What's new

please change the Brutality Requirements

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
they didn´t change it, but it´s not that hard. You can activate dd3 after every combo :)
That's simple. The hard part is either landing a raw exbf2, unwise, or opening them up and landing an exbf2 in a standing combo. As far as I know exbf2 doesn't recapture, most brutals don't trigger unless your opponent has both feet on the ground, and a lot of Reptiles combos launch his opponent. All while not getting poked out of funk.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
In the new update you can do a combo into MB throw, the restand, and do a combo into a brutality from there. l
very interesting
do we know how big the window is you have time to input a move?
i wonder if throw MB into exbf3 from jason will work
probably not on a 27frame move

Skedar70

Noob
very interesting
Sure you can do it if they don't block or duck after the re stand I don't think any character can continue the combo after a meter burn throw. If you wan't to do the backthrow brutality you can combo using B121 RC B121 11 back breaker, after you have resurrected in unstoppable. I don't think the requirements are that hard and if you did the come back with unstoppable you should always go for this brutality.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Well I think(if you wanted my opinion) that buffing Jason's brutals(no one really uses him anyway) would be kinda pointless(meaning they shouldn't do it) unless they buff the character(to a useable level). It would however be exciting(as a spectator) to see these brutalities performed(in a tournament setting) as it would be something I haven't seen before(!)

Agilaz

It has begun
In my humble opinion the only character whose brutality requirements need to be changed is Goro's Stomp..

Seriously who the phuck attempts to block Goro's Stomp? Ever?? No literally any saneraio it makes no sense to ever block when he goes up, people dash, they mash specials, they jump, they armor, they could even panic & just press buttons end up taking the hit- but No One, NO ONE No one ever blocks when he goes into the air. Idc how unpredictable you do it, idc at what point during a frame trap or block string or as a complete random move, anytime Goro goes into the air, they'll do anything but block...

Or buff Ex Stomp & make it unreasonably faster lol ;)
You are so wrong.

There are definitely ways to land it somewhat consistently. Of course you'll need to make sure your opponent is blocking, but it's not difficult to MAKE them block. One of my favourite setups for this one is to cancel a blocked 11/121/F3/21 into ex stomp. If they block, they'll usually be unable to react to an 13f unblockable.

EDIT: To prove a point, I tried doing this in a match I played right after making this post. Will post upload soon.

EDIT 2: Here.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
No making brutalities easy is boring. Look what happened to fatalities, they made the window where you can do it WAY too long and easy fatalities, and now fatalities aren't hype at all, in fact, they are FUCKING BORING, keep brutalities hard, reward people for going after the insane requirements to actually get them. If they were easy they would be boring. Hell the ones that are easy are boring. Why? 99% of the fun of a brutality is the challenge and the pay off is amazing, if you take away that challenge then it becomes "meh"

Agilaz

It has begun
No making brutalities easy is boring. Look what happened to fatalities, they made the window where you can do it WAY too long and easy fatalities, and now fatalities aren't hype at all, in fact, they are FUCKING BORING, keep brutalities hard, reward people for going after the insane requirements to actually get them. If they were easy they would be boring. Hell the ones that are easy are boring. Why? 99% of the fun of a brutality is the challenge and the pay off is amazing, if you take away that challenge then it becomes "meh"
are you saying kung lao's throw brutality is boring?

no, you wouldn't, would you? :DOGE

Ashesfall

good points
i also wanted the finish him time to be back like in the beginning (very short)
i mean we have easy fatals now so why not? EDIT: not that i use them lol but for casuals i mean

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Sure you can do it if they don't block or duck after the re stand I don't think any character can continue the combo after a meter burn throw. If you wan't to do the backthrow brutality you can combo using B121 RC B121 11 back breaker, after you have resurrected in unstoppable. I don't think the requirements are that hard and if you did the come back with unstoppable you should always go for this brutality.
you are not understanding.

if you MB throw at the end of the match, you can follow up after the mb throw and do another combo, into a brutal if you would like. This only works at the end of a match, under normal circumstances they are able to duck or block, but after the game is over and its brutality time you are able to mb throw and follow that up. in theory you could spend all 3 bars doing a combo into MB throw over and over just to troll , but i havent tried doing that.

All that this change does is make it easier to do certain brutalities that have annoying requirements, such as reptiles tongue attack brutal. Its a high that hits for like 2-3% and you have to do it to a standing opponent for it to work. Now youll be able to do some full combo at the end ofthe match into mb throw into the b1 tongue attack brutal.

very interesting
Currently MB throw leaves you at +25 i believe, though they may adjust the advantage even further during post match brutality time.

so for Jasons EXBF3 you wouldnt be able to do MB throw into raw EX BF3, but you could do MB throw into like 11~EXBF3, essentially any string that will cancel into and combo off of it works fine. so then you can do your b112 or f42 combos in slasher into MB throw then string~brutal.

Skedar70

Noob
you are not understanding.

if you MB throw at the end of the match, you can follow up after the mb throw and do another combo, into a brutal if you would like. This only works at the end of a match, under normal circumstances they are able to duck or block, but after the game is over and its brutality time you are able to mb throw and follow that up. in theory you could spend all 3 bars doing a combo into MB throw over and over just to troll , but i havent tried doing that.

All that this change does is make it easier to do certain brutalities that have annoying requirements, such as reptiles tongue attack brutal. Its a high that hits for like 2-3% and you have to do it to a standing opponent for it to work. Now youll be able to do some full combo at the end ofthe match into mb throw into the b1 tongue attack brutal.

Currently MB throw leaves you at +25 i believe, though they may adjust the advantage even further during post match brutality time.

so for Jasons EXBF3 you wouldnt be able to do MB throw into raw EX BF3, but you could do MB throw into like 11~EXBF3, essentially any string that will cancel into and combo off of it works fine. so then you can do your b112 or f42 combos in slasher into MB throw then string~brutal.

Ooohhh Niceeeee really? so you can restand them to do brutal that requires a standing opponent. How long can you move before it says finish him and you can no longer brutal? Only the +25 frames? I gotta try this. Is this in the beta or already in the game?

Ashesfall

only 25? its really nice i mean if it would be +80 i could do exdd3,exd,b,f,2 xD
(that would actually look really sick in terms of style level xD)
but i am greatfull for this new option they give us
it shows me they know brutalitys are a very loved feature

(80 frames is a little bit over a second if someone is not familiar)

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Ooohhh Niceeeee really? so you can restand them to do brutal that requires a standing opponent. How long can you move before it says finish him and you can no longer brutal? Only the +25 frames? I gotta try this. Is this in the beta or already in the game?
Like i said, you get to do a full combo after the MB throw. there is no window before finish him, finish him is still gonna happen if you drop your combo after the MB throw or you take too long to hit them, 25 frames. it is in the beta, however most of the brutalities are locked in the beta, but you can still try it even if the brutals in the beta dont really need it.

essentially do your end game combo into MB throw and then do your brutality combo, hitting whatever requirements you need or leaving them standing if needed.

so for example SR takeda can do full combo, b12~exp spear b12~tele Mb throw into 212 for the brutality. (its not in the beta tho, only throw brutal is)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I'll agree that brutalities shouldn't be easy to do. You should have to work to do them. However I do think they should feel smooth in execution. I shouldn't be forced to go out of my way for a brutal. I should just have to alter my gameplan a little bit more. For example all of Takeda's feel natural to pull off. Liu Kang's parry brutal is cool because it means you've made the read, you've earned this brutal.

Stuff like Reptile's are just annoying requirement wise to the player. If they let certain brutals trigger even if your opponent is in a juggle state that would help make a lot of brutals smoother but not easier. Just consistent. Stuff like Jason's, relentless, feel like they're punishing the player for winning.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
IMO all brutalities should be special move/combo string + one more button to perform brutalities not pre-requisites such as performing certain move number of times or having certain amount of health.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I agree on some of the brutalities.

Honestly, the only brutal requirement they should change is the specific quad slam in Wrestler Jax.

I still, to this day have not been able to perform that brutality.

By far, the hardest one in the game to do in a real match.

#SlowFingerProblems

Ashesfall

some NRS stuff had to read this thread
so many stuff changed in XL i ask for (probably coincidence)
- Jason XRay needs now 2 steps instead of 4
- Slasher throw is a Brutal now
- throw meterburn extend for brutals (makes exbf3 brutal combo able)

thanks NRS for caring about this topic
great game
(please add a rotten jason outfit)