What's new

General/Other Pig Of the Hut's Jade Gauntlet.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
My advice to Jade players that will compete against Kenshi: use en-shadow kick to get in, try to build as much meter as possible from chip damage, get Kenshi in the corner and stay at u3/SK distance. This way you'll be able to avoid his spirit charge and punish him by spacing. You'll have a better chance in the corner to make good use of glow.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I know this is a bit of fun, but does one set cement anything? Everyone can have an off day, and then there are days when someone is firing on all cylinders.

This thread is going to probably turn into a general match up chart of the whole roster, but what if a high level player beat a average player in a Ft5, and the high level player was Jade and the average guy was Kenshi? This thread as it stands is pitting, probably the best Kenshi out there against any Jade up for it, the challenge is grossly unfair.

Lets take REO and BWizz. Now with all due respect to BWizz, it's generally accepted that REO is the better player, in fact there are probably only one or two others that can give REO a run for his money in the whole community. If they both played two sets of a Kenshi vs Jade, taking turns to use both characters, and lets say REO won the Kenshi vs Jade set and the Jade vs Kenshi set, does this prove the match up is 5-5 or REO is better? I know that seems a rhetorical statement, but way, WAAAAY too often this community says things like "this player did well, not because of the character, but cause of the player" and on the other flip side, you have people saying "if Baraka beats a Kabal player, the Baraka deserves props".

I hope that makes sense.
The point is that, since so many Jade players think that the matchup is not that bad, they need to put their money where their mouth is. If GLoRToR apparently has secret fairy dust tech that he uses to win against Kenshi, why shouldn't we all get to see that?

This is an intentional slaughter-fest meant to get these dumb bitches that shat all over AestheticLove to sit the fuck down. While also being fun ^_^.

Espio

Kokomo
The point is that, since so many Jade players think that the matchup is not that bad, they need to put their money where their mouth is. If GLoRToR apparently has secret fairy dust tech that he uses to win against Kenshi, why shouldn't we all get to see that?

This is an intentional slaughter-fest meant to get these dumb bitches that shat all over AestheticLove to sit the fuck down. While also being fun ^_^.
I didn't shit on Birdsongs nor do I disagree with her...so I shouldn't participate? If it's for the people that dissed her, why was I tagged?

AestheticLove ;_;.

If the purpose is to prove the match up is terrible, I already know, I haven't argued it wasn't bad for ages.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I didn't shit on Birdsongs nor do I disagree with her...so I shouldn't participate? If it's for the people that dissed her, why was I tagged?

AestheticLove ;_;.

If the purpose is to prove the match up is terrible, I already know, I haven't argued it wasn't bad for ages.
The part you and I were tagged for was "While also being fun ^_^." <3

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
(...) with effort and dedication much can be achieved and I believe that those who invest such, will stand plenty of chance at reaching the level where even Pig's Kenshi will no longer feel impossible, just quite challenging. When I said that AestheticLove is not Pig's level, I only meant that while it may feel impossible at the moment, she has plenty of talent and room to improve where she'll feel more at home in this fight.

Maybe if everyone stopped fighting and all contributed something, then Jade can progress slowly.

All this fighting nonsense is not going to get us anywhere.
People need to stop getting offended at MU numbers too.

I have this as 9-1 with Kenshi winning.

The best it could be if us Jade players find something, learn the MU better, etc, is 8-2 Kenshi winning

Jade has no shot at this MU being 7-3 or better

8-2 is the best it'll be, but currently, it's 9-1

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Maybe if everyone stopped fighting and all contributed something, then Jade can progress slowly.

All this fighting nonsense is not going to get us anywhere.
People need to stop getting offended at MU numbers too.

I have this as 9-1 with Kenshi winning.

The best it could be if us Jade players find something, learn the MU better, etc, is 8-2 Kenshi winning

Jade has no shot at this MU being 7-3 or better

8-2 is the best it'll be, but currently, it's 9-1
<3

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I'm totally down for this.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

KRYS9984

Noob
I've read every post in this thread along with the Jade vs Kenshi thread (which was closed) and thought I would chime in on the discussion.

Imho, all BS / theory fighting / negativity put aside, it ultimately comes down to this:

We cannot deny that AestheticLove is a top Jade player; she has been reping the character for as long as I can remember (Digimon SoSaltyLive anyone) and is a great advocate for the character. With this said, I honestly feel her opinion should be taken into consideration when discussing match-ups / match-up numbers. People who play and compete with Jade offline should also share their opinions since this is the most accurate representation of Mortal Kombat 9.

I agree that one person cannot speak for an entire character sub-forum, however, if they are one of the best candidates, their opinion(s) should be taken into consideration and used as a foundation to spark more conversation(s). If someone such as Pig Of The Hut (using as an example since he has posted in this thread) shares his opinions on a Kenshi match-up, it's hard to question him. He is obviously regarded as one of the best and has accomplished a lot with this character (at the highest level of play) and can offer one of the most accurate answer possible. The same could be said about Reo, Tom Brady, 16-Bit, Dizzy, etc..... use their knowledge / experience as a basis and form conversation / conclusion off of that.

Until someone starts to exclusively represent Jade at the highest level offline, one will still rely on the opinions of skilled (offline / online) players who are extremely proficient with the character. If Birdsongs / Pig of the Hut agree that the match-up is 9 - 1 and are requesting Jade mains to test their luck in this challenge to possibly change the score, so be it.

Less talk more walk.