What's new

Players like REO and CDjr aren't that much better than the average scrub (NOT a troll thread)

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Before people blow me up, this thread is just for fun...numbers like these always interested me and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it too

The top players may be amazing, but once you make them relative to the rest of this planet, we can see that we're not that far behind.
I just did some basic math. To make things simple I used 6,000,000,000 as the Earth's population.

Top players (REO, CDjr, PL)
are better than 99.9999998% of people on Earth - This amounts to be about 12 people on this Earth that they can lose to (This may be more or less but it's just for math's sake)

Where I think I stand (along with the "good but not top" players)
Better than 99.999998% of people on Earth - lose to about 120 people (I think it's less but again for Math's sake)

The Average Scrub
is better than 99.99999% of people on Earth - They lose to about 6000 people, and you have to be pretty damn scrubby to lose to 6000 in this game.

So the next time you're feeling emo and thinking you suck, remember that in terms of percentages, you aren't that far from being as good as the EVO champ ;)

BookBurning

Voidwards
It's all relative to the scene though, in this case you can't use the world because the entire world doesn't play Mortal Kombat.

It's all effort, if you want to be good and practice X hours a day you'll most likely be able to always beat someone who doesn't or practices less and even though, let's say you win your games by half a health bar every single time, that is still an Ocean better than your opponent. The effort it takes to get to that level equates increasing in skill in small increments so.. In a way they are much much better than everyone. Even worse, when you do get to a higher level you progress slower in alot of ways.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion on what alot of people is numerically and how much a difference in skill is relative to each player. :p

Thanks man, I was just about cut myself because I thought I wasn't good at MK, thank god I'm still relevant, and my life has meaning now because of MK, I don't know what I would do without MK.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
Those aren't stats. They are just percentages that you pulled out of your ass, no matter how close to the "truth" they may be.

Compare apples to apples.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
The problem is that you are accounting for 6,000.000,000 people 99.9999999% of which don't even play this game. You'd have to sample actual numbers of players. And in terms of skill gap reo and jr are insanely better than any average player.

Grumptronix

Fuck off, I'm not grumpy
The problem is that you are accounting for 6,000.000,000 people 99.9999999% of which don't even play this game. You'd have to sample actual numbers of players. And in terms of skill gap reo and jr are insanely better than any average player.
Nothing gets passed you, does it?

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Oh and before people blow me up, this thread is just for fun...statistics like these always interested me and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it too
Oh, and good shit on your win against Dizzy yesterday.