool i mean i want to play as the fighter and i do sometimes not want to kill my opponent but still get my most damage ender - sub zeros f42L1 is a example where you dont have the freedom)

exbf3 can stay its possible to get it in a real fight
the xray should changed into "stay holding R2" to trigger it for example
i mean lets be serious, a xray on high level is rare for good reasons
how will you hit with these requirements? who wastes 3 bars of meter for a random xray? because it is super random to get that brutality to work.
V1 is also unnecessary locked behind a requirement wall - last round, death and not much life left to get it. why not just d,bf1 hold 1+2? V3 also...

sad if they dont change them. many (not just jason) will never be seen or super rare online against real persons playing to win and not to show brutalitys

also i watch a lot e-sports and man kung laos throw brutality is sick but it looks like this game doesnt have more (this game has around 200!)

i play more slasher also(!) because i can build in a brutality really doable

please NRS dont hide your design master peace(!) on such unnecessary requirements :(
(i actually noticed that they changed some a little bit since release - i remember kenshis 224 was behind a stupid wall - they changed it for the better. that give me so much hope for the hole thread actually)

ps: i would buy brutality dlc btw xD
jasons exdb1 air throw into a real blood explosion like mkx has the asset for (like the ferra torrs tackle)
his slasher throw cuts the head in half (also already assets in the game)
etc...
pps: i actually wanted to make this thread way earlier but with no online i didnt feel i need to.
but we all know this will change soon
ppps: god damn please change the brutality from sub zeros f42L1 OMG this is so bad
i wish after he stabs him in the head he would slice his knife down and he would fall into two peaces (but lets be serious ^^ V2 d,b,2 needs to be a brutality! - btw subs zero has some of the best brutalitys in the game in terms of style art and unique animations - the ice shatter one is so sick. watch how he freezes and shrinks down - pure design gold ^^)
pppps: was this to much text?

In my humble opinion the only character whose brutality requirements need to be changed is Goro's Stomp..

Seriously who the phuck attempts to block Goro's Stomp? Ever?? No literally any saneraio it makes no sense to ever block when he goes up, people dash, they mash specials, they jump, they armor, they could even panic & just press buttons end up taking the hit- but No One, NO ONE No one ever blocks when he goes into the air. Idc how unpredictable you do it, idc at what point during a frame trap or block string or as a complete random move, anytime Goro goes into the air, they'll do anything but block...

Or buff Ex Stomp & make it unreasonably faster lol ;)

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I think they are fine. Jasons are not that hard at all to get. It goes back to the days when you had to WORK to get a finisher in MK. Remember the Kintaro morph from MK2? Yea, finishers used to be crazy hard to get. I like the challenge.

Matix218

Get over here!
Yes, it was.

I understand your frustration though. There alot of brutalities with insanely difficult requirements. But that's kind of the point. The easy brutalities get boring quickly.
^this, as an example just think about how sick of kung laos throw brutality you are (since it seems to happen like 95% of the times a kung lao wins...)

The rare ones are kept cool due to the fact you don't get to see them to often. If anything I think they should add more requirements to the absurdly easy ones tbh

Lokheit

Noob
Couldn't read the whole thing (more than the amount of text, I'd say it's how there is no points, comas or space between paragraphs while lines end abruptly) but I agree that Cryo's fatality should require an input, it's one of the least brutal brutalities and you're forced to perform it as part of your BnBs even if you don't want to see it.

Skedar70

Noob
I think Jason brutality aren't that hard to do. Its better to keep some requirements because the easy brutal s get boring quickly. Example, Kung lao throw. The brutality is soo good but yet you see it soo often that it has become boring.

Ashesfall

Seriously who the phuck attempts to block Goro's Stomp? Ever?? No literally any saneraio it makes no sense to ever block when he goes up, people dash, they mash specials, they jump, they armor, they could even panic & just press buttons end up taking the hit- but No One, NO ONE No one ever blocks when he goes into the air. Idc how unpredictable you do it, idc at what point during a frame trap or block string or as a complete random move, anytime Goro goes into the air, they'll do anything but block...
perfect example for the hole point of my thread yeah

Remember the Kintaro morph from MK2?
of course i remember best game in my childhood xD

wastes of developer time most people wont see any of them because locked behind a krypt wall and crazy requirements
i mean sure you guys here know the crazy little details but you are on a different level
(this game still has hidden stuff!)

how sick when those random casuals watching twitch tv will see more sick brutalitys?
its a hype factor why hiding it? everyone will love them in some way

edit: sorry for the long post wont happen again i am to passioned about mkx xD

Last edited:

Ashesfall

I think Jason brutality aren't that hard to do. Its better to keep some requirements because the easy brutal s get boring quickly. Example, Kung lao throw. The brutality is soo good but yet you see it soo often that it has become boring.
yeah but this is actually the problem

in a real competitive game you wont see more
and by lowering the requirements i dont mean make them all to throws. i never said that!

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Jason's X-ray brutality pisses me off because it is basically impossible to pull of against a good player. My only complaint about the back-breaker brutality in Unstoppable is that it shouldn't have to be in the last round. His bf3 brutality is one of my favorite brutalities in the game and an awesome reference to a classic scene.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Johnny Cage A-List Brutality. That is all...
I will admit, that is nearly impossible to pull off.
*Completely impossible.
In the new update you can do a combo into MB throw, the restand, and do a combo into a brutality from there. Basically, it lets you have a free restand into brutality for ones that require the opponent be standing, which alot of them do. This also means that you may have enough time to charge the flip kick if you can pull of the combo into MB throw. also, can you not get away with nut punch ender into full charge? I havent tried it but id assume that you can catch someone off guard that way too at least for chip out, which should still give the brutal

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I also came to say that the only thing I hate about A-List is how literally impossible his brutality is to pull off against any human opponent who has both a brain and arms. Shit sucks and they need to make it at least slightly easier to hit, and/or give him more.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I agree with this. Reptile literally has only one brutality that you could truly fish for. The others require existing conditions to happen that frankly, due to Reptile's meter dependency, aren't actually practical.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I agree with this. Reptile literally has only one brutality that you could truly fish for. The others require existing conditions to happen that frankly, due to Reptile's meter dependency, aren't actually practical.
I've fished for the deceptive brutal a few times. It's probably the easiest one to pull off even with the meter requirements

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
bf2 ex and spit aren´t that hard.

Secret spit Brutality is the coolest one anyways :>