What's new

Playstation buys Evo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Has their been any info on how EVO is going to be handled now after this? Like is Sony taking full control and hiring their own people? Or are they gonna let the same people run it (minus MrPerv obv)? Or maybe a bit of both (again minus the Perv Wizard).

At any rate, hopefully now some games/communities will be treated with respect instead of treated as red headed step children of the FGC. Not by the players, because we will always be treated that way. Because for some reason, a lot of people in the FGC have this bizarre delusion that being a top player in NRS games is “easy” (to be clear, NRS games may” be easier to play, as in not as complex or deep as some other FG’s, but even if that was the case, that doesn’t mean it’s easier to become a top player than it is in other FG’s. A VERY common misconception). Even though this has been proven to be demonstrably false (that it’s easy to become a top player in NRS games), because despite their best efforts, they have failed over and over to prove it. Not only that, one of OUR top players actually HAS gone into multiple of THEIR games and actually DID become one of the best players (SoFox in DBFZ and MvCI and maybe other games).

Slight tangent, but at this point, I don’t understand this narrative still existing, but it definitely does. And speaking of which, it didn’t help that EVO was a prime catalyst that perpetuated this very narrative (and subsequently effected the behavior and attitude of players towards NRS games and our community) with how awful they treated us comparatively speaking.

Hopefully that will change for the better now, but I guess we will see.

Also to be super clear, I really don’t care if the rest of the FGC dislikes us or thinks it’s easy to become a top player and/or win in our games. They are completely entitled to that demonstrably wrong opinion. My issue is actual tournaments, TO’s, etc, treating us poorly, especially when it comes to the most notable annual major of FG’s (EVO, in case someone was lost). The players can have whatever opinion they want of us, as long as tournaments treat us fairly and with respect, that’s all that matters to me. And to add yet another disclaimer, I’m not suggesting that I (or we) treat other games or players poorly. The vast majority of our actual players are very courteous and welcoming. But if someone is shitting on our games, our players, and our community, they will likely be met with the equal amount of disdain. If you are courteous, 99% of our actual community will return the same amount of courtesy.