What's new

Petition: Change MK11 "amplify"/meter burn moves back to 1 universal button input

At higher levels it doesn't make anything harder because it's just one button press (or combination) and pros will be able to do them no problem, hell anyone who plays the game a lot online will be able to learn most of them.
so you think the real purpose was just to make things harder, more difficult?
nrs made a mistake and dont have a clue what they are doing i guess?
thats why they need scrubs (who have not played the game themselves yet) to tell them what to do, to correct them?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
This is dumb because, like I said, they're gonna end up changing it back because that's what Ed prefers and everyone who played said it was a useless change.

Can someone close this thread or something cause it's so dumb ugh.

codeview

Noob
I get what you mean, but lets not get crazy please. Its just a matter of muscle memory. If you do it 100 times, you will remember how to do it easily. Its not like you have to remember multiple line commands or even something similar, just a few more button presses.
You gotta think, though - if each character has 5 specials that can be amplified, and you play 10 characters on the roster on a regular basis, that is 50 amplify inputs you have to remember, and which goes with which move and character. 50 vs. 1 (block button) seems...a little overcomplicated, is all.

codeview

Noob
This is dumb because, like I said, they're gonna end up changing it back because that's what Ed prefers and everyone who played said it was a useless change.

Thank you for your insight and positive feedback. Comments like yours are why I love discussing things on TYM.

Gamer68

Fujin!
so you think the real purpose was just to make things harder, more difficult?
nrs made a mistake and dont have a clue what they are doing i guess?
thats why they need scrubs (who have not played the game themselves yet) to tell them what to do, to correct them?
When did I say that NRS doesn't know what they are doing and they made a mistake? Or that they need to listen to "scrubs"? I believe some pro players and even commentators (like UltraDavid) have said the change feels completely unnecessary. NRS devs said they may end up changing it because they aren't 100% sure about it. Ed Boon straight-up said that he wants the inputs to feel as easy as possible, basically saying that he wants it to go back to the original input. Streamers, YouTubers, casual players at the events, a lot of them said they didn't like it. I hate to say it but a LOT of people who did play the game are not digging it.

Literally my only point before was that it doesn't add any depth to the game either. It isn't going to be something that's hype to see people do. So if it's annoying for casuals and/or anyone who doesn't practice the game and wants know every input for every character, AND it doesn't add anything to the gameplay, then what's the point? They should change it.

Imagine Street Fighter where if you want an EX Hadouken you can't just press two punches together like usual. Nope, instead you have to press Forward+MP. But for the Tatsu you have to do Down+LK. And for Shoryuken, well, you can actually EX it multiple times by mashing HP.

If switching it back to the original input won't have any actual impact to depth or gameplay, but will make it feel better for everyone, then yes, they should switch it back.

I understand that MK11 has been getting a lot of criticism and requests for things that don't need any changes like how combos work and whatnot, and that can be kinda annoying to see. But people (who actually played the game) asking NRS if they can switch it back to the universal inputs that their games have always had is a completely valid request -- especially when NRS aren't completely feeling it themselves and are open to feedback. To be honest, it's getting kinda annoying to see people shit on any constructive criticism the game gets always presenting the same counter argument of "something something scrubs am I right?", and this thread seems full of that in my opinion.

The petition is dumb, though.

Last edited:

codeview

Noob
I think you can handle remembering to mash 1 after a chop chop or press 2 after a spear
it's more than just 2 after spear, I believe. And others are db2 after bf1, u2 after bf1, etc. the list goes on and on. Not many people only play 1 or 2 characters, so the number of amplify inputs to remember grows quick.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
it's more than just 2 after spear, I believe. And others are db2 after bf1, u2 after bf1, etc. the list goes on and on. Not many people only play 1 or 2 characters, so the number of amplify inputs to remember grows quick.
so you need to learn what 6 new inputs for every character. you'll be just fine. it's no different then having to memorize a characters strings

How about you try the new system in your life for a bit so you can actually know if you like it or not.
Exactly, why don’t people want to try it first to see how it feels before bringing out the pitchforks? It could possibly discourage counterpicking and add some depth. I think having an option to turn it off or just use MB in the beta to see which feels better would be nice, though.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Trust me, it’s easier to remember than you think. There are fighting games far more complex than this and plenty of people do fine remembering character specific commands across the roster.

This whole command change has really shown me how few other fighting games a lot of people here have played.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
Trust me, it’s easier to remember than you think. There are fighting games far more complex than this and plenty of people do fine remembering character specific commands across the roster.

This whole command change has really shown me how few other fighting games a lot of people here have played.
Makes me sad that Riot didn't captialize. There really clearly was a huge market for Rising Thunder.

aj1701

Noob

That's uncalled for; nothing wrong with making the thread or anything.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I started a Petition to hopefully encourage NRS to change the new "amplify" meter burn input system back to 1 universal button input. I've included details of the new "amplify" system and links to articles/YouTubers/Pros/Ed Boon giving their thoughts on it:

https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-studios-change-mk11-amplify-meter-burn-moves-back-to-1-universal-button-input

Seriously. It's still under consideration. The game is like 100+ days away. 60+ there about with the beta. NRS listens to it's community. Casuals and pros. Was this really necessary?

I mean... Like... *Sigh* Why?

Even if. IF they keep it the way U don't like it. Your still going to play the game. I mean from that POINT... The petition is moot. Done.

And. And on top of that... It's just and extra input. That's all. It's not asking you to do the raging demon or raging storm.

An extra input you'll learn in a few days of playing and memorizing. Nothing special.

God.:rolleyes:

When did I say that NRS doesn't know what they are doing and they made a mistake? Or that they need to listen to "scrubs"? I believe some pro players and even commentators (like UltraDavid) have said the change feels completely unnecessary. NRS devs said they may end up changing it because they aren't 100% sure about it. Ed Boon straight-up said that he wants the inputs to feel as easy as possible, basically saying that he wants it to go back to the original input. Streamers, YouTubers, casual players at the events, a lot of them said they didn't like it. I hate to say it but a LOT of people who did play the game are not digging it.

Literally my only point before was that it doesn't add any depth to the game either. It isn't going to be something that's hype to see people do. So if it's annoying for casuals and/or anyone who doesn't practice the game and wants know every input for every character, AND it doesn't add anything to the gameplay, then what's the point? They should change it.

Imagine Street Fighter where if you want an EX Hadouken you can't just press two punches together like usual. Nope, instead you have to press Forward+MP. But for the Tatsu you have to do Down+LK. And for Shoryuken, well, you can actually EX it multiple times by mashing HP.

If switching it back to the original input won't have any actual impact to depth or gameplay, but will make it feel better for everyone, then yes, they should switch it back.

I understand that MK11 has been getting a lot of criticism and requests for things that don't need any changes like how combos work and whatnot, and that can be kinda annoying to see. But people (who actually played the game) asking NRS if they can switch it back to the universal inputs that their games have always had is a completely valid request -- especially when NRS aren't completely feeling it themselves and are open to feedback. To be honest, it's getting kinda annoying to see people shit on any constructive criticism the game gets always presenting the same counter argument of "something something scrubs am I right?", and this thread seems full of that in my opinion.

The petition is dumb, though.
nothing wrong having concerns or dislike a new mechanic. its totally ok. i dont expect ultra david or anyone else so far to have already figure out the full potential of the new mechanics also how to use them properly. on top of that they only played a demo of the game.
i am aware of what they said but thats it. not going to take that serious for the reasons i just posted also i havent played the game myself too.
but this was not even my point.
people who never played the demo start spreading petitions and complaints on social media, thats complete bullshit.

we can discuss about everything mk11 in an specific thread but for sure not in this one here.

regarding feedback to nrs, im at this stage its kind of nonsense, lets wait at least for the beta in march.

Seriously. It's still under consideration. The game is like 100+ days away. 60+ there about with the beta. NRS listens to it's community. Casuals and pros. Was this really necessary?
if its true then it was not an good move from nrs. considering to make such an change before release? idk man
because if happens after release it would simply kill the game.
another argument for letting this thing how it is!

Last edited: