Phosferrax's fraud Zatanna MU chart

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Don't agree with
Aquaman 2-8 (mmh is worse)
Mmh
Death stroke
Raven

Maybe even cyborg (more in zat favour imo)

But everything else is alright.

Like I said aquaman is gayy but mmh is gayyerr..

What makes you think zatanna need to get in on raven anyway? If Ravens being a keep away bi**h than so can zatanna, raven zoning doesn't reach full screen so zatanna can freely zone there and build meter by teleporting away, you can then wait for her trait teleport and punish. No raven I've played has got around it yet to be honest. :/
Raven has a full screen projectile, pillar, & full screen pull. Raven doesn't play keep away in the mu. She walks in and forces zatanna to play footsies. Zatanna can't zone Raven.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
My only gripe is 5-5 vs flash. Zatanna beats that ass. MB fireball for the win. Sure he can slide under it, but zatanna can still throw projectiles while its out, keeping him pinned. Also his wake ups are kinda ass and zatanna eats that shit up.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
My only gripe is 5-5 vs flash. Zatanna beats that ass. MB fireball for the win. Sure he can slide under it, but zatanna can still throw projectiles while its out, keeping him pinned. Also his wake ups are kinda ass and zatanna eats that shit up.
Nope. It's definitely 5-5 or maybe even in Flash's favour. n-megabytes and I used to run this plenty of times.

Fireball is a non-issue. As soon as the Flash sees the start up animation, he'll just dash up and crouch block the thing. It does jack all chip and what's Zatanna get from it? Maybe a single ring toss? And you've just wasted a bar of meter. Offline this MU is much worse for Zatanna than online. Also flash's wakeups are not arse. He has LK, shake, torpedo and punch which still make it a guessing game on his wakeup.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
No way does Zat beat flash. His mad dash and far better footsies are a real problem for her. Like panic said, fireball gets you nothing.

No way does Zat beat flash. His mad dash and far better footsies are a real problem for her. Like panic said, fireball gets you nothing.
plz, you just need to play him right,,, fire ball doesn't get you 'that' far, but is useful for ending a round... have you seen this vid tho? at 23:24

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
plz, you just need to play him right,,, fire ball doesn't get you 'that' far, but is useful for ending a round... have you seen this vid tho? at 23:24
You mean that 7 month online video where Zyphox doesn't know the matchup, drops all his combos and there's significant lag?

That's not how the MU plays out offline. No flash who knows the MU will back away from fireball, they'll dash up to meet it. Likewise, Zyphox was dashing at all the wrong moments (although that's probably because of online).

Regardless, both he and Honeybee agree on 5-5.

Raven has a full screen projectile, pillar, & full screen pull. Raven doesn't play keep away in the mu. She walks in and forces zatanna to play footsies. Zatanna can't zone Raven.
Eh, i don't care about her so called "trait chip", chip away, ill just wait... i read something about her trait, then someone wrote about it, but i can't remember who said it on this thread earlier back but someone said when Ravens trait is in use its good for zat, not her, and tbh i agree... offline yh, you may be able to block her pm if you can react to it, normal or delayed, even 'straight' after a ring toss, if you trying walking forward after a ring toss which follows up with pm, if the timing is great on that, then you're most likely caught. then yh.

Either way, i still hate that little raven.

You mean that 7 month online video where Zyphox doesn't know the matchup, drops all his combos and there's significant lag?

That's not how the MU plays out offline. No flash who knows the MU will back away from fireball, they'll dash up to meet it. Likewise, Zyphox was dashing at all the wrong moments (although that's probably because of online).

Regardless, both he and Honeybee agree on 5-5.
i mean yh its a while back, but it still works, i've done it one zombiee before. but don't always like the zone option, i sometimes forget im zatanna and i go in and attempt to show flash a cool magic trick and he gets mad and down 2s me :'(

and yh i agree with you on the 5 - 5.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I'd suspect MU experience or lack of may have played a part here. Just because one flash player backed off from the fireball and ate trait chip doesn't mean that the character has any issues here. Emperor pryce is clearly very solid but I think any Zatanna player would say f21-dfu into b1 is not something you'd be trying on somebody who knows the MU. Do I usually win vs batgirl online? yes. Do I believe this MU to be in Zatannas favour? not at all.

Flash gives her trouble, I'd call 6-4 his favour. I explained my reasons for this in previous threads. I wouldn't use fireball in this MU unless I had massive life lead and excess meter.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Eh, i don't care about her so called "trait chip", chip away, ill just wait... i read something about her trait, then someone wrote about it, but i can't remember who said it on this thread earlier back but someone said when Ravens trait is in use its good for zat, not her, and tbh i agree... offline yh, you may be able to block her pm if you can react to it, normal or delayed, even 'straight' after a ring toss, if you trying walking forward after a ring toss which follows up with pm, if the timing is great on that, then you're most likely caught. then yh.

Either way, i still hate that little raven.
I didn't say her trait was used in the match up. It's not necessary, I was just correcting your misinformation. I don't use it. The ring toss puppet master thing is irrelevant. puppet master will not catch her after ring.

I'd suspect MU experience or lack of may have played a part here. Just because one flash player backed off from the fireball and ate trait chip doesn't mean that the character has any issues here. Emperor pryce is clearly very solid but I think any Zatanna player would say f21-dfu into b1 is not something you'd be trying on somebody who knows the MU. Do I usually win vs batgirl online? yes. Do I believe this MU to be in Zatannas favour? not at all.

Flash gives her trouble, I'd call 6-4 his favour. I explained my reasons for this in previous threads. I wouldn't use fireball in this MU unless I had massive life lead and excess meter.
yh man, i completely understand where you are coming from, and i agree, i dont really believe the fire is affective at all, i only use it if they have about 5-10% left and i wanna use trait, but i rarely do that as much.

i've played alot of different flashs amazingly good and bad, all different, but so many factors play into this, like who has more experience against a certain character, their level of skill against others, tactics blah blah blah etc...Before i always wanted to know how you stop the flash getting in soooo quickly even when youre full screen, but it's not footsies, more about spacing and control, and i change my play style almost everymatch, like when theyd dash recklessly to get in id mb forward teleport and catch them etc... but it all changes, and everyone adapts. Zatanna can lock him down from anywhere.

Last edited:
I didn't say her trait was used in the match up. It's not necessary, I was just correcting your misinformation. I don't use it. The ring toss puppet master thing is irrelevant. puppet master will not catch her after ring.
yh sorry, it kinda just popped into my head, i trust what you're saying and all being a well experienced raven, im just going off my current exp with previous ravens. the whole "ring after pm" thing is just something which caught people 'online' i've havnt gone against any raven offline either so.

Last edited:

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Out zones him, better movement and air control than him (iirc), Ares ass footsies play into zats game.
The only thing she has on Ares is mobility and 50-50's. You can't really zone him due to his teleport and her footsies are just as shit if not worse as his.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The only thing she has on Ares is mobility and 50-50's. You can't really zone him due to his teleport and her footsies are just as shit if not worse as his.
Hers are better than his imo, it's the trance that gives her the edge I think, as Ares doesn't have particularly fast projectiles or teleport.

I feel that zat gets a vortex after a combo, but Ares doesn't really get anything after a knockdown on her.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Im sorry.. no Flash i faced made me think 5-5, that goes for @Zyphox and @HoneyBee
especially @Zyphox please tell these guys bro.

its not all about footsies.. because IGAU doesnt have footsies.. it has spacing. it also has screen control, which zatanna does WELL. if she wants to keep flash full screen. she can.

if u guys get bodied by flash, then practice the match up. I feel its one of zatannas easiest match ups, flash gets shut down full screen and on wake up.

EMPEROR PRYCE

Also, Fireball is a big factor in this match up. because regardless wether flash can "dash up and crouch block it on reaction to the animation" it still halts his forward movement for quite a bit. which is the way you'd want to fight this match up. if you're trying to play "footsies" against flash w zatanna... wth are you doing? you should be zoning, fishing for a fireball knockdown or a ring knockdown. levitating at above sonic charge allows a punish if flash gets over zealous and forces him to respect you. his wake ups are all ass if you know how to reverse their inputs and force a wrong move, plus most of his wake ups are punishable except for LK which is a "non-factor" if u do a proper levitate 50/50 (it will whiff).

trust me. zat bodies flash hard.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Im sorry.. no Flash i faced made me think 5-5, that goes for @Zyphox and @HoneyBee
especially @Zyphox please tell these guys bro.

its not all about footsies.. because IGAU doesnt have footsies.. it has spacing. it also has screen control, which zatanna does WELL. if she wants to keep flash full screen. she can.

if u guys get bodied by flash, then practice the match up. I feel its one of zatannas easiest match ups, flash gets shut down full screen and on wake up.
Have I ever faced your Zatanna? :/ if you want to play me now you can

EMPEROR PRYCE

Have I ever faced your Zatanna? :/ if you want to play me now you can
given it was roughly 4 months ago.. but yeah i won FT 5-1 and then i switched to NW and u bodied me pretty tough. this was when u FIRST FIRST FIRST got XBL and murk forced me to play you lol. I dont play IGAU anymore but its always fun arguing my point with people on here. i dont even have XBL gold right now lol

edit: your name was still KHTC honeybee if that jogs ur memory at all

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
given it was roughly 4 months ago.. but yeah i won FT 5-1 and then i switched to NW and u bodied me pretty tough. this was when u FIRST FIRST FIRST got XBL and murk forced me to play you lol. I dont play IGAU anymore but its always fun arguing my point with people on here. i dont even have XBL gold right now lol

edit: your name was still KHTC honeybee if that jogs ur memory at all
lmao are you seriously basing your MU number on a single online FT5 where you apparently beat me 5-1...? I played deg offline and that shit is even. If you beat me 5-1 I probably didn't know the MU for shit. Your point holds no weight if you can't back it up and that was 4 months ago. A lot can change in 4 months.

If any Zatanna wants to play me add:
XBL: RM HoneyBee
PS3: Commandeur14