What's new

Personal MU chart for Green Lantern

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Oh nice, why does GL lose to superman though?

I also think batgirl vs G.L. is even.
I could see it being even. While I am not completely familiar with the match up I feel her 50/50 game pays off really well. Also zoning trades can be in her favor with huge costs. But the neutral footsies game is in GL's favor and that could open her up.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I've been leaning towards the fight against superman being in Lantern's favor after the range reduction of F23

superman can't win a zoning game (he never could in this fight), can no longer play the same mind games with f23 breath on block, loses footsies because b1 now outranges f2, and loses the air to air game to j1 priority. GL has dirtier mix ups of the two now as well. I'm not afraid of anything he has besides corner damage.

I have a stellar record against supermen in my sporadic tournament appearances as well, I've only ever lost to the evo champ (who I'm 2-2 with over all) and have disposed of countless others.

and then there's batman who I get bodied by constantly and hate fighting.

I'm like bizarro wonder chef: east coast GL who trashes supermen and can't stand batman.

Also this is the strangest looking match up list I've ever seen lol
as someone who has played theo and slayer a million times:

Superman outzones GL in this matchup, your straight missiles will beat his straight projectiles if you do them after blocking a sweeping laser/ducking a straight lazer, but if superman reads that he can jump and whiff punish you with air laser at no risk to him. Until GL gets close, he has nothing to knock Superman out of the air with.

F23 Breath is still loopable against GL on block midscreen. He is one of the only characters where this is still possible, so the mind game stays literally the same as pre patch.

B1 and F2 are very very similar ranges, but remember that every time you do a b1 you risk superman backdashing and full punishing the b13.

Superman j1 is way way way better than GL j1. Seriously that move is retarded. HANDS DOWN #1 air to air attack in the game. I'm not exaggerating, I have beaten that in an air to air 0 times ever with any jumping attack.

Superman's wakeup game is so good that GL's vortex is only so effective against him. Trying to reverse a rising grab and ending up blocking a breath is a bad feeling man =[

Ashenar

Yes, I agree the matchup is even because Superman can zone out Lantern and Lantern can put him in a blender after a knockdown.
I am hesitant to say GL beats or loses to Superman. In some ways and some days even I see myself beating superman players online but then other days I get blown up. I'd say right now my safe pick for the mu is 5-5 but gl isn't helpless or getting zoned out by superman's lazer game completely if he's a heavy ground beam kinda superman j1 completely avoids it. Also there is a sweet spot with in the spacing that on reaction you can jump a air lazer and Lantern's might him on whiff.

Ashenar

Superman outzones GL in this matchup, your straight missiles will beat his straight projectiles if you do them after blocking a sweeping laser/ducking a straight lazer, but if superman reads that he can jump and whiff punish you with air laser at no risk to him. Until GL gets close, he has nothing to knock Superman out of the air with.

F23 Breath is still loopable against GL on block midscreen. He is one of the only characters where this is still possible, so the mind game stays literally the same as pre patch.

B1 and F2 are very very similar ranges, but remember that every time you do a b1 you risk superman backdashing and full punishing the b13.

Superman j1 is way way way better than GL j1. Seriously that move is retarded. HANDS DOWN #1 air to air attack in the game. I'm not exaggerating, I have beaten that in an air to air 0 times ever with any jumping attack.

Superman's wakeup game is so good that GL's vortex is only so effective against him. Trying to reverse a rising grab and ending up blocking a breath is a bad feeling man =[
On wake up at times tbh If I read the superman player is happy with using breath or air grabs. I'll MBF3 and not think about it twice. At worse you are + and you can pressure again with the better being a full combo into a trait mix up again.
Zoning against Superman I use empty neutral jumps to reset the zoning game as well. Sometimes I will check a superman with Rocket power if the spacing is correct this kinda helps as well. F2,3 Breath looping mid screen I am not 100% sure but I've been able to ether B1 it or back dash it and have it avoid also jumping back might not be a bad option as well. in the corner he can loop it 100% though. If you trade a B1 to his F2 you lose the hitstun war and he can check you again with F2,3 so it's best to block.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

That's not true though, if superman is trying to get over straight missile to air laser you can make the same read and punish the air laser with neutral jump or jump back air turbine (depending on space because you can run into the beam if he jumps high enough)

if that's true then yea that sucks

almost the whole cast can do this so I've long since incorporated b1 ~ minigun to discourage backdashing for 23% on MB. I'm 99% sure that it's totally safe on block as well.

I can't comment on supes j1, but everytime I go for GL ambiguous j1 after EX lift ender I've seen the rising grab and low scoop whiff the opposite way

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
I still don't understand how Green Lantern flat out beats Aquaman.

-Aquaman can punish regular turbine and airturbine both on whiff and block with FTD.
-He can punish Lantern's Might from any range with FTD.
-He has a huge window to punish whiffed Green Lantern B1's with trident scoop or his own B1, depending on the range.
-His fast and hitbox-lowering forward dash makes it easy for him to dash under Green Lantern's air bullets to whiff punish him assuming Aquaman is cornered and needs to create space.
-Aquaman has the zoning advantage from full screen and can punish air rockets with FTD, giving him a massive trade advantage of 22% (MB FTD, plus a just frame ground trident for 2% chip)
-He can space out trident rushes to not make GL be able to punish him with B13.
-Green Lantern has to respect Aquaman's J3 vortex game after a hard knockdown due to his lack of wakeups.
-Aquaman can punish ducked straight bullets with FTD from 3/4th screen or closer.

This is a very lame matchup. Aquaman wins the zoning game from full screen and Green Lantern wins it from midscreen. The only big trouble that Aquaman has in this matchup is his lack of good wakeups forces him to respect Green Lantern's vortexs on knockdown. Though Aquaman can pop out trait to make it a one way guessing game. (it will nullify B13 in the vortex). I also understand that Lantern can punish FTD's on whiff and block with Lantern's might, but that's just a question of who has the better footsies in this matchup.

I say its 5-5.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Bane is 5-5
Aquaman is 5-5
Ares is 5-5
Batman really seems 5-5 (am i reading it wrong or do you think he beats batman worse than lex? lol)
i have no idea what the frost matchup is but her safe slide gets her out of all his resets/setups and beats b1 and he cant really zone her so idk how thats advantage
and theres no way in hell GL beats Superman, b1 range is only 1 step more than f2 (superman's stance makes it need to go further to land) and he has good wakeups

other than that not a bad list
but i do find it hilarious that i got flamed for saying GL had 10 bad matchups pre-patch and now everyone thinks he has around 7 lol

Last edited:

derOeler

Death comes to all!
I dont get your chart, but i can tell you that you have yourself a nice favourable 6:4 against Wonder Woman.
Unless the ww-player can parry your b1,3 attempts consistantely (for a full combo or 16% in sword stance) you outzone her and she has to get herself into his b1 dangerzone.
Even mediocre GLs give me trouble because his Lift and b1 dominate my tools bigtime.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Yeah I've been victim to it, but I still haven't been beaten by a bane consistently. You going to Winter Brawl? Maybe we could get a money match going.
When the sessions start back up I hope to change your opinion on the MU(though I havent decided if bane or grundy is better against GL so maybe not).

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I dont get your chart, but i can tell you that you have yourself a nice favourable 6:4 against Wonder Woman.
Unless the ww-player can parry your b1,3 attempts consistantely (for a full combo or 16% in sword stance) you outzone her and she has to get herself into his b1 dangerzone.
Even mediocre GLs give me trouble because his Lift and b1 dominate my tools bigtime.
She can't parry B1,3 in lasso stance, also in Sword Stance we own his mobility with shield bash in the neutral game & we can pary B1,3. In lasso stance we can parry his projectiles, and also in any stance once you knock him down you just need a neutral jump 1 and stuff his wake ups for great damage in both stances. 5-5 IMO

Last edited:

Ashenar

KDZ (pre- patch) beats Green Lanterns free 10-0

Right @Ashenar ;) lol
lol It was hard to actually compete against KDZ I would win some matches but it was rather lop sided. I'd say about 50% of it was he was just a better player then I was in that point and time and a more seasoned fighting game player. The other was 50% f2,3 just dominated the pace of the match.

Ashenar

-Aquaman can punish regular turbine and airturbine both on whiff and block with FTD.
-He has a huge window to punish whiffed Green Lantern B1's with trident scoop or his own B1, depending on the range.
-His fast and hitbox-lowering forward dash makes it easy for him to dash under Green Lantern's air bullets to whiff punish him assuming Aquaman is cornered and needs to create space.
-Aquaman has the zoning advantage from full screen and can punish air rockets with FTD, giving him a massive trade advantage of 22% (MB FTD, plus a just frame ground trident for 2% chip)
-Green Lantern has to respect Aquaman's J3 vortex game after a hard knockdown due to his lack of wakeups.
-Aquaman can punish ducked straight bullets with FTD from 3/4th screen or closer.

This is a very lame matchup. Aquaman wins the zoning game from full screen and Green Lantern wins it from midscreen. The only big trouble that Aquaman has in this matchup is his lack of good wakeups forces him to respect Green Lantern's vortexs on knockdown. Though Aquaman can pop out trait to make it a one way guessing game. (it will nullify B13 in the vortex). I also understand that Lantern can punish FTD's on whiff and block with Lantern's might, but that's just a question of who has the better footsies in this matchup.

Also if we ever meet up some day
I say its 5-5.
That's your opinion on it. If you ask Whiteboi from the times we've played the match up and I've shown him the reason's why it's not in aquaman's favor he would agree that it isn't. While AM makes you play honest in certain parts of the game. Things like the traited vortex for example are things that aquaman can not wake up out of or trait out of. also traited zoning is something I use in the match up for better recovery on air oa's. The main key in this match up for green lantern is to push aquaman from mid to corner screen and harass and maintain the life lead. GL is one of the few characters in the game that can bypass trait saftey thus making the match up a bit more risky for aquaman. After talking with Tom about it he feels it's in GL's favor as well. But like I said at the start you can't be completely brain dead with GL that's why I say it's a 6-4. Just because it's a 6-4 doesn't mean it's a 8-2 like some bad match up's where in MK9.

Also if we ever met up some day at a tournament I'd really like to play that and the superman match up with you. You down for 50 matches each character?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

I say its 5-5.
Why the hell would GL be doing turbine outside of knockdown situations anyway?

Nearly every character in the game can punish LM...a number for some pretty solid damage.

Aquaman can dash under oa, like everyone else. He still runs the risk of running into stuff like b1 or standing oa rocket.

GL's vortex involves more than just b13/f3. There's f3/crossup f3/ambiguous nj3/b13. 3 out of these 4 options say fuck you to trait, period.

Aquaman wins the full screen game, but is he going to keep GL there? No. As you said, midscreen is GL's advantage in the zoning war. Winning from full screen with a character whose zoning won't even keep you there for very long isn't what you talk it up to be.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Chart is a bit confusing to me. So.. your saying the "Even Match-Up's" are on the bottom right? "Advantage" is top right? "Disavantage" is on the left?