What's new

Petition: Change MK11 "amplify"/meter burn moves back to 1 universal button input

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
if its true then it was an good move from nrs. considering to make such an change before release? idk man
because if happens after release it would simply kill the game.
another argument for letting this thing how it is!
I agree. 100%

I honestly can't see them doing that until a majour patch or seasonal update like what they did in previous games. Game of the year editions and whatnots.

Even though. I can see why people are worked up. Their anxious. Inpatient. Eager to see and play the game and tons of other things.

Regardless you want or feel the reasoning of why they did this or that. I understand.

But they do this EVERY SINGLE GAME! It works or it doesn't. Again... The reasoning could also be they want to learn from their previous games too. Like the many input errors we've been complaining about since mk9.

Or the fact the frames don't gel with what your exicuting. Could be it's more simple to make blk just blk. Maybe NOT mapping more buttons or inputs to moves requiring more or less exicution, in situational times during the match.

Who. Really. Knows.

But this petition... Is dumb. Go petition for lower taxes or separate lines for coffees and specialty drinks at Starbucks.

Not this.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think this change will serve to refresh the game a bit. It will feel new and exciting (in addition to all the other changes).
I vote with Teezy.
It's going to incorporate a new offensive layer to one's character to go with all the new defensive layers and the x-factor of the Fatal Blow. Something new to make the game stand out to people who want a challenge in an otherwise not as uncomplicated as before meta. Plus I like not having blocking and meter burning attached to the same button.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
You people that are saying it should stay like this and feel it makes you Pro are making me cringe so fucking hard...
Having different inputs to enhance moves is an incredibly stupid decision and that's a FACT, everyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit about design. The problem isn't that it is hard to do, the problem is that it's COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. Get that through your thick skull...

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
You people that are saying it should stay like this and feel it makes you Pro are making me cringe so fucking hard...
Having different inputs to enhance moves is an incredibly stupid decision and that's a FACT, everyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit about design. The problem isn't that it is hard to do, the problem is that it's COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. Get that through your thick skull...
By definition, it's an opinion. And to say that anyone with a differing opinions to you maintains that opinion to feel "Pro" is reductive at best and not conducive to a proper discussion. But that's just my take on it.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
For what it's worth, OP, Boon has stated that he's on the side of keeping things easy to do for entry level players. And, since nothing was decided, it may go back to just the block button anyway.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
it's more than just 2 after spear, I believe. And others are db2 after bf1, u2 after bf1, etc. the list goes on and on. Not many people only play 1 or 2 characters, so the number of amplify inputs to remember grows quick.
You're that cat who sits at the character select screen toggling through a dozen characters before they inevitably decide aren't ye? How about picking up one to two characters, getting the knack of the system, and build a base from there? Not too hard to learn a couple extra inputs, keeps away the Alzheimer's. :eek:

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
This petition bullshit is getting out of hand. Seriously now, thats why the NRS community is conisdered as a Jokie amongst the FGC. "Too lazy to learn an additional input? Lets do a petition." "Have to put some work and thought into my gameplay? No way, lets get rid of it. PETITION ALERT!!!"

And as many people already said it, the game is not even out yet. We should wait for it and for now it doesn't seem to be that bad. Guys you seriously need to relax!

This petition bullshit is getting out of hand. Seriously now, thats why the NRS community is conisdered as a Jokie amongst the FGC. "Too lazy to learn an additional input? Lets do a petition." "Have to put some work and thought into my gameplay? No way, lets get rid of it. PETITION ALERT!!!"
well said son! at least someone finally get it. like me, you play multiple fighting games and so you hang out with other players too which is why you can look at this from another perspective.

for that reason i created a new thread to keep discussing about this topic.
thats all we can do as regular users.
https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-amplifier-meterburn-thread.67918/

Last edited:
K

Having different inputs to enhance moves is an incredibly stupid decision and that's a FACT, everyone who says otherwise doesn't know shit about design.
"Everyone who disagrees with me is wrong, and that's a FACT"

The problem isn't that it is hard to do, the problem is that it's COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY. Get that through your thick skull...
How is it unnecessary ? How do you know that ? Have you played the game long enough to fully understand the mechanics and how it was a bad decision ? C'mon, we'd love to hear your arguments, if you have any of course.

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
Relax. Boon is on our side. He's the boss. With this controversy spreading like fire, I'm sure he already ordered them to simplify the inputs.

Does anyone wanna bet that the artificial "gameplay depth" will be removed BEFORE the game comes out, even before the beta?

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Unlikely that they will remove it. Depending on how it was coded, it may be better to add a switch case to check the input event type and execute the amplifier based on a control menu option selection.

Amplify input: classic/pro

This could be implemented fairly easily.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Unlikely that they will remove it. Depending on how it was coded, it may be better to add a switch case to check the input event type and execute the amplifier based on a control menu option selection.

Amplify input: classic/pro

This could be implemented fairly easily.
That's a great idea, this way even at tourneys the player has the option to decide if they want the newer mechanic or the older one from the past few MK games games.