What's new

Personal MU chart for Green Lantern

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
tell me the reason's why you think that maybe I've over looked something. as always it's good to get input from all angles.

This match is all about getting the life lead and maintaining it.

Upclose, GL is pretty limited. Both b1 strings get parried. B1 into anything except minigun will get punished. I know he has other strings and such, but lbsh, no one uses them unless in combos. Because of this, some GL players like to use b1 by itself to bait out the parry and punish. That would be good if b1 wasn't punishable on block. He does in the post slide game tho. KF cannot backdash, jump or parry due to b1 and lift. Her best bet is to block or tech a throw attempt. But other than that, she wins upclose because he has a hard time breaking down her defense.

But a majority of this match will be spent on zoning from both characters. Both zone each other very well but it all depends on the life lead when it comes to who is zoning who. If GL is zoning frost, it can be a nuisance but it isn't too bad. Air rockets dont go full screen so she can walk to advance and/or slide under then in the right distance. She can throw off the air rocket zoning with her daggers. A majority of the time, itll trade, but she wins the trade because her daggers cause more damage and it will knock you down from the air. If i manage to hit you with the dagger untouched, i can combo from that. Ground rockets can be ducked and whiffed punished with spike, which leads into pretty good damage into a vortex. Minigun is pretty useless because it doesn't go full screen unless he traits up, but even then, minugun will get spiked on reaction. If frost is zoning him, it can be a bit annoying for him as well. GL's will try to use Air rockets to try and counter zone, but frost can just simply back up and continue zoning, which is putting gl at risk of eating an AA dagger. He can duck the dagger and then use ground rocket to throw off my zoning, but that'll trade most of the time and if GL doesn't have meter, she wins the trade. GLs LOVE to use air turbine to avoid the zoning, but that's asking for a slide.

When it comes down to it, its simply about who gets the life lead and maintains it better. The both have good zoning tools against each other, but frost wins up close because of her strong defense against his offense. Its 5-5 IMO.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
She can't parry B1,3 in lasso stance, also in Sword Stance we own his mobility with shield bash in the neutral game & we can pary B1,3. In lasso stance we can parry his projectiles, and also in any stance once you knock him down you just need a neutral jump 1 and stuff his wake ups for great damage in both stances. 5-5 IMO
Thanks for the NJ1 tech.
I meant you can punish b1,3 by backdashing in LS. Although i struggle with it in real matches. Buts thats just me beeing too lazy to train harder.

On the mu topic: Staying mid to fullscreen doesnt get ww anywhere. Yes, she can parry, but eventually she has to put herself in LM/b1 range. Thats no joke vs a solid and patient gl.

Nevertheless, you may be right. I can see the advantages WW has in SS. But she has to be on point with the stance switches to make the mu even.
IMO its 6:4 gl, because he gets to play his game, wheras she is cut down severely. Mainly by his aircontrol.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Thanks for the NJ1 tech.
I meant you can punish b1,3 by backdashing in LS. Although i struggle with it in real matches. Buts thats just me beeing too lazy to train harder.

On the mu topic: Staying mid to fullscreen doesnt get ww anywhere. Yes, she can parry, but eventually she has to put herself in LM/b1 range. Thats no joke vs a solid and patient gl.

Nevertheless, you may be right. I can see the advantages WW has in SS. But she has to be on point with the stance switches to make the mu even.
IMO its 6:4 gl, because he gets to play his game, wheras she is cut down severely. Mainly by his aircontrol.
You're welcome & yes, it's still an annoying MU. I could agree on 4-6 tho. It has the potential but we need to know him well and be pretty patient. It might be 4.5-5.5

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
I'm not quite sure that nj1 setup works vs wake-up LM. Every time I try it in training mode it fails; assuming you mean lasso grab, dash x2, nj1. There's just not enough time to land safely. What you can do though, is end combos with b3, f3 and either do an f3 cross-up or nj3. f3 will reverse his inputs if you time them correctly, and nj3 can also catch both of his dashes if he tries to get out. He's forced to block it. Once he respects those options you can go for 50/50s. Also with SS you can make your normal shield bashes safe by spacing them properly. b1 won't work and his d1 doesn't have enough range so you can pressure him along with limiting his mid-range options.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I'm not quite sure that nj1 setup works vs wake-up LM. Every time I try it in training mode it fails; assuming you mean lasso grab, dash x2, nj1. There's just not enough time to land safely. What you can do though, is end combos with b3, f3 and either do an f3 cross-up or nj3. f3 will reverse his inputs if you time them correctly, and nj3 can also catch both of his dashes if he tries to get out. He's forced to block it. Once he respects those options you can go for 50/50s. Also with SS you can make your normal shield bashes safe by spacing them properly. b1 won't work and his d1 doesn't have enough range so you can pressure him along with limiting his mid-range options.
Yeah! I always do it! I think i will make a video of it when i get home. And i didn't mean after lasso grab ender, i end my combos in D3 against Green Lantern at midscreen so i can use that NJ1 stuff, or you can either forward jump 1 and it will cross up and stuff LM as well... When i knock him down in shield stance in the corner i forward dash into NJ1, his wake up will whiff and i get a free full combo punish with NJ1 1,1,B1 and in midscreen i usually try to go for a MB B3 or forward jump 1 in shield stance after a knock down, or NJ1 if i hit him with B2,1.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Yeah! I always do it! I think i will make a video of it when i get home. And i didn't mean after lasso grab ender, i end my combos in D3 against Green Lantern at midscreen so i can use that NJ1 stuff, or you can either forward jump 1 and it will cross up and stuff LM as well... When i knock him down in shield stance in the corner i forward dash into NJ1, his wake up will whiff and i get a free full combo punish with NJ1 1,1,B1 and in midscreen i usually try to go for a MB B3 or forward jump 1 in shield stance after a knock down, or NJ1 if i hit him with B2,1.
Oh, that makes sense then. Nvm.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Thank god we seem to officially be done pretending Catwoman vs. Green Lantern is a 5-5 mu.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Thank god we seem to officially be done pretending Catwoman vs. Green Lantern is a 5-5 mu.
I always felt it was a 6-4 with a potential to get slightly worse for catwoman. Does wafflez btw use trait to help aide him zone a little safer and change up his timings?

Ashenar

I'd like to see @Denzell play some long sets vs. Theo and Slayer at SCR and see what happens.
I hope we get to see that but only if Denzel has continued to advance his lantern meta game. He was ahead of the curve at Evo2k13 but if he did make the switch to MMH which I was hearing he did. It could mean for not a rusty lantern but something that isn't 100% current/up to date or even something like what he was at evo which was a pioneer.
Someone should tag MIT in here so he could maybe shed some light if denzel is still 100% John Stewart.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I always felt it was a 6-4 with a potential to get slightly worse for catwoman. Does wafflez btw use trait to help aide him zone a little safer and change up his timings?

Only to close out rounds usually.

The zoning is not the killer for her. It's the footsies.

Ashenar

I agree the footsies are rough for her. From playing maxter early on in the game I might have been losing more then I should have but towards the end of his run with catwoman he said the match up was horrible and made the switch to lobo. I still feel the lobo mu is a strong 6-4. While most lobo mains will say it could be a potential 5-5 the only reason it would even be mentioned to be a 5-5 is because lobo has a punchers chance(damage).

LEGEND

YES!
almost the whole cast can do this so I've long since incorporated b1 ~ minigun to discourage backdashing for 23% on MB. I'm 99% sure that it's totally safe on block as well.
shouldn't you just do B1-Lift since B1-minigun can be interrupted and punished if they don't backdash?

both are punished if you get the read wrong but lift gets much more damage

Ashenar

I agree the footsies are rough for her. From playing maxter early on in the game I might have been losing more then I should have but towards the end of his run with catwoman he said the match up was horrible and made the switch to lobo. I still feel the lobo mu is a strong 6-4. While most lobo mains will say it could be a potential 5-5 the only reason it would even be mentioned to be a 5-5 is because lobo has a punchers chance(damage).

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Offline I've never lost to any superman besides kdz. I still the it is an even matchup
Aquaman I feel is in GL's favor. I've never lost to an aquaman in tourney either but that doesn't really matter about this matchup.
It is GL favor and I will make Theo believe when we play offline at SCR not laggy ass online.

Ashenar

Offline I've never lost to any superman besides kdz. I still the it is an even matchup
Aquaman I feel is in GL's favor. I've never lost to an aquaman in tourney either but that doesn't really matter about this matchup.
It is GL favor and I will make Theo believe when we play offline at SCR not laggy ass online.
Send me a PM denzell