What's new

Play DOOM Eternal

@Plays2_MX That looks fantastic!

I got the new patch as well, but of course it doesn't add any new graphics modes to my Xbox One X version. A year or so down the road when I pick up an Xbox Series X, then I'll be able to do 1800p (upscaled to 4K) with Ray Tracing, and I'm looking forward to that.

I actually recently finished a third playthrough of the game, Main Campaign and both DLC; my second time on Ultra-Violence.

I'm really pleased with how well my gameplay and combat flow have improved. In the main Campaign, I finished with 9 Extra Lives in reserve, and didn't need to use Sentinel Armour once to pass a boss. Traditionally, I've need Sentinel Armour against the Khan Makyr and Icon of Sin and have squat for Extra Lives left.

For the DLC, the Seraphim is still beyond me without Sentinel Armour, but all other levels I was floating a least one Extra Life for much of it. I also died several times in the later parts of the Dark Lord battle, but finally did it.

My movement, quick switching, and equipment use have greatly improved.

@Plays2_MX That looks fantastic!

I got the new patch as well, but of course it doesn't add any new graphics modes to my Xbox One X version. A year or so down the road when I pick up an Xbox Series X, then I'll be able to do 1800p (upscaled to 4K) with Ray Tracing, and I'm looking forward to that.

I actually recently finished a third playthrough of the game, Main Campaign and both DLC; my second time on Ultra-Violence.

I'm really pleased with how well my gameplay and combat flow have improved. In the main Campaign, I finished with 9 Extra Lives in reserve, and didn't need to use Sentinel Armour once to pass a boss. Traditionally, I've need Sentinel Armour against the Khan Makyr and Icon of Sin and have squat for Extra Lives left.

For the DLC, the Seraphim is still beyond me without Sentinel Armour, but all other levels I was floating a least one Extra Life for much of it. I also died several times in the later parts of the Dark Lord battle, but finally did it.

My movement, quick switching, and equipment use have greatly improved.
Nice! The more you master the gameplay, the more you'll enjoy the game. And there's a guy in YT called SmvR. That guy is a monster playing Doom Eternal on Ultra Nightmare on PS4. I learned most of his stuff and applied that with the PC version (He also has a PC UN run, he's nuts).

EDIT: Oh, and the Taras Nabad Master Level is nuts. Doom Eternal is screaming for a horde mode after playing that master level.

Nice! The more you master the gameplay, the more you'll enjoy the game. And there's a guy in YT called SmvR. That guy is a monster playing Doom Eternal on Ultra Nightmare on PS4. I learned most of his stuff and applied that with the PC version (He also has a PC UN run, he's nuts).

EDIT: Oh, and the Taras Nabad Master Level is nuts. Doom Eternal is screaming for a horde mode after playing that master level.
I may try the main Campaign on Nightmare at some point, though not the DLC yet. Ultra-Nightmare, a perma-death state, is a game mode I personally won't play for any game. That's personally not my thing.

I may try the main Campaign on Nightmare at some point, though not the DLC yet. Ultra-Nightmare, a perma-death state, is a game mode I personally won't play for any game. That's personally not my thing.
I only did UN on both DLCs. The campaign is a chore tho and I always die on Exultia .

On another note, whoever designed that part with 2 shielded Archviles on the Taras Nabad Master Level deserves to step on Legos for a full day!

I only did UN on both DLCs. The campaign is a chore tho and I always die on Exultia .

On another note, whoever designed that part with 2 shielded Archviles on the Taras Nabad Master Level deserves to step on Legos for a full day!
I'm not sure if you watch Hugo Martin's streams, but they've been warning about that Archvile room for months now. Apparently it's toned down from what it originally was.

Zviko

Noob
I can't wait to play Taras Nabad Master Level as well but I really want to finish TAG1 UN first. I was hoping to finish it before the release and failed but because I'm stubborn af which I hate, I have to do it now before I move on.

I'm not sure if you watch Hugo Martin's streams, but they've been warning about that Archvile room for months now. Apparently it's toned down from what it originally was.
It was still interesting to play that part lmao. After dying like 5 times there are 2 ways to kill the Archviles: 2 BFG shots or kill both Tyrants and that will make both shields disappear. The last arena is insane tho, almost 10 minutes of non-stop demon killing.

EDIT: I also recommend saving both 2 Crucible shots and 2 BFG cells to shut down those archvilles quick. That brought PTSD memories from Map 11 from Plutonia.

Last edited: