What's new

General/Other - Mileena Piercing vs Ravenous vs Ethereal : The Breakdown

Choose Your Empress

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would F3 be changed to be able to punish? To be a good punish tool (which Mileena already has several fairly quick normals) it would need to be reduced to like 10-20 frames start up. So I'm assuming it would lose its overhead property because a 10-20 frame start-up with its range, mix-up capability, and damage it leads to would be ridiculous. Reducing the frames of F3 to even 25 frames should scale the damage it can get off of the F3,4,3 string.
Well at 25f, it would definitely make it a useable punish tool for things like Kung Jin divekick, Jacqui Bf4, Mileena roll, and probably a few other massively unsafe things. Also, there's no guarantee that they'd nerf the damage or the overhead property in exchange for making it faster. (Even though I agree with you and JDE that it should..) Again, I don't think F3 needs to be faster, (or at least doesn't need to be THAT much faster), but I'm just looking at both sides of the argument.

Saltface also mentioned having it fly over low pokes, which would make sense, but how would NRS fix that without fixing the entire anti-air properties of lows? Personally, I think getting D1 or D3'd out of a jump is retarded, but as it is, it's a big part of the anti-air metagame. So If regular jump attacks don't beat lows clean, I can't expect F3 to either.

Well at 25f, it would definitely make it a useable punish tool for things like Kung Jin divekick, Jacqui Bf4, Mileena roll, and probably a few other massively unsafe things. Also, there's no guarantee that they'd nerf the damage or the overhead property in exchange for making it faster. (Even though I agree with you and JDE that it should..) Again, I don't think F3 needs to be faster, (or at least doesn't need to be THAT much faster), but I'm just looking at both sides of the argument.

Saltface also mentioned having it fly over low pokes, which would make sense, but how would NRS fix that without fixing the entire anti-air properties of lows? Personally, I think getting D1 or D3'd out of a jump is retarded, but as it is, it's a big part of the anti-air metagame. So If regular jump attacks don't beat lows clean, I can't expect F3 to either.
Yeah I think NRS def should look at crouching normals anti airing. Same thing with certain characters being able to whiff strings and they anti air. The only thing that should anti air imo are normals that are meant to anti air, such as d2s and mileena's U3 and B3. But like you said it might just be part of the game at this point.

Yeah I think NRS def should look at crouching normals anti airing. Same thing with certain characters being able to whiff strings and they anti air. The only thing that should anti air imo are normals that are meant to anti air, such as d2s and mileena's U3 and B3. But like you said it might just be part of the game at this point.
Tbh, I'm ok with standing jabs anti airing because at least you can make a read an duck. But D1/D3 anti-jumps makes jumping away at disadvantage not only pointless but dangerous. It is what it is though.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
F3 should crush lows only. I have noticed where f3 will go over some low profile specials like subs slide and mileenas roll, so the ability is there.

Moves like this exist in Street Fighter such as Evil Ryu and Codys hop kick, as well as Decapre, Poison and C. Vipers overheads. These moves blow up your standard lp+lk crouch tech but lose to three button crouch techs that have higher hitboxes. Since d3/4 are vital to setting up the pressure game in the midrange, a faster f3 could be a legitimate counter poke.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
F3 should crush lows only. I have noticed where f3 will go over some low profile specials like subs slide and mileenas roll, so the ability is there.

Moves like this exist in Street Fighter such as Evil Ryu and Codys hop kick, as well as Decapre, Poison and C. Vipers overheads. These moves blow up your standard lp+lk crouch tech but lose to three button crouch techs that have higher hitboxes. Since d3/4 are vital to setting up the pressure game in the midrange, a faster f3 could be a legitimate counter poke.
That's the reason right there I want it to low crush...a counter poking option against down poke spammers.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
That's the reason right there I want it to low crush...a counter poking option against down poke spammers.
Senpai noticed me!
Ok jokes aside, funny thing you mention it being used as a counter poke because after some lab time with the Dvorah matchup I noticed that f3 beats her d4, obviously it has to be thrown it early otherwise she catches your toes. To make sure I wasn't just theory fighting, I was played a set against a relatively decent dvorah player and I was using it in neutral to counter her d4 and I was having a pretty decent success rate.

Now I can't speak of how this would translate in the high level meta but it can do the job it just needs a little help.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
One thing I like about F3 is that it really does seem to catch people off guard--almost like they block on reaction when they see it coming, but because the startup is so long, they think they can poke it out only to get bombed.

On a random note for Piercing, I wish Double Impale (F1 2+4 1+3) was more meta viable. I love throwing it out sometimes when F1 hits just to spice up the game play. At least you get a small follow up window on connect. Regular/EX low sai seem to compliment it well.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
One thing I like about F3 is that it really does seem to catch people off guard--almost like they block on reaction when they see it coming, but because the startup is so long, they think they can poke it out only to get bombed.

On a random note for Piercing, I wish Double Impale (F1 2+4 1+3) was more meta viable. I love throwing it out sometimes when F1 hits just to spice up the game play. At least you get a small follow up window on connect. Regular/EX low sai seem to compliment it well.
If you ever watched Mr_Mileenas stream he actually uses f12+4 as a corner restand. It's actually pretty nifty... And yes I said nifty ._.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Since this kind of a buff thread.

I say:
-F3 is 28f becomes air born on frame 2
-Make f343 +9
-Give her d4 more range.
-loosen recovery on HIT air sai

Piercing
Fix f12
Increased hit box on f21
Low sai is +8 on hit.

Ravenous
-f12 Leap frog is a Tick

Ethereal
- make fade 16f but same recovery
- give her some unique b12 string, it's fair.

FUN BUFFS:
-make ravenous grabs give her buffs like Grundy lol
-make fade dd2 hit low and allow for a combo follow up. Ha
-make b12 grab do Damage over time. Eh

@YOMI RM SaltFace
@Mr. Mileena
@TakeAChance

What do yall think? Ignore the three buffs above if you want but the ones above will help her.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3

I say:
-Make f343 +9
-Give her d4 more range.

Piercing
Fix f12
Increased hit box on f21
Low sai is +8 on hit.

Ravenous
-f12 Leap frog is a Tick

Ethereal

FUN BUFFS:

@YOMI RM SaltFace
@Mr. Mileena
@TakeAChance

What do yall think? Ignore the three buffs above if you want but the ones above will help her.
A+ on that my dear. That would be so amazing. :D

I really do hope NRS gives Mileena some more lovin'. They've been pretty good to her so far, so hopefully it continues.

I say:
-Make f343 +9
-Give her d4 more range.

Piercing
Fix f12
Increased hit box on f21
Low sai is +8 on hit.

Ravenous
-f12 Leap frog is a Tick

Ethereal

FUN BUFFS:

@YOMI RM SaltFace
@Mr. Mileena
@TakeAChance

I think in Piercing she shoulda have a longer D+1 with a Sai.
I think in Ravenous her regular throw should do 13 or 14%
Ethereal she can combo off of teleport hit stun (example 123 teleport, f12b4roll, with a second teleport in the same combo knocking them down ( can't combo off a second one to prevent infinites)

Status
Not open for further replies.