What's new

Pick the last 5 Kharacters (Spoilers)

Anyone else think We might get Noob/Smoke? I Feel like that could be the surprise. I'd be up for that.
I think adding noob/smoke would please a lot of players but also piss off even more of them. They are fan favorites, and they deserve more than sharing one place in the roster. Noob is also already hinted to be in the game so it probably won't happen anyways.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
HARD CONFIRMED
1: Scorpion
2: Sub Zero
3: Raiden
4: Baraka
5: Skarlet
6: Sonya
7: Geras
8: Kabal
8: Kronika
9: Cassie Cage
10: Kitana
11: Johnny Cage
12: Liu Kang
13: Kung Lao
14: Kabal
15: Shao Kahn

SOFT CONFIRMED
16: Rain
17: Kano
18: Jade

RUMOURED
19: Noob
20: Shang Tsung

21: Frost
22: Kung Jin
23: Cyrax
24: Kotal Kahn
25: Erron Black
26: Jax

DLC
27: G1
28: G2
29: Mileena
30: Smoke
31: Kenshi
32: Sektor

33: G3
34: G4
35: Ermac
36: Sindel
37: Nightwolf
38: Reptile

Possibly replace Erron with Takeda but I suspect Kronika will Sindel/Thanos the Kids early in the game

I'm also taking Kang and Lao as hard confirmed because I have no doubt they'll be playable

Frost is my big guess. I don't particularly want her but I have a hunch

SubZeroIce

Runway
I think adding noob/smoke would please a lot of players but also piss off even more of them. They are fan favorites, and they deserve more than sharing one place in the roster. Noob is also already hinted to be in the game so it probably won't happen anyways.
That's true, it would piss a lot of people off but IDK. I always liked the idea. They worked well together too and if they were able to swap out it could be cool. They each had a fighting style & moveset in MKD, so I think they could be full fledged out. we already got a Noob/Smoke homage in Noob's alternate in MK9 so It's plausible.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Do we know if we're getting premier skins? Hopefully that could save us a lot of hassle and free up some character slots

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'd much rather get an actual character with new moves honestly.
If both Liu Kang and Kung Lao are on the roster, I'd rather not have yet another shaolin monk. The thought of having Sonya, Johnny and Cassie all on the roster already feels bad.

Do we know if we're getting premier skins? Hopefully that could save us a lot of hassle and free up some character slots
They haven't directly called them premier skins, just said we're getting a lot of skins.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If both Liu Kang and Kung Lao are on the roster, I'd rather not have yet another shaolin monk. The thought of having Sonya, Johnny and Cassie all on the roster already feels bad.
I'm with you on that, I really just wanted Cssie or Johnny from that family, very unfortunate that we got all 3.

The Great Kung Lao would be different in my eyes though, as he would be basically a new character for the franchise. Besides him being DLC would mean not part of the story at all, not that I'd mind.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I get that they're trying to bring back fan favourites, which is great, I mean I fucking lost it when Baraka and Skarlet showed up. But Kotal Kahn's design is way too good to go to waste, he has to be in this.

So where is the noob confirmation coming from?

1. Reptile - too popular to don't let him return.
2. Smoke - i doubt he will skip 2 games ad well. Triborg doesn't count for me
3. Stryker - kabals return raises my hope for this guy
4-5. kombat kids or new characters
Watch the video. I'm interested in the countdown

I think Premier Skins would be great especially if it means some peoples favorite being in the game or not being in the game at all.

Only Kharacters I think Premier skins could work for:

Sub-Zero-----Frost
Li Mei----------Mileena
Diedrick-------Kano--------Jerrek

Who else has similar play styles? Good on NRS for not having very many clone Kharacters.

I get that they're trying to bring back fan favourites, which is great, I mean I fucking lost it when Baraka and Skarlet showed up. But Kotal Kahn's design is way too good to go to waste, he has to be in this.
MKX New Kharacters that deserve a roster slot:

Tier 1

Kotal Kahn, Cassie Cage, Takeda

Tier 2

Erron Black, D'Vorah, Kung Jin

Tier 3

Jackie Briggs, Ferr Torr

vapid

cyber warlord
I'll be genuinely shocked (and super disappointed) if Kotal isn't in MK11 - he was the best new character in MKX imo, and he's Emperor of Outworld. Also, Kotal vs. Shao intros will be amazing. It has to happen.

If they've dropped Kotal they've missed a fucking trick.